Rumor Brazil (and maybe others) Pavilion Coming to Epcot [not about Brazilian people nor a country wish list]

aladdin2007

Unlike Morocco tho, Brazil is a huge audience of WDW.

Disney would get a ton of backlash if they built an Up attraction in the Brazil pavillion
Also worth noting, Aladdin has only a M&G in Morocco, not an attraction (not that it's any less geographically incorrect tho)

they also got a ton of backlash for cramming frozen into Norway, and that didnt stop them. I mean I agree with you just comparing other things to it also.

Lensman

they also got a ton of backlash for cramming frozen into Norway, and that didnt stop them. I mean I agree with you just comparing other things to it also.
I heard that based on the original Fastpass demand, our friends in Norway were thinking of correcting the problem by changing the name of their country to Arendelle, but since the attraction's popularity has diminished, they've backed away from that plan. /s

nickys

Premium Member
I heard that based on the original Fastpass demand, our friends in Norway were thinking of correcting the problem by changing the name of their country to Arendelle, but since the attraction's popularity has diminished, they've backed away from that plan. /s

Actually, there is a place in Norway called Arendal. Except it’s inland, and nowhere near fjords, and is nothing like Arendelle. But other than that, I’m sure it’s the spitting image of the town from the movie ..... ;) I’m not sure what the locals thought when they saw the movie lol! I assume not much or they would have marketed themselves as the film location.

ppete1975

Yeah, tbh I have no idea what IP they could shove into a Brazil E ticket. @marni1971 This is IP-based right?
Well there is a perfect IP for Brazil. Saludos Amigos. Turn the ride in mexico to Coco. Then make a ride for the three cabelleros in Brazil. Bonus points make a small theater and show Walt and El Grupo (not sure if Disney owns rights to the movie, but that could happen), and maybe a small museum about the event. You could build it kind of like the land. Have the theater upstairs a museum and gift shop (unlike the land), then downstairs a ride or 2 then a restaurant.

HauntedMansionFLA

New movie coming out in 2019. We will see if Disney strikes for a second time.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I said this in the Riviera Resort thread but I'll say it here:

Back in January, @marni1971 and @Magic Feather indicated that a new pavilion was earmarked between Germany and Italy. What if the larger budget Brazil plan is actually going on the other side of Germany with a Riviera resort as a backdrop. That would make a lot of sense.
With the budget it is still proposed for Germany Italy.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Based on nothing further than speculation... I'd imagine if they want to use the Shanghai boat tech - to the scale it was used in SDL, they would need the old Africa plots to do it.

Shanghai PotC uses 2.2 acres. That would be the footprint of the yellow building in this mock-up...

1540167686034.png

Princess Leia

I’m actually curious to see if the pavilion uses any similar architectural elements that the F&W kiosk has:
E1D47100-67DD-4691-92DC-25D463DCCA86.jpeg

Also, I kind of want to know why Disney doesn’t have this kiosk near the future pavilion space. It’s currently next to Morocco.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom