BOG FP+ Now "Open" To All Onsite Guests?!!? WDWMagic says yes, but Disney says no.

Tinkerbella16

Its not an April Fools joke. I tried for my friend yesterday since I planned her whole trip. She gave me her MDE log-in username and password and I logged it into the BOG Lunch FP link and was able to easily score them fp's for lunch for April 28th. You pick between 2 times and you may or may not order your food right then and there. I did not order for them, just reserved a fp.

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
Maybe I'm confused, and I'm not trying to be rude to you or WDW Magic (I love this site) but isn't this site- as stated under the logo- an "Unofficial Walt Disney World Fan Site"? Therefore as much as the great and mostly up to date and correct info there is here, it's not official? Only the actual Walt Disney World websites and CM's can really confirm?

I had thought that the BOG FP+ was random- but the people who had done it shared the information, therefore non-invited people were then trying it and found they could book too? Since all WDW were sending was a link to the website, not a special/unique entry code or anything?

I've never read any information posted under "news" on WDWMagic before (the website, not the forum section) that was incorrect (or at least hyperbolic), until now. Perhaps they are suffering from their own success, because I have come to trust what I read on this site (again, the site, not the forums) more than what Disney itself says. Their information has historically been extremely accurate, and often comes ahead of Disney's "official" announcements.

In this case, clearly, not all onsite guests are able to make BOG FP+ -- there is still some pre-selection process, or some time window, that is limiting them. I am an onsite guest. I am properly registered and the BOG lunch FP+ recognizes my confirmation numbers and MME account information. I could not have 'missed' a time window, as I check the BOG lunch FP+ site multiple times per day and have done so for more than a month, so clearly there's something stopping me from access (and WDW still says the preselection is random and limited). I'm just hoping that in a couple of days when I'm 30 days from arrival, something will happen.

I know you're not being rude and I take no offense to your post! The only thing that annoys me is all the people who sniff and say, "Huh. But I could do it" as though that settles the matter for the rest of us ("us" meaning the onsite guests who have diligently tried to get BOG FP+ reservations and been unsuccessful) -- all it does is make us jealous! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

lebeau

I've never read any information posted under "news" on WDWMagic before (the website, not the forum section) that was incorrect, until now. Perhaps they are suffering from their own success, because I have come to trust what I read on this site (again, the site, not the forums) more than what Disney itself says. Their information has historically been accurate and comes ahead of Disney's "official" announcements.

In this case, clearly, not all onsite guests are able to make BOG FP+ -- there is still some pre-selection process, or some time window, that is limiting them. I am an onsite guest. I am properly registered and the BOG lunch FP+ recognizes my confirmation numbers and MME account information. I could not have 'missed' a time window, as I check the BOG lunch FP+ site multiple times per day and have done so for more than a month, so clearly there's something stopping me from access (and WDW still says the preselection is random and limited). I'm just hoping that in a couple of days when I'm 30 day from arrival, something will happen.

I know you're not being rude and I take no offense to your post! The only thing that annoys me is all the people who sniff and say, "Huh. But I could do it" as though that settles the matter for the rest of us ("us" meaning the onsite guests who have diligently tried to get BOG FP+ reservations and been unsuccessful) -- all it does is make us jealous. :rolleyes:

I agree. There is clearly a window still in effect. The article is somewhat misleading in that respect. Disney hasn't thrown open the floodgates the way the headline implies. The whole process is shrouded in mystery, so I understand why the details are muddled.

Tinkerbella16

I know you're not being rude and I take no offense to your post! The only thing that annoys me is all the people who sniff and say, "Huh. But I could do it" as though that settles the matter for the rest of us ("us" meaning the onsite guests who have diligently tried to get BOG FP+ reservations and been unsuccessful) -- all it does is make us jealous! :rolleyes:

It worked for me and I was STILL jealous because it wasn't me I was getting the fp's for! I was doing it for a friend who will be there in 3 weeks. I don't have a trip booked so doing it was bitter sweet for me.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I've never read any information posted under "news" on WDWMagic before (the website, not the forum section) that was incorrect (or at least hyperbolic), until now. Perhaps they are suffering from their own success, because I have come to trust what I read on this site (again, the site, not the forums) more than what Disney itself says. Their information has historically been extremely accurate, and often comes ahead of Disney's "official" announcements.

In this case, clearly, not all onsite guests are able to make BOG FP+ -- there is still some pre-selection process, or some time window, that is limiting them. I am an onsite guest. I am properly registered and the BOG lunch FP+ recognizes my confirmation numbers and MME account information. I could not have 'missed' a time window, as I check the BOG lunch FP+ site multiple times per day and have done so for more than a month, so clearly there's something stopping me from access (and WDW still says the preselection is random and limited). I'm just hoping that in a couple of days when I'm 30 days from arrival, something will happen.

As always, I only post items that I fully believe to be correct. As I'm not Disney, I do not have access to all of the fine details, but in this case, I do have extremely reliable information that tells me that the policy is now that ALL resort guests are eligible. Now that does not mean that it will work for everyone, because as we know, there are some issues with MyMagic+, and there have been a number of bugs and complexities that have prevented people from doing certain things. I also can't speak for the timeframe of booking, that is completely at Disney's discretion. But it still does not change the main subject of my news item, which was that all resort guests are now eligible.

Sparkle81

I don't know whether this is relevant but when I was an onsite guest in December, I was unable to book the date until I wanted until 10 days out (and I was checking like a crazy person at least once or twice a day for weeks beforehand). It was slightly different to what you're describing as the date was blanked out completely but as frustrating as it is, it's worth persevering and checking, just in case :)

habuma

I don't know whether this is relevant but when I was an onsite guest in December, I was unable to book the date until I wanted until 10 days out (and I was checking like a crazy person at least once or twice a day for weeks beforehand). It was slightly different to what you're describing as the date was blanked out completely but as frustrating as it is, it's worth persevering and checking, just in case :)

Adding a few data points, I've been checking multiple times per day starting 60 days out. I'm now 42 days out and still am unable to get a FP for BOG. If I manage to get one, I'll be sure to followup here to let you know how many days out I am when I get it.

Mukta

From what I am reading on other sites, May reservations will be available somewhere between April 14-April 20th. Each month it opens for the next months somewhere in that 14th-20th date range. I am going in May, so I am going to start clicking that link and trying to make a reservation on 4/14.

jesemeca

Does anyone know how to put in the reservation number if it doesn't ask for it? It is still using my last one from last September. It also only shows this week up until the 8th as available.

TheMouseFan

Does anyone know how to put in the reservation number if it doesn't ask for it? It is still using my last one from last September. It also only shows this week up until the 8th as available.
Mine is doing the same thing. I read that it should change over to your new reservation when you get closer to time (possibly when the 60 day FP+ window opens?). Guess we'll have to wait and see. My next trip isn't until June, but my window opens up April 23, so I am anxiously waiting to see what happens.

Betsyboo

Adding a few data points, I've been checking multiple times per day starting 60 days out. I'm now 42 days out and still am unable to get a FP for BOG. If I manage to get one, I'll be sure to followup here to let you know how many days out I am when I get it.
I was at right about 40 days when the first 6 days of my trip opened up. The last day of my trip which was the first day of March, didn't open up until about 2 weeks prior to. Good luck!

Ember

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymag...bout-fastpass-for-be-our-guest-restaurant.htm

This article says that, "All guests staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel can now make an advanced reservation for quick service lunch at 'Be Our Guest Restaurant' in the Magic Kingdom's New Fantasyland."

I can't make a BOG FP+ for lunch and I'm an onsite guest -- I just tried at 34 days out and the website won't "let" me make one. I just called WDW to confirm and according to them, access to BOG FP+ is still completely random and is offered to pre-selected onsite guests by invitation only: it is not being offered to all onsite guests.

Is this some kind of April Fools' joke by WDWMagic, or was the CM I talked to misinformed?
Log on and try it now!! There was only one available for the first day of our trip, but I got one for 5/14!!

Ember

Update: I was able to choose from all my dates after I chose modify fp. I snagged one for 5/16 and was able to get one for my in laws for the same day and time! I am so happy! I cancelled my BOG dinner for that night so if anyone is looking for a dinner ADR on the 16th there is one available for 5pm!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom