Bon Voyage Toontown Fair

grimghost999

Original Poster
As we come down to the final days of Toontown Fair, we look at the best of what was there and look at what's to come in the Fantasyland Expansion.

What will you remember most about Toontown Fair or any land before that (Birthdayland, Starland, ect.) and what are you most looking forward to in the expantion?

bgraham34

My fondest memories go back to Birthday land. I can hear the sing from the train in my head. That always had a special place in my heart.

Ignohippo

Definitely going to miss Mickey and Minnie's houses, as well as the opportunity to see many characters at the same time without waiting in a bunch of different lines.

I've been there a couple of times where my 5 year old son was the only one there to meet the Princesses and they spent an enormous amount of time with him. Definitely experiences we'll never forget.

I'm REALLY hating the idea of "CircusLand" - especially since the tents are the worst thing about the area now. I'm looking forward to an area that doesn't get so jammed with people but really think there are much better ways to use the land. It seems like they're getting rid of the best things about the area and keeping the worst.

Captain Neo

I've always hated this "land" especially when compared to Disneyland's toontown which actually has its own rides like Roger Rabbit, Gadget's Go Coaster and the trolley cars.

jt04

I've always hated this "land" especially when compared to Disneyland's toontown which actually has its own rides like Roger Rabbit, Gadget's Go Coaster and the trolley cars.

Ditto. I have nothing positive to say about this "land". And Circusland needs to be an extreme makeover and not just a reimagining IMO. It needs to be worthy of a Disney park.

Disney Rocks

I will miss the houses, I just wish we got a better replacement than an extra Dumbo and a thin overlay of the tents and Barnstormer. Toontown will be gone tomorrow. R.I.P.

Disneygal1

The houses, those are the only true things I will miss. Out with the old, and in with new. I'm sure that the expanded fantasyland will be awesome, and make toontown look like a joke. No offense to the toontown lovers, but toontown was getting a tad bit worn out.

PeoplemoverTTA

I remember going to WDW when I was 10 and being enthralled with Mickey's "Birthdayland." I specifically remember watching a show where Minnie was baking a cake for Mickey's birthday. Very random, but great memories :)

Disneykidder

Agree...really going to miss the houses...especially Mickey's mailbox!! I agree about good memories of the character areas...very convienient and we have also had some special times there. (personal time, too) The store that lead to the characters was a really good one, too.

grimghost999

Original Poster
honestly, I feel sad that it's closing. Last time I went, I didn't do ANYTHING there except Barnstormer. I should've gone through the houses one last time

NewfieFan

67rrex.jpg

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I miss Birthdayland.

I'll never forget that show, and that tune they sang about 50 times in the show...

"Mickey Mouse, he's our hero, Mickey Mouse..."

PurpleRose

The mailboxes. I love the mailboxes. And Donald's boat.

I am most looking forward Belle's village. I think that's going to look amazing.

darthspielberg

My strongest memory was of when it was Mickey's Starland, I believe. and I was on a slide in a playground area, and I didn't realize that a kid just a few years younger than me was still at the bottom, so I zipped down and kicked him off. I felt like a huge jerk.

I also remember a show that you could see with characters from Disney afternoon television shows that was hosted by Mickey. That was neat for 6 year old me.

NiarrNDisney

I remember my father getting back from the Gulf War and taking me to WDW for a Father and son trip. I liked Darkwing Duck so my father found out from a CM that he was in a show and there was a M&G located in ToonTown Fair so we headed over and I got my autograph after the show. Needless to say I was beyond excited, Dad was super cool for finding him, and it was a great memory for my father and I to share in one of our favorite places.

flavious27

Toontown fair was only useful to me when I went in 94, I liked the detail that was put into the houses. It is said to see a land go away, I hope that the houses show up somewhere else in the near future.

Thrill Seeker

The Season 5 Premiere episode of The Thrill Seekers will feature a tour of Toontown Fair, a ride on Goofy's Barnstormer and a ride on Snow White's Scary Adventures just for kicks. Look for that in the coming weeks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom