Boo to you and you and Whew... It’s too hot for a Halloween parade - A September TR

Hello friends and welcome to my September Trip Report! I’ve only been home a few weeks and I already miss Walt Disney World like crazy! I’m already going through withdrawals and searching for the possibility of any excuse to get back down to central Florida and to my favorite place on earth. Realistically, I’m thinking February or March 2013, but I would love to squeeze a trip in between now and then... Anyway, my last two Disney trips have been one extreme to the other - weather wise. I absolutely froze in December of 2010 and turned right around and melted in September 2011. But you know what? I LOVED every minute of it!

Click here to read my December 2010 trip report

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=718898

Now, on to the details of this trip...

When did we go? September 15-25, 2011
Where did we stay? Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House
How did we get there? We drove 8 and 1/2 hours
Who all went? Just me and my beautiful bride
Why did we go? Our 3 Year Anniversary! (Not that we need a reason to go to WDW)
Any other details to offer up? We had 9 day park hoppers and were on the dining plan

I started planning this trip before we even went on our December trip! Talk about excitement! Planning and thinking about two Disney trips at the same time was awesome!! Of course, with every trip to the World, our plans changed many times... but here is my pre trip report/itinerary so you can see what I planned and compare it to what we actually did.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=733892

We actually stuck to our plans, for the most part, at least until the end of the week. I was proud.

Ok, I stated earlier that on this particular trip, it was just me and my wife. Here we are...
First up, we have myself, Jon. Tar Heel born and Tar Heel bred. The planner and over the top WDW fanatic.

DSCF4369.jpg

Next we have my better half, my gorgeous bride, Brittany. The WDW veteran who loves Disney but doesn’t obsess about it 24/7 like her hubby...

DSCF4368.jpg

Man, she’s hot!!

Anyway, we had been looking forward to this trip for a long time for many different reasons. Since we walked out of EPCOT on that last night in December, we had been longing to get back! I was so pumped that I packed like a week before our trip! I NEVER do that. I’m normally a last minute packer. I was so excited because, yes, I love WDW, but also this trip was going to allow us to experience a lot of firsts. This trip would be our first trip with “just us”; this trip would be our first staying at a deluxe Disney resort; and this trip would be our first time being on the Disney Dining Plan! Wooo Hooo! We were excited! So excited, in fact, that I was up at the crack of dawn 180 days before our check in date to schedule ADRs! Needless to say, we got all the restaurants and times that we wanted. Our departure day couldn’t come fast enough!

Thursday September 15, 2011

This day started like any other day. I got up, did my normal morning routine, and was ready to go to work. The only difference (besides my heart racing from excitement and anticipation) was the fact that we were leaving for vacation in just a few hours...
Having packed a week early and having stayed on Brittany to make sure all of her packing was finished on Wednesday night to avoid feeling rushed or stressed on Thursday morning, we were all set to go the second I got home from work around noon. As I left for work that morning, this was the sight I saw as I headed out the door...

IMG_0799.jpg

The time crept by at work that morning as it seemed to take forever for lunchtime to come. I was like a kid on Christmas Eve... Finally, it was 12:00 and it was time to start our journey! I flew out of the office and minutes later into my driveway. I ran through the door, changed clothes, and finished packing everything into our Jeep Grand Cherokee. Brittany had most of our stuff loaded up already. God bless her! We jumped in the Jeep and were ready to roll! Brittany wanted to drive because she said she had an anniversary surprise for me... I went along with it.
Our traditional in the vehicle, pre-departure photo...

DSCF4287.jpg

We were on our way! Brittany immediately handed me a thick envelope and told me to open it. When I did, I found a letter and a CD. The letter got mushy (I’ll spare you guys the details...) and instructed me to put the CD in. Each song on the CD had a special meaning which she explained in detail in my letter. It was the sweetest thing EVER. I love my girl! When we had listened to all of the songs, we pulled off the interstate and swung into a Chick-fil-a to grab a quite bite and got right back on the road. Now, it was my turn to take the wheel... and I had it for the rest of the trip.

77 South...

IMG_0800.jpg

I don’t mind road trips. They are fun for me. I think the anticipation makes my excitement grow higher and higher as I near my destination.
We were making great time! I was only stopping if we had to - for gas, food or bathroom and I had packed a couple of empty water jugs. Just kidding about that last part. For the next several hours, I looked like this...

IMG_0801.jpg

And Brittany looked like this...

IMG_0802.jpg

Typical. You get this woman in a moving automobile, and she instantly transforms into an infant. She was out, so I listened to a couple episodes of WDW Today and the Be Our Guest Podcast and of course I had to pop in The Eagles - Hell Freezes Over album. Britt doesn’t like The Eagles, so I have to take advantage of her slumber when I can...
It was around 7:30pm or so when we both started to get pretty hungry. I spotted a sign for our favorite road trip restaurant at the next exit, so we pulled off, fueled up, and filled our bellies...

IMG_0806.jpg

Love some Cracker Barrel!

We got back on the road and only had a couple more hours of driving ahead of us for the night until we reached our first destination.
Weeks before I had booked a room for $71 at the Holiday Inn Express in Orange City, Florida, which is only about an hour from Walt Disney World. Our plan was to stop there for the night, get up early the next morning, and have just a short drive to WDW so we wouldn’t feel like we were wasting a day of our precious vacation! The more time in the parks, the better, right?!? We pulled in to the parking lot of the Holiday Inn Express at exactly 9:30pm.

IMG_0808.jpg

It had been a long day and we were tired (although I don’t know how Britt was tired considering she slept 90% of the drive), but I still had trouble sleeping because of the excitement of knowing that in the morning we would be at Disney World! I went to the restroom and when I came out, Britt was out again already. After catching a few highlights on SportsCenter, I finally drifted off to sleep...

MEyeSeeKayEY

Original Poster
Sunday September 25, 2011

We got up early, since we had a long drive ahead of us, and took our luggage down to the Jeep and loaded it up. We headed back inside the fabulous Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House one last time for a walk through the lobby to let the front desk know we were checking out. After a quick visit to the gift shop, we headed down to the Mara restaurant to use our last counter services credits for the week for some breakfast before we hit the road. Britt and I both got a bacon, egg and cheese croissants, which were delicious...

IMG_1130.jpg

After breakfast, it was time to go, so we headed out of AKL and to the Jeep.

DSCF4318.jpg

Then we were off... :cry:

9 hours later, we were back at home and back to reality. We missed home, but there is no place like Walt Disney World. We are already trying to plan our next trip to the most magical place on earth!

THE END

Thank you all for stopping by, reading this report and allowing me to share my vacation and memories with you. God bless.

MEyeSeeKayEY

Original Poster
Here are a few of the souvenirs I picked up on our trip...

IMG_1177.jpg

Some Christmas ornaments...

IMG_1179.jpg

My pin collection (small but just getting started)...

IMG_1176.jpg

And finally, my FastPass collection...

IMG_1178.jpg

ArtieJim

Awesome TR. Love the fast pass collection, my gf and I are hoping to do the same when we get down there in a few weeks.

plaz10

Really great report! Disney is the most magical place for couples. I feel like my fiance and I's love truly blossoms even more in Disney. Magic!

The pic of Splash Mountain in the day w/no people/logs in it = WIN. It's now the new background on my office computer, so thank you! :D

I really like the idea of the FP collection. And since its using an old ticket it's not like you're wasting a FP. I actually have a Space Mountain FP (legit) that must have got lost in the shuffle because we found it in a suitcase a few days after we got home. It's my favorite book mark. I think I'll have to get some of these FPs on my next trip. Thanks for the idea!

Again - awesome report! Good job!

rjhall2

Thanks for the awesome report! It makes me get really excited for my next trip to the world, and my first MNSSP next year! Very entertaining, and some really great pics! Glad you guys had a magical time!

93boomer

Premium Member
Ohhh you just made me cry!! I know exactly that feeling after you leave the final park that last day! We don't talk going back on the bus. I am afraid I would end up crying and embarrassing myself! I also get sad heading back on I-4 towards NC the final morning. That trip home is the longest ever.
Have enjoyed your trip report immensely and will miss looking at it every day to see what you guys did next. Can't wait for the next one you guys take next!! Have a wonderful holiday season!! :xmas: Go ASU! Yeah, I went there!:ROFLOL:

MEyeSeeKayEY

Original Poster
Awesome TR. Love the fast pass collection, my gf and I are hoping to do the same when we get down there in a few weeks.

Thank you!

Really great report! Disney is the most magical place for couples. I feel like my fiance and I's love truly blossoms even more in Disney. Magic!
The pic of Splash Mountain in the day w/no people/logs in it = WIN. It's now the new background on my office computer, so thank you! :D
I really like the idea of the FP collection. And since its using an old ticket it's not like you're wasting a FP. I actually have a Space Mountain FP (legit) that must have got lost in the shuffle because we found it in a suitcase a few days after we got home. It's my favorite book mark. I think I'll have to get some of these FPs on my next trip. Thanks for the idea!
Again - awesome report! Good job!

Thanks and I agree! Which Splash pic did you use? Post it...
I usually use my Key to the World from a previous trip to get FastPasses for my collection.

I hate that last day...but loved your last installments! Ha!! I see your picture^^^ got hijacked! I love it when that happens! Funny!

I hate the last day too. Thanks! Yeah, it happens... lol

Thanks for the awesome report! It makes me get really excited for my next trip to the world, and my first MNSSP next year! Very entertaining, and some really great pics! Glad you guys had a magical time!

Thank you so mcuh! Have a great time on your trip!

Ohhh you just made me cry!! I know exactly that feeling after you leave the final park that last day! We don't talk going back on the bus. I am afraid I would end up crying and embarrassing myself! I also get sad heading back on I-4 towards NC the final morning. That trip home is the longest ever.
Have enjoyed your trip report immensely and will miss looking at it every day to see what you guys did next. Can't wait for the next one you guys take next!! Have a wonderful holiday season!! :xmas: Go ASU! Yeah, I went there!:ROFLOL:

Awww... Thank you so much for your kind words!

Great report and awesome pictures!
Thanks!

Thanks and thanks for reading!

Fantastic report. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks and you're welcome!

Awww! I hate that your report is over! I really enjoyed reading it. It has gotten me so excited for our upcoming trip that is just me and my husband. We've always gone with either our son or in-laws, so seeing just you and Brittany navigate the parks really has me pumped about just my husband and I having our shot at it!
Your pictures were great, some of them were truly stunning! Thanks for sharing your vacation with us!

disneygirl1

AMAZING report! Just read it from start to finish!!! Looks like you both had a GREAT anniversary trip to Disney! Like you I LOVE AKL Jambo house too! We stayed there last December and quickly fell in love with it! If it was up to my DS we would be staying there after our cruise in May, but I am on a mission to stay at as many Disney resorts as I can, so this trip we are staying at the Boardwalk!!! Figured since we are only there for a few days and Epcot and DHS is where we will spend a majority of our time, we might as well stay at a resort that we can walk to those parks!

I love the boo to you parade and hallowishes too! Definitely my favorites!

So when are you planning on heading back to the World?

MEyeSeeKayEY

Original Poster
Awww! I hate that your report is over! I really enjoyed reading it. It has gotten me so excited for our upcoming trip that is just me and my husband. We've always gone with either our son or in-laws, so seeing just you and Brittany navigate the parks really has me pumped about just my husband and I having our shot at it!
Your pictures were great, some of them were truly stunning! Thanks for sharing your vacation with us!

I hate that it's over, too! I guess that just means I need to go back soon so I can start another report! :animwink:

AMAZING report! Just read it from start to finish!!! Looks like you both had a GREAT anniversary trip to Disney! Like you I LOVE AKL Jambo house too! We stayed there last December and quickly fell in love with it! If it was up to my DS we would be staying there after our cruise in May, but I am on a mission to stay at as many Disney resorts as I can, so this trip we are staying at the Boardwalk!!! Figured since we are only there for a few days and Epcot and DHS is where we will spend a majority of our time, we might as well stay at a resort that we can walk to those parks!
I love the boo to you parade and hallowishes too! Definitely my favorites!
So when are you planning on heading back to the World?

Thank you so much for reading! Glad you enjoyed it.
We probably won't make it back to the world until sometime in 2013, unfortunately... but who knows? :(

PolynesianPrincess

Great report!! Definitely sounds like an amazing anniversary!! And the pics of WS are great!

I love the AKL shirt you got and we bought the 2011 Christmas bulb when we were there a few weeks ago! YAY for Disney Christmas ornaments.. I think they are slowly starting to outnumber any other ornaments we have on our tree, but that's not a bad thing.

Thanks so much for sharing!! :)

MEyeSeeKayEY

Original Poster
Great report!! Definitely sounds like an amazing anniversary!! And the pics of WS are great!

I love the AKL shirt you got and we bought the 2011 Christmas bulb when we were there a few weeks ago! YAY for Disney Christmas ornaments.. I think they are slowly starting to outnumber any other ornaments we have on our tree, but that's not a bad thing.

Thanks so much for sharing!! :)

Thank you!!
We love Disney Christmas ornaments!!
Thanks for reading!

Disneyfalcon

I finally finished! I laughed out loud at your fastpass collection! Hilarious!

I am so glad you had a great trip!

I hate that last night too.:cry:

Great report and pictures! Thanks for taking the time and writing it all!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom