boring WDW

figmentmom

BORED at Disney?!? I could never be bored - the place is just so magic and special for me that it's as much fun each return trip as it was the first time!

My husband, however, fails to see the charm of experiencing PoC six times in a row when there's no line - and that's why I make a solo trip every year without him (dearly as I love him!):)

Michael72688

Originally posted by Testtrack321
Or Cedar Point. But is it Disney? NOPE. IoA, a good park, has serious flaws in it.

BTW, what happened to your ToD signature? You had some wording problems, but everything else is good.

got sick of it, so I decied to show some school spirit!!!! :D

Cheryl

We get the same question asked of us "Why do you repeatedly go down to DisneyWorld?" and it's usually from my SIL who has no intention of every going down to Disney. She'll talk bad about it and won't buy anything Disney unless her daughter absolutely HAS to have it! Or we have my BIL who won't take his 6 year old son to Disney b/c he doesn't think that he'll appreciate or remember it at all. What are these people thinking?:brick: :hammer:

First, Disney keeps everyone young at heart!:) They come out with some of the best movies that I've ever seen. I personally can't wait to see Santa Clause 2! It looks hilarious!:lol:

Secondly, watching your child in the wonder of Disney is one of the most gratifying things you could do in your lifetime. My son is a very charasmatic little boy but his heart just glows when he's in DisneyWorld.

Thirdly, It is such a relaxing place where kids are allowed to be kids and adults don't have to act like adults (well, unless you're drinking:lol:). I mean what's better than eating with Mickey Mouse, Cinderella, Pooh Bear and Donald Duck?:veryconfu

I think anyone who flatly do not wish to go to Disney have a few rocks in their heads! It's a great place to be with family!:)

prberk

Well, mostly people who come expecting thrill rides are disappointed. But I also know that many people who come expecting a full-blown AMUSEMENT park (versus the THEME parks and overall RESORT that WDW is) often come out amazed in other ways.

Truth for me, though, is that most of the people who found it "boring" were kids that I knew to be spoiled. I am a youth worker at my church, and often on my trips with family and friends I have had the opportunity to bring a youth group member who may be less fortunate. They seem to appreciate it much more than the ones who are used to getting what they want. (And I don't mean "appreciate the gift;" I mean "appreciate the resort/parks.")

cymbaldiva

Disney...Boring??? :veryconfu

I think not! If anything, there's just toooooo much to do! I end up a bit stressed 'cause I'm afraid I'll miss something! :)

Disney Junkie Alert!!Ok dont come too close to me,according to bells standards i am a severe disney junkie.maybe ur friend should go have a very serious conversation with mickey and that should bring the magic back out

DisneyPhD

We often get the dreaded quesiton, "why do you keep going back every year? Isn't it boring after a while?" You know when they ask that they just don't get it. That is fine, chances are they do other things "I don't get."

I think Ceader Point is boirng. We live one hour away and go every once in a while over the summer if we need a little break. I don't mind trill rides, but they aren't worth the line and with out the rides, CP is boring. No magic, no imagination, no childhood for everyone, just long lines and roller costers. Like I said, I don't mind them , I will ride every one again and again, but I won't go our of my way to do it.

I think, dream and plan my annual trip to WDW all year. I look forward to sharing the magic with my DD as she grows and can't to see the look on her face our next trip.

wannabeBelle

I agree 100% with you Hook!!!! and as far as being a severe junkie, Imagineergurl, dont worry I am right there with ya!!! Belle

goofyman

Originally posted by wannabeBelle
I agree. I have several friends and relatives that just arent into Disney. I have finally accepted that not everyone will love Disney the way I do!!! We are a small yet distinguished group, we are the dreamers and the children of the future. I know I still love make believe and happily ever afters..... and frequent thinking "out of the box" Maybe these are some traits in us Disney Junkies. Whatcha think everyone?? belle

Belle, Great thoughts, I also have come to except that there are many different people and they have many different likes and dislikes. although, the more of a Disney junkie I become, the more I see that there are alot more of us out there than one would think. After buying my DVC my wife even said "we are not going evry year are we?" I to keep the peace of course I said "No" we will trade it for other places.Well guess who just yesterday asked to go back in the next month or so after just being there 2 months ago. To me that is the POWER of WDW. Yeah six flaggs is in driving distance to me and all the thrill rides. But, That's it! NO MAGIC. (I could just walk around the parts and never go on a ride). Once every few years of that and the type of crowd that is there is enough for me. I'll take the busiest week of the year and and a Disney crowd any time!:sohappy:

wannabeBelle

I am right there with ya Goofyman, Now I just have to find a sweet romantic single Prince who digs Disney also!!!! I cant imagine going out with or getting married to someone who cant deal with my Mouse fetish!! Actually it is more like a Princess fetish for me. I am a die hard romantic at heart. The Princess segment of Fantasmic! is my favorite!!! Specially as I have a real thing for the Beast!! Belle

MrPromey

All “magic” aside, people who have never been don’t seem to understand what all there is to WDW. I think when you say Disney World to a person who has never made the trip their mind automatically warps to a big castle and a bunch of people running around in furry suits. I have a friend from Canada who I was talking to a few years back and she said that she wasn’t into “being chased around by big furry things”. I sort of laughed at the comment thinking about how people wait in line to meet the big furry things.

If you have never been, you may not understand how many diverse things there actually are to do there. I mean, you have the four parks; you have at least one Las Vegas style show, you have night clubs; you have golf; you have tennis; you have fishing; you have spas; you have water parks; you have horse riding; you have boating – the list goes on and on and I’m only talking about the year-round stuff. You could spend weeks in WDW and not even go to a park and I think that truth totally escapes most people. They all think of just ONE park when you say Walt Disney World.

Heck, I’ve been going my entire life and I still haven’t come close to doing everything there is to do there. I think going to Disney COULD be boring if you were to go with someone who has totally different interests than you and you were forced to spend the entire time doing things that they want to but I don’t see how even in that situation, anyone could blame being bored on Disney.

Eight reasons why people don't like Disney:

1) They stay at "el Sleazo motel" to save a few bucks and are disgusted at all the neon and traffic.
2) They go over a holiday weekend or in the peak summer period
3) They arrive at noon, see really long lines, and simmer
4) They don't understand Fastpass, and they wait 2 hours for Space Mountain.
5) They think Space Mountain will be a thrill ride like a mega Six Flags coaster, and ignore the theming and just look for the thrills.
6) They will ignore everything at WDW except the rides in the parks.
7) They do things that are not age-appropriate or appropriate for their interests (i.e. ride "it's a small world" with their 11 year old while missing "Cranium Command")
8) They haven't learned about all there really is to do there.

My advice? Put a copy of the "Unofficial Guide" in their hands, and force them to read it. The authors are not "rah-rah" Disney, (some would argue they're the exact opposite). The sarcastic tone may draw in non-Disney fans. Then the book's reviews will hopefully get them to at least use some common sense (go at a non-peak time, arrive early, and use Fastpass).

Not everyone is a Disney freak, but there is something for just about everyone at Disney.

cymbaldiva

Decent thought, I suppose - list was pretty kewl...:cool:

I personally, however, would not force anyone to read (or do for that matter) anything that they didn't want to.

I'm with Hook on this one - if some don't like Disney, okay. Just makes shorter lines for me! :lol:

Nansafan

Originally posted by wannabeBelle
I am right there with ya Goofyman, Now I just have to find a sweet romantic single Prince who digs Disney also!!!! I cant imagine going out with or getting married to someone who cant deal with my Mouse fetish!! Actually it is more like a Princess fetish for me. I am a die hard romantic at heart. The Princess segment of Fantasmic! is my favorite!!! Specially as I have a real thing for the Beast!! Belle
Belle, I think you should meet my brother. He is 39, a computer programmer for a college and a major Disney guy. He has visited WDW at least once (usually 2-3) a year since 1993. He's been a member of the Disney Club since 1995 (very disappointed the club is ending) a Premium Annual Pass holder and owns stock in the corporation. We are all Disney freaks in our family but he is the biggest. BTW we'll be there from 12/26-12/31.

Disney is a lifestyle and I'm totally a part of the program.

wannabeBelle

Hi Nan, I Am 37 and a systems testing and procedures person for an insurance company here in NY. I am a Disney fan , my Mom can get into it, but the rest of my family not so much. They dont actively dislike it, they just probably wouldnt go more than once every few years!! I Am also an AP holder. Gee sounds like me and your family have quit a bit in common!!! If he'd like tell your brother to E mail me at the address on my profile!! Belle

Michael72688

Originally posted by DisneyPhD
We often get the dreaded quesiton, "why do you keep going back every year? Isn't it boring after a while?" You know when they ask that they just don't get it. That is fine, chances are they do other things "I don't get."

I think Ceader Point is boirng. We live one hour away and go every once in a while over the summer if we need a little break. I don't mind trill rides, but they aren't worth the line and with out the rides, CP is boring. No magic, no imagination, no childhood for everyone, just long lines and roller costers. Like I said, I don't mind them , I will ride every one again and again, but I won't go our of my way to do it.

I think, dream and plan my annual trip to WDW all year. I look forward to sharing the magic with my DD as she grows and can't to see the look on her face our next trip.

The thing is Cedar Pointe is an Amusement Park, not a theme park, amusement parks are better, but theme parks have more themeing!!! :hammer:

DisneyPhD

Originally posted by Michael72688
The thing is Cedar Pointe is an Amusement Park, not a theme park, amusement parks are better, but theme parks have more themeing!!! :hammer:

Hence what this arugement is about. Most of the WDW fans here find themeing the most important, even in their thrill rides. Better is a matter of opinon, what is most important to you.

Mr Promy, as always well said. 447, great points I loved the list. I think you are right. Once again if you don't like it, more room for us who love it.

Nan and Belle, do I hear love in the air?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom