Bon Voyage Toontown Fair

MKCP 1985

Today is the last day of Mickey's Toontown Fair?

Well, goodbye, then!

Looking forward to the changes 2012 will bring the area.

I've never seen so much hoopla over a couple prop/set houses to nothing. Might as well lament the closing of a queue. :veryconfu

darthspielberg

Wonder what they are going to do the first time a clown scares a little kid and then the parents sue Disney for scaring their kid?:rolleyes: Just seems like they should spare everyone the redu and get a better idea before they dump a bunch of money into something that is not going to be as loved as they think it will be.

I highly doubt clowns will play much of a role in Circusland. You can have a circus without Clowns or at least the kind of clowns we known today. I imagine if they went with clown characters or elements, they'd be more in line with say...Cirque Du Soile than your average Ringling Bros. variety.

Although it's easy to make a clown not as scary. Circular shapes in the makeup. No Triangles or sharp edges. Jagged or sharp edges elicit the feeling of a threat. Make everything softer and the perceived threat is way less. Some people will still not like it, but it won't cause instant fear in people who don't already have it. (My clown knowledge comes from the fact that I play an intentionally scary clown at a theme park in October. To be scary you have to know how to be NOT scary.)

I don't think Clowns should play a part though, unless it's Goofy or Donald in a clown outfit with now makeup (which would be amusing, to say the least)

jt04

I highly doubt clowns will play much of a role in Circusland. You can have a circus without Clowns or at least the kind of clowns we known today. I imagine if they went with clown characters or elements, they'd be more in line with say...Cirque Du Soile than your average Ringling Bros. variety.

Although it's easy to make a clown not as scary. Circular shapes in the makeup. No Triangles or sharp edges. Jagged or sharp edges elicit the feeling of a threat. Make everything softer and the perceived threat is way less. Some people will still not like it, but it won't cause instant fear in people who don't already have it. (My clown knowledge comes from the fact that I play an intentionally scary clown at a theme park in October. To be scary you have to know how to be NOT scary.)

I don't think Clowns should play a part though, unless it's Goofy or Donald in a clown outfit with now makeup (which would be amusing, to say the least)

See what they have reduced us to.

kidding

sort of

Disney Rocks

dsc03479g.jpg

Courtesy of Orlando Theme Park News

CaptJapan

Should have just kept the tents drawn.
They aren't going anywhere and unfortunately we'll still be able to see those ugly things from anywhere in Fantasyland.

rustysgirl

Interesting note, though, when I was there in January, I stupidly leaned forward to see if I could see the front of Mickey's TV in his house...some alarmed started beeping like crazy, and I froze. WHo knew Mick had home security!! :lol:[/QUOTE]

OMG i was there in November and that happened when i was in that very spot. i didn't lean but i guess someone else did. it was loud & everybody was just kinda like what the heck?? haha didnt know it ever did that though. i guess they wanted to scare people away from trying to climb over the rail or something to go play in mickeys living room :lol:

BriEcho3194

Mickey's Toontown Fair...I will miss you! but SEE YA! lol Sad to see a land go but we are getting a brand new thing in it's place....MORE TENTS! YAY! and Dumbo X2 lol But still I am going to miss it Bye Toontown!

MKCP 1985

Should have just kept the tents drawn.
They aren't going anywhere and unfortunately we'll still be able to see those ugly things from anywhere in Fantasyland.

I recall being in L.A. during the time Space Mountain was down for its extensive renovations and seeing a Disneyland park map that omitted the building, if I recall correctly.

Probably better to remove them from the drawings since they aren't open and it would just be confusing to people trying to access them to see what might be inside by following the map.

chargerag

Interesting note, though, when I was there in January, I stupidly leaned forward to see if I could see the front of Mickey's TV in his house...some alarmed started beeping like crazy, and I froze. WHo knew Mick had home security!! :lol:

OMG i was there in November and that happened when i was in that very spot. i didn't lean but i guess someone else did. it was loud & everybody was just kinda like what the heck?? haha didnt know it ever did that though. i guess they wanted to scare people away from trying to climb over the rail or something to go play in mickeys living room :lol:[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago. Seems like a poor design if it is happening to that many people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom