Boy dies after riding Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

Logan5

RocknRollercoaster

Theres a lot of speculation going around...
Was it the kid was it the ride....

But we do know 2 things..

1) rocknrollercoaster has been open now since july 1999

2) in that time one person has died on the ride

Im sorry but its a no brainer, ill be going on the ride the next time i go

**I did always think the coaster portion needed better themeing

But its still a worthwhile distraction

GothMickey

haveyoumetmark said:
That's what Disney says on their website.

But it should be noted... the ride doesn't trravel at the speed of F-14.. they are talking about the launch system for the ride.. it is the same launch system that propels the F-14 off the aircraft carrier...

haveyoumetmark

GothMickey said:
But it should be noted... the ride doesn't trravel at the speed of F-14.. they are talking about the launch system for the ride.. it is the same launch system that propels the F-14 off the aircraft carrier...

Oops, yea, you're right. It's pretty easy to misunderstand though. Sorry. :)

Logan5

wdwishes2005 said:
I really hope you are not serious. More people die in car wrecks on the way to WDW than on RnRC....

Exactly..

But hey some people, god bless em, just cant think for themselves....

Oh well, maybe the rides evil because it plays that "devil Music"

WDWFanatic

Actually it is not the same system as an air craft carrier, they run on steam. RNR is done with linear induction which is a series of magnets the are kicked from positive to negative in an order that it shoots the coaster foward. It is the same system that is used by the people mover, just with alot more muscle. Nasa and the navy now want to use it to propel their aircraft but it is still in the works.

Tom

Beta Return
Having just gotten back from the World, this is kinda creepy to hear. Especially since 4 of our 6 group members rode RnRC last week (editorial comment: all 4 of them walked off of the ride in perfect health. I opted not to ride it after intelligently reading all of the warnings, many of which would directly affect me).

Here's a comment from "Sensitive Tom": My sincere sympathies to the family. It's hard to handle natural death of someone who is ripe in age, but accidental death of a child is the hardest of all. I wish the best for the family during their grieving process. We know nothing about the situation, or the boy's health, so there is absolutly nothing else that can be said factually about this scenario.

Here's a comment from "Insensitive Tom": Of those who sue Disney (or anyone for that matter) in order to heal their emotional wounds - I have no no respect. The only time a lawsuit is justified is when the plaintiff was originally due a sum of money or goods and did not receive them - or if negligence caused the death of a spouse or someone who's continued life would have provided food, clothing and shelter for the living party. In the case of many of these kids dying on rides, neither of the above apply. The kid wasn't supporting the family, nor would the family be owed money in any other way simply because the child was alive. If money heals wounds, then those families have serious issues. Perhaps they'll go buy a nice boat to remember their son or daughter who died on M:S. I guess if money heals the heart, then they should have taken out a better life insurance policy instead of suing Disney for "forcing their kid to ride a dangerous ride". Good grief!

indigo

This is second death on RNRC

Correction: The 2000 incident was just a serious injury.

<a href="http://www.themeparkinsider.com/reviews/disney-mgm_studios/rock_n'_roller_coaster/accidents/">http://www.themeparkinsider.com/reviews/disney-mgm_studios/rock_n'_roller_coaster/accidents/</a>

Timmay

Senderella said:
I'm not sure how accurate this is- maybe someone can shed some light?- but 2 news stories I saw last night are reporting RnRc is comparable to an (I may get this completely wrong because I have no knowledge of military planes) F-14 bomber as far as speed.

Not really...no.

An F-14 is actually a Navy fighter/interceptor that can reach speeds of over Mach 2 (1400 mph) in flight. When it is launched from a carrier, it leaves at enough speed to overcome it's "stall" or "end" speed...usually about 120 to 160 mph.

Timmay

GothMickey said:

No it is not!

Senderella

Timmay said:
Not really...no.

An F-14 is actually a Navy fighter/interceptor that can reach speeds of over Mach 2 (1400 mph) in flight. When it is launched from a carrier, it leaves at enough speed to overcome it's "stall" or "end" speed...usually about 120 to 160 mph.

That's what I was thinking more or less. To get a huge bomber off the ground and into the air... it's gotta be going pretty darn fast. RnRC feels no different (to me) than a normal coaster even with that fast take off. I've never BEEN in an F14, but I don't think the 2 are comparable.

GothMickey

Piebald said:
While working at MGM from managers and CMs alike.

i am not going to doubt it because nothing shocks me.. But, at the same time, don't you think maybe they are getting the spin machine ready????

wdwishes2005 said:
Today a 6 year old died because he fell out of a ferris wheel. I don't see that making national headlines. the sad thing is it wasn't a natural death of a pre-existing condition, yet it is getting no attention...

yeah exactily. its because the carnival people are all on drugs and can not propery assembel or monitor the rides. that makes me so mad. i will never let my kids go to carnivals but i wil lhowever let them go to place like six flags and disney. but even though they meet the height requirements that doesnt mean im going to let them ride. everyone just tries to boycot disney because its a multi-billion dollar company. i am a medical student and i am almost positive that he suffered from a myocardial infarction.

wdwishes2005

Dizneyworld4430 said:
yeah exactily. its because the carnival people are all on drugs and can not propery assembel or monitor the rides. that makes me so mad. i will never let my kids go to carnivals but i wil lhowever let them go to place like six flags and disney. but even though they meet the height requirements that doesnt mean im going to let them ride. everyone just tries to boycot disney because its a multi-billion dollar company. i am a medical student and i am almost positive that he suffered from a myocardial infarction.
I wouldn't say all carnival people are on drugs.... They do get it right most of the time don't they?

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
CNN headline news just said the medical examiners have determined the caue of death as a previously "undiagnosed heart abnormality."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom