Boycott

MartyMouse

I don’t know if keeping Mike would be the best for the company - but dismissing him publicly is only hurting the Disney image. However we don’t know who would step in and take over – it’s like when Perot ran for president – we all knew he could balance the budget but I think everyone knew he couldn’t lead the country. Roy could bring in a great leader true to the Disney way – but that person could ruin the company financially and I think we all understand that Disney magic won’t pay the bills.

As far as Pixar they were asking way- way too much.
As far as the Henson deal, yes Disney should have fought harder to get the Muppets – but Henson’s son should have realized that the Muppets aren’t as valuable without Jim and taken Mikes lower (yet fair) offer.

BigNorm

Originally posted by MartyMouse
I don’t know if keeping Mike would be the best for the company - but dismissing him publicly is only hurting the Disney image. However we don’t know who would step in and take over – it’s like when Perot ran for president – we all knew he could balance the budget but I think everyone knew he couldn’t lead the country. Roy could bring in a great leader true to the Disney way – but that person could ruin the company financially and I think we all understand that Disney magic won’t pay the bills.

Does anyone remember who brought in Eisner? Um....Roy maybe?

General Grizz

I don’t know if keeping Mike would be the best for the company - but dismissing him publicly is only hurting the Disney image.

Kicking Eisner out will SAVE the Disney image.

Is it not Disney that has distributed o on the "Hot Choice" (part of Viewer's Choice)?

Is it not Disney that had "Are You Hot?" on television? Or how about owning 30% of E!, home of Howard Stern?

Or how about the recent Big Thunder Mountain crash, which was caused by uncaring Cast Members, CAUSED by cutbacks, CAUSED by management, CAUSED by budget, and CAUSED by Eisner?

Or how about the constant Disney advertismnet everywhere? The "Magical Gatherings, Magical Gatherings, Magical Gatherings, Magical Gatherings?"

Or the use of the Tower of Terror float SOLELY for advertisment on a traditional Rose Parade? For the DISNEY float? And removing it a day early so that the seniors could not witness the Disney float for the first year SIMPLY to get more ads?

I cannot see how pointing the person at Eisner is wrong. He's the boss. He should change it, or he should be kicked out.

Roy is not hurting the Disney image; in turn, he, and the rest of us, are trying to save it.

PaisleyMF

All the same people are quick to take the credit for the success of Disney away from Mike - but blame every failure on him. It’s not fair.
Oh and Brother Bear would have been a hit if they didn’t spend so much on the movie. I’ll tell you one mistake that animation (could be Mike) has made – they spend way too much on their films Bother Bear shouldn’t have had a budget of 100 mill.

The budget on a movie doesn't make it great or trash. Look at My Big Fat Greek Wedding, was like 10 million and was one of the best movies of 2002, Wasn't Pearl Harbor a over 100 million movie, was a crap at the box office.

What make a movie is the soul of their staff (either animators or actors) what makes glorious Disney Classics is the staff.

What have in common Little Mermaid, Beauty and The Beast, Aladdin, Lion King: The casting of the voices, the animators the music, the stories... that is the soul of a movie, their staff.

Would it be the same work if there where rumors that after this work you may get fired. Some of them will but many more won't give a cent and do a sloppy job.

When "Mike" (since it seems you know him so well) took Disney he saved Disney with Jeffrey Katzenberg (and afterwards sue Disney, and who to blame?)

imagineer boy

Man I just don’t understand you people!!! :brick:
Mike is the best thing that ever happened to Disney. You must not remember how bad things were before he came to the company. What you see today - the great parks world wide, the fabulous hotels, movies like Beauty and the Beast and Lion King all this happened because of Michael Esiner.
Roy is acting like the little baby Walt always said he was and you are all playing into it. Mike has more class then to run to all the media outlets and cry like a little girl when things don’t go his way. Give the man a chance he has seldom let Disney down, every action he has taken has been in the best interest of the Disney Empire, keeping the stock holders happy keeps the company alive.

Ahem... FRANK WELLS saved the company in the eighties. Eisner got the credit. Eisner allowed the evil Paul Pressler and the wicked Cynthia Harriss to let the theme parks ( especialy DL ) rot in a painful death. Look at DCA, budget cuts everywhere. Also, the recent films are good, but all Eisner did was give them the green light. He didn't even bother with the story of the budget or anything. Plus, he put all of those poor animators out of their jobs.:( Not to mention let Pixar leave Disney. Wow, Eisner has real class doesn't he?

BTW, Roy never call Roy a little baby. He's a true Disney hero. Plus, I believe Walt never called Roy a little baby.:D

General Grizz

Can anyone say Prince John takes over after King Richard? :confused: :lol:

I mean, we have hympotizing Board ($ir Hi$$) and ALL that cash around Eisner's bed just like John's. . . :lookaroun

Lee

Adventurer
Gotta throw my 2 pennies in here........

Mike was great for the company, in fact he most likely saved it, but that was years ago. Look at the situation with Disney in the early 80s and today, and you will find way too many similarities.
Feature animation is stalled....
Cuts are made at the parks...
Cast morale is low....
And Disney is being considered a takeover target...

Mike lost it. He became far more interested in feathering his own nest. While budgets were being cut, cast and animation crew laid off, and films bombing.....Eisner stuffs a billion dollars in his pocket. That's just wrong, and it's just not Disney.

Look at his quote to the cast in December. He actually said that increasing shareholder value is the sole foucs of the company. That is unacceptable and unforgivable. Time for him to go and someone who understands, someone with a little pixie dust left, to take the wheel.

Oh, and the Pixar thing. Ask yourself why they were asking for so much lately. Ever think they were TRYING to botch the deal? Then find out who Jobs talks to on the side. I'll give you a hint: His office used to be in the sorcerer's hat.
The fat lady hasn't sung just yet.

BigNorm

Originally posted by General Grizz
Can anyone say Prince John takes over after King Richard? :confused: :lol:

I mean, we have hympotizing Board (Kaa) and ALL that cash around Eisner's bed. . . :lookaroun

All together, "All hail the phony king of Disney." :lol: Good one Grizz.

mjgbpackers

While I agree something has to be done - your boycott truly could ruin a vaction for possible first time disney goers. And then think of the employees who would lose wages -most of them do have families. And of course in this day in age it could be considered a terroist act. So maybe it's not the best idea. Someone will come up with a great idea! You know what your first trip to disney was like. You wouldn't want to ruin it that way. There has to be a right way to let Mr. Eisner know it's time to move on!!!!! It's time to bring Disney back to they way Walt & Roy mean't it to be. Teh most magical place on earth!!! My first trip to Disney was a trip I won and let me tell you we've been back every year since. It was hard to leave WDW the first time. The tears just rolled down the checks and I kept thinking to myself why didn't we do this sooner! It just wasn't in the books at the time. And now we have alot of trips under our belt. I even have a college daughter who participated in the Disney College Program for 8 months and that meant 2 trips to WDW in 2003. And now she is a campus rep. We are Disney buffs!!!! And everytime we are there - we still see that magic.
But it's time for a change Mr. Eisner - move on and let Roy and the rest of the people who truly believe in the magic of Disney continue the tradition.

mj

General Grizz

Originally posted by Lee
Oh, and the Pixar thing. Ask yourself why they were asking for so much lately. Ever think they were TRYING to botch the deal? Then find out who Jobs talks to on the side. I'll give you a hint: His office used to be in the sorcerer's hat.

How inspiring!

And I love your parallel. How true.

MartyMouse

Can anyone say Prince John takes over after King Richard?
Were are not going to see eye to eye on this – however I want to say that I do respect your opinion and that there is a certain amount of validity to it.
I hope the future of Disney will be bright and just as magical as it has always been.
I guess that Mike has given so much to Disney (yes I know how much he was paid) and just to throw him under the buss because Roy is calling for is very disrespectful.
I think he deserves better than he is getting.
He is not an evil man he is a good person, don’t let what is going on now take away from all he has done.

PS – Animated movies shouldn’t cost over 100 mill – the 90 mill Brother Bear made was a good box office take for a family cartoon, the budget didn’t need to be that high if they spent 60 mill (and that’s all that movie should have cost) the movie would have made 30 mill.

imagineer boy

*Eisner after reading Roy's resignation letter*

"Mommy!" *sucks thumb "I've got a dirty thumb!"

EVERYBODY SING!

He's gone from Mike Eisner the first to Mike Eisner the worst!:sohappy:

BigNorm

Originally posted by Lee

I don't get it. His office used to be in the sorcerer's hat?

General Grizz

Originally posted by imagineer boy
He's gone from Mike Eisner the first to Mike Eisner the worst!:sohappy:

FWAH! I have to say that was one of the few times I've laughed out loud on WDWMagic. :D Good job, imagineerboy AND BigNorm.

This calls for a new avatar in about a week... :lookaroun :lol:

imagineer boy

He is not an evil man he is a good person,

Wow, he fired countless animators who loved their jobs so much and put them out of a job. He truly is a great man.
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

BigNorm

FWAH! I have to say that was one of the few times I've laughed out loud on WDWMagic. :D Good job, BigNorm.

This calls for a new avatar in about a week... :lookaroun :lol:

In my best Elvis: "Thank You, Thank You very much."

General Grizz

Originally posted by BigNorm
In my best Elvis: "Thank You, Thank You very much."

I had misquoted, I meant to say Imagineerboy and Big Norm. :D

So far as I'm concerned, Robin Roy can rob from the rich all he wishes. :D

Thought of the Day on SaveDisney:

"Firing loyal, talented, brilliant people and slashing budgets to 'bare bones' should NEVER be rewarded with a huge bonus (in addition to the generous salary) - no matter how wise those actions are deemed by the company. It's simply immoral by any religious or social principles we all pretend to live by. Considered fair by most of the world's corporate culture, I find it disgusting and inexcusable. Nothing wrong with being rich, but beyond the point of being able to put any more of that wealth to good use, we end up with countless billions just sitting in Swiss vaults; while millions of good people remain unemployed, and societies deteriorate. It doesn't even make any sense."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom