Boycott

The_CEO

Originally posted by MartyMouse
Man I just don’t understand you people!!! :brick:
Mike is the best thing that ever happened to Disney. You must not remember how bad things were before he came to the company. What you see today - the great parks world wide, the fabulous hotels, movies like Beauty and the Beast and Lion King all this happened because of Michael Esiner.
Roy is acting like the little baby Walt always said he was and you are all playing into it. Mike has more class then to run to all the media outlets and cry like a little girl when things don’t go his way. Give the man a chance he has seldom let Disney down, every action he has taken has been in the best interest of the Disney Empire, keeping the stock holders happy keeps the company alive.

He cut all ties with Pixar.... Good choice?

Don't know if you noticed. But the stockholders.. arent that.. happy..

Disneyland1970

Man I just don’t understand you people!!! :brick:
Mike is the best thing that ever happened to Disney. You must not remember how bad things were before he came to the company. What you see today - the great parks world wide, the fabulous hotels, movies like Beauty and the Beast and Lion King all this happened because of Michael Esiner.
Roy is acting like the little baby Walt always said he was and you are all playing into it. Mike has more class then to run to all the media outlets and cry like a little girl when things don’t go his way. Give the man a chance he has seldom let Disney down, every action he has taken has been in the best interest of the Disney Empire, keeping the stock holders happy keeps the company alive.

I know I only have 5 years on you, but did you grow up on Disney or have you just found out about it?

Have you been to the parks lately?

Your Picture of DCA is just proof of another Eisner failure!

General Grizz

I wouldn't call the current Cast situation dandy.

I wouldn't call the downfall of animation dandy.

I wouldn't call the firing of hundreds of animators dandy.

I wouldn't call cutbacks and raised prices dandy.

Eisner saved Disney, and just like the Chinese Dynasty Cycles, it's time to pull the rat out of the mouse's house.

MartyMouse

I grew up on Disney and I remember the Black Cauldron years and the new life Mike brought to the company.
Did you see what Pixar was asking for they wanted 100% ownership of the films – that means that Disney would have to pay them to use the characters in their parks? Mike made the best choice for Disney at this time – however I think both Pixar and Disney are going to loose on this separation.

General Grizz

I grew up on Disney and I remember the Black Cauldron years and the new life Mike brought to the company.

I remember the dark days of the 80s. But I also remember Atlantis. We've come full circle.

Little Mermaid was fifteen years ago.

MartyMouse

No I don’t feel that everything is fine in the house of mouse but I think Roy crying sour grapes and asking Mike to step down is in the bets interest of the company.

General Grizz

... Roy, the animators of Brother Bear, the remaining Nine Old Men, families, Mousketeers, Imagineers, Disney online board enthusiasts, and hundreds of thousands of Cast Members.

All crying. :D

mickeykid79

OK, Yes Michael was a great man and did great things for Disney, But now it times to say good bye to him and his company!

He had his moment in the sun, but his lack of getting Disney up to part is not working.

Boycotting can work, just outside the property. You can picket fence along US192 and I-4, with the proper permit. Disney can't touch you. But alot of international tourist won't knw whats going on. A good target is Disney Stores, protest or setup a SAVEDISNEY.com table just outside the Mall's enterance near a Disney or just outside the store itself, Nothing violent, very professional, so kids don't looked puzzeled.

Another way, My friends and I were talking, is to wear a shirt with a sketch my friend made of Disney's Der Fuhrer's Face, only with Eisner's face instead of Hilter's. I shall post it as it becomes available.

SO DO WHAT YOU CAN! RUIN THE VACATIONS OF MANY DISNEYGOERS!!! I KNOW THAT CHRISITIAN GROUPS ALWAYS RUINS MINES ON GAY DAY.:sohappy:

DOWN WITH EISNER

General Grizz

Oh and I know Little Mermaid was 15 years ago – but what about Brother Bear??? Not a cash cow but a great film.

Course it was a great film. And Eisner just laid the crew who BROUGHT that good film off - not the crew of Atlantis.

The reason it didn't do exceptionally well is based on the constant influx of crap material in forms of sequel after sequel and DVD after DVD.

Want to know why Lion King did so well? Look at how many films Disney produced between Aladdin and Lion King.

NONE. In two years. And with creative story, SONG, HEART, and quality, in combination with this strategic design, they got success.

Not anymore.

Eisner is relying on a per-quarter, please-the-stockholders-now-and-get-a-raise approach that is both short-term and VERY dangerous to the Disney name, being degraded as we type.

MartyMouse

Like I said before the Mouse House needs some serious Home Improvement (wasn’t that a hit show for Disney??) But for Roy to point the finger at Mike (in an open forum) is counter productive. Mike has always taken the brunt of Disney criticism when he didn’t need to, he has stood strong for this company and deserves more respect than he is getting.

General Grizz

Like I said before the Mouse House needs some serious Home Improvement (wasn’t that a hit show for Disney??) But for Roy to point the finger at Mike (in an open forum) is counter productive. Mike has always taken the brunt of Disney criticism when he didn’t need to, he has stood strong for this company and deserves more respect than he is getting.

Based on what we just discussed? I don't think so.

Disney has needed improvement since 95/96, and the crumbling apart of the Disney image can only be saved at this point with brand new management. As CEO, Eisner could have fixed this. He certainly did not.

Thus, pointing the finger at Eisner may be the best thing to do for now in hopes to kick him off the Disney board come the upcoming elections.

BigNorm

Eisner did great things in the late 80s and in the 90s, but his time is over now. Roy isn't crying or whining or anything else. Roy and Stanley Gold seem to be the only one's with the grapefruits to stand up and say, 'hey, this sucks. It's time to do something about it.' You talk about the Little Mermaid, my God, Disney has just laid off their FL animators. Those people have families don't they? It isn't a matter anymore of what Eisner did ten years ago, what's he done lately?

MartyMouse

All the same people are quick to take the credit for the success of Disney away from Mike - but blame every failure on him. It’s not fair.
Oh and Brother Bear would have been a hit if they didn’t spend so much on the movie. I’ll tell you one mistake that animation (could be Mike) has made – they spend way too much on their films Bother Bear shouldn’t have had a budget of 100 mill.

PaisleyMF

MartyMouse, may I say that at some point you are right he did (past) some good thing and creative things for Disney but how greater would have been keeping Pixar for more movies, or having a best deal with Jim Henson productions (remember that only the Muppets 3D movie everything else got thru)

Eisner is not the same with his people, Look at DCA, look on quick fixes (Aladdin's Carpet Ride, 3 of the same on one park) and so on, and so on.

It is time for a newer vision a newer aproach. Why Disney's Sea, HK DL or TDL are so sucessful, the are license from Disney owned by a Overseas company that put's it money were their mouth is.

Why DLP started with so bad and how it haved grown it what it is (basicly a same deal like Oriental DL happend over Paris)

Disney has been a Pioneer in Animation / Parks and Rides / Movies and so on but a creative voice with a newer vision is needed to Save Disney.

There still time to grab back Pixar, There can be a Deal to distribute Muppets, Animation can be saved. Get creative on the parks and draw more people and revenues (remember that is also a company that needs money). Give better deals with Cast Members

There is so much that can be done without Eisney at this point and a Boycot in the parks is not one of them.

Let them hear your voices but in a pacific way, Learn from Gandhi.

PEACE

Disneyland1970

Go to JimHill and read the latest article from Shamrock!

Eisner is just looking for quick $$$$$

And yes Home Improv was a hit for Disney 5 years ago!! Now ABC is #3. Do you have any ammo for MIKE from this Century.

The more it think about it IS THIS MIKE??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom