boring WDW

andre2000

Original Poster
i recently take one of my friends to WDW and he said it was one of the most boring places he's ever been too!?!? :fork: i think hes just lost it or somethin', i dont know:brick: i know some other people who say the same thing, WHATS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE!?!?:eek: :eek: :hammer: :brick: :zipit:

Pioneer Hall

Re: ................

Originally posted by andre2000
he's bout 20, why do his hobbies matter?:confused:

Because certain things to certain people are different. Just because you or me enjoy Disney doesn't mean others will. Their hobbies can describe what kind of person that person is and sort of explain why they may not like WDW.

TURKEY

I'm 21 and WDW can get boring especially if you are a thrill seeker. There just isn't a lot of thrill rides at WDW.

wannabeBelle

I agree. I have several friends and relatives that just arent into Disney. I have finally accepted that not everyone will love Disney the way I do!!! We are a small yet distinguished group, we are the dreamers and the children of the future. I know I still love make believe and happily ever afters..... and frequent thinking "out of the box" Maybe these are some traits in us Disney Junkies. Whatcha think everyone?? belle

Becky

Belle, you have done it again:D You have the true Walt Disney sprit. :cool:

I believe it was you who wrote the line from the "Santa Clause", "Seeing is not believing, believing is seeing."

Maybe someday "they" will believe and then they will see what we see.:)

imagineerfan

Sometimes my friends say to me, "why would you want to go back to the same place year after year? Once you have seen it once there is no need to go back.":hammer: I try to explain it to them, but it never works. Unfortunetly they don't understand my desire to keep going back. :(
Oh well, they haven't stopped me yet and I don't plan on stoppin.:)

hellokitty1

YEAH I have a friend who kids now get this
we are talking 11 and 8 yr olds that said
"oh mom we dont want to go to disneyworld, it is for
little kids. And we hate all that walking. dont make us go!!"
:hammer:
oh my i would die if my kids said that
we love disney

Testtrack321

Were an elite group of people who enjoy watching kids and adults enjoy Disney for the first time, over and over again.

Some people HATE Disney, it's fine with me. I know some and we're still friends.

Michael72688

Maybe these people have come into the 21 century, where we like Good, Big, Extreme Rides, now I'm not saying that I hate Disney, cause I dont, I love it, but come on look at some of the other parks just in Orlando, or Tampa, and you got some good rides!!!

Testtrack321

Originally posted by Michael72688
Maybe these people have come into the 21 century, where we like Good, Big, Extreme Rides, now I'm not saying that I hate Disney, cause I dont, I love it, but come on look at some of the other parks just in Orlando, or Tampa, and you got some good rides!!!

Or Cedar Point. But is it Disney? NOPE. IoA, a good park, has serious flaws in it.

BTW, what happened to your ToD signature? You had some wording problems, but everything else is good.

Yellow Shoes

Sometimes my friends say to me, "why would you want to go back to the same place year after year? Once you have seen it once there is no need to go back."

Lots of people go to the same vacation spot year after year. That is the theory behind traditional time shares, which lock you into not only the place, but the date of your vacation.

Look at the Bush family--every summer in Kennebunkport, Maine.

Some people use their vacation time for hunting.

We just prefer to spend our time and $ at WDW. This, IMHO, makes us truly special creatures.

:king:

wannabeBelle

Nope no Santa Clause line from me, although I LOVE that movie. Tim Allen was awesome. I still have to get around to seeing Santa Clause II. I just know what it is to be sprinkled with Fairy Dust and to want to believe that Tink can really fly and to lose yourself and your stresses in a perfect world of make believe. That is all the vacation I ever need!! Belle

helliker

I'm 21 and I think WDW is exciting. I guess you could probably get bored of it eventually, but I've only been twice (I'm leaving for my 3rd time in 2 weeks!) so I wouldn't know. I do definitely appreciate the few thrill rides Disney does have, but I also like the slower rides. For one I grew up watching Disney movies and the movies themed rides bring back happy childhood memories. Also I'm a total geek and fully appreciate the pure technological muscle that Disney demonstrates. I find the rides fascinating and always like to try to see if I can figure out how the rides work. Of course I like reading about the technical details of the rides online too. I can't see how it can be totally boring. Disney spends millions of dollars, pays 100's of artists and engineers who work 1000's of hours for a single attraction simply to entertain you (and so they can make money :D).

jrashadb

Originally posted by helliker
I'm 21 and I think WDW is exciting. I guess you could probably get bored of it eventually, but I've only been twice (I'm leaving for my 3rd time in 2 weeks!) so I wouldn't know. I do definitely appreciate the few thrill rides Disney does have, but I also like the slower rides. For one I grew up watching Disney movies and the movies themed rides bring back happy childhood memories. Also I'm a total geek and fully appreciate the pure technological muscle that Disney demonstrates. I find the rides fascinating and always like to try to see if I can figure out how the rides work. Of course I like reading about the technical details of the rides online too. I can't see how it can be totally boring. Disney spends millions of dollars, pays 100's of artists and engineers who work 1000's of hours for a single attraction simply to entertain you (and so they can make money :D).

Yeah... see, that's the thing... you don't get tired of it.
I'm 24 and I, like many people here, have been to WDW an embarassingly high number of times. And it never gets old...
A few months ago, I was walking into Epcot to watch the fireworks. As I strolled under SE, I heard a voice say something like, "You're too happy!" I turned and saw a smiling CM and realized I had this big goofy grin on my face.
I don't get goofy grins -- ever -- in real life. But, I do when I go to WDW.
So, I know I'll never get bored with any of the parks... and, I've had ample opportunity to.

Rogue21

BoringWDW??

Ahh, kids these days. :)

At the ripe old age of 40, I still enjoy WDW. Granted, it's not a mecca for thrill seekers and extreme coaster fans. (Which I still love!) But, it's more than that -- it's the atmosphere, the shows, the wonder and awe. It's a total package.

Not everyone will enjoy it -- and as much as we all try to get them to come around to our way of thinking, it just doesn't happen. So, we accept their quirks. As, in their opinion, they accept ours.

Diversity is what makes life interesting.

Erika

Originally posted by Michael72688

The point of Disney for me, and for some other people, is that it is above all that. Disney is not about being "extreme" -it is about fantasy, and education, and, most importantly, Family! :sohappy:

If I'm looking for a few cheap thrills I can go to Six Flags. But to be honest, I haven't been there since the summer I graduated from high school (95). I have been to Disney 3 times since then. Six Flags= 1 hr drive; WDW= 2 hr flight

dreamer

I know people I would never want to go to DW with. They have no imagination or child-like-ness.

Unfortunately, I have too much.

:sohappy: :p :sohappy: :lol: :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom