Boy dies after riding Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
teebin said:
no child died on MS a MONTH ago did they? how could they screw this up? It was over a YEAR ago!
It is modern journalism. It doesn't have to be factual just interesting.

sbkline

Just because it was reported that a little boy died at WDW, that doesn't mean that anyone is trying to play the blame game. It's simply a newsworthy story. The news people are just doing their jobs. Unexpected, tragic deaths always make the news, but when you have a popular vacation resort destination like WDW, things like that are going to be even more newsworthy. I would be very surprised if a story like this didn't make the newspapers. So I don't know why everyone is so upset that it is being reported.

disneynut68

I's sad that a child died after the ride but as usual everyone is so quick to rush to judgement just because its Disney. Here on Long Island where I am from there is a small amusement park where 3 people died within 1 week but you didn't see the national news making a big deal of that. As far as I am concerned this will not change the way I feel about Disney 1 bit. I still love everything about it, I will still buy their stuff, go there on vacation and ride all the rides. The bottom line is that this was a tragedy that this 12 year old is no longer here but personally I don't feel that this is Disney's fault although everyone who is not like us I am sure will not see it that way. Bottom line is right now we will just have to wait for more details to be released.

wdwishes2005

I am glad it is reported. I hate that it is sensationalized crap and only part of it has a factual basis. They can't even get their " facts " straight.

wdwishes2005

disneynut68 said:
I's sad that a child died after the ride but as usual everyone is so quick to rush to judgement just because its Disney. Here on Long Island where I am from there is a small amusement park where 3 people died within 1 week but you didn't see the national news making a big deal of that. As far as I am concerned this will not change the way I feel about Disney 1 bit. I still love everything about it, I will still buy their stuff, go there on vacation and ride all the rides. The bottom line is that this was a tragedy that this 12 year old is no longer here but personally I don't feel that this is Disney's fault although everyone who is not like us I am sure will not see it that way. Bottom line is right now we will just have to wait for more details to be released.
Today a 6 year old died because he fell out of a ferris wheel. I don't see that making national headlines. the sad thing is it wasn't a natural death of a pre-existing condition, yet it is getting no attention...

sbkline

Here on Long Island where I am from there is a small amusement park where 3 people died within 1 week but you didn't see the national news making a big deal of that.

But the amusement park isn't a popular destination known throughout the world, is it? That's the difference. IMO, it's not that anyone is necessarily trying to give Disney a bad reputation or accuse them of anything. But the more well known a place is, the more newsworthy things will be that take place there. It just goes with the territory.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only thing I see incorrect with CNN's report is the mistake about the death last month on M:S. They are just reporting a story that happened a few hours ago. They have presented the facts that they know and have said there there is little information available at this time. What do you guys want the media to say?? We all love Disney and it really hurts when something like this happens. But what is with all the blaming?? As far as we know, there is no one at fault. Why get all mad at CNN or the newspapers? my deepest sympathies go out to the family. Nobody deserves what they are going through at this very moment. And here we are complaining and trying to put the blame on anyone.

Corrus said:
Maybe some evil mind is behind this... some conspiricy...
Like gathering all people with a condition and bringing them to Disney World
and them letting them ride thrill rides... :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun

That could be the next Michael Crichton novel!

PhotoDave219

Master Yoda said:
It is modern journalism. It doesn't have to be factual just interesting.

Well said. Especially considering how major newspapers only seem to hire people from elite journalism schools.... These people who are writing the stories dont have a clue how to place information in the proper context.

Miss Bell

First of all, my sympathy for the family for their loss.
Now to flame the media: what a sensationalist, full of holes story--on CNN, no less. I would hardly call a 12 year old "a little boy." They don't even know if the boy is 7 or 12. They don't know that the boy that died on MS was a year ago. They need to get their fact straight before the post their story as the banner opening story on what is many people homepage.

Unfortunately, I do think Disney will take hits in the media for this whether the ride proves to have anything to do with it or not. When you think about the sheer number of people who move in and out of WDW on an annual basis, I'm surprised the mortality rate isn't higher.

bassman

wdwishes2005 said:
Universal, I never thought you would sink that low....

:lol:
i dont think that you are far from the truth there wdwishes.

lets look at the facts
mission space opens and becomes the most popular attraction in florida,this lowers universals visitor number dramatically,suspiciously a woman and a boy die after riding it not even 2 years after its opening,universals attendance numbers go up as a result of this. suspicious,hmmmmm?

the hulk coaster universals own creation, has the same start as RnRC only it claims to be more technologically advanced that RnRC (maybe not directly said but you can clearly tell that is what they mean).
now a small boy dies after riding RnRC,right at a time when universals numbers are fairly low.coincidence, i think not.

of course im not accusing universal of anything,i mean i love universal as well as disney,but this all seems a little suspicious too me. i dont know about anyone else

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom