Body Wars reopening on official Disney site?

WDWFREAK53

close_thread.jpg

*saves picture* :lol: LOVE IT!

WDWNT

I hate to break the news, but the reason it is no longer going to be listed after January, is because the bulding is going to be gutted and then demolished.

Captain Chaos

I hate to break the news, but the reason it is no longer going to be listed after January, is because the bulding is going to be gutted and then demolished.

I heard the building was already gutted... I have not heard it will be demolished though... My understanding is the pavilion will be used for special events.... Where did you hear it will be demolished?? And for when is this demolishing going to start??

007mickey

What happened to Merf? He starts this thread getting many fans excited, then vanishes after nobody jumps on the "overthrow Disney" bandwagon? Shame on Merf, be a little more wise with the thread titles.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I love merf logic. It doesn't list it as 'closed' so it must be open. Never mind the fact that it is unlisted on the Disneyworld.com calendar practically every other month. Never mind the fact that practically everyone on WDWMagic and other Disney fan sites know that the DisneyWorld.com calendar is rarely correct, hardly updated and should be taken with a grain of salt. Never mind the fact that there is absolutely no reason why Disney would open it in February. Never mind the only proof you got is the crappy calendar.

So just to reiterate what others have said, do NOT expect to see
WoL open this February or anytime soon (if at all).

Am I the only one who thinks that Merf was being sarcastic from the first post? He didn't actually believe Body Wars was going to be open -- he was taking a (I thought thinly veiled) shot at Disney's failure to keep the website up to date. :hammer:

WDWFREAK53

Am I the only one who thinks that Merf was being sarcastic from the first post? He didn't actually believe Body Wars was going to be open -- he was taking a (I thought thinly veiled) shot at Disney's failure to keep the website up to date. :hammer:

Nope, you're not the only one.

Just like SSE...

If you don't like Merf's posts or replies...don't respond or acknowledge them. Sooner or later he'll get bored and realize that nobody cares...and he's in the minority with his feelings.

Everybody is entitled to an opinion, including Merf, so I don't mind him posting his opinions. Yes, I get tired of hearing the same things over and over again, but sometimes I feel the same way about opinions that I agree with.

dxwwf3

Seriously? I thought those attractions were dumb. Good riddance. :lol:

Body Wars and Cranium Command dumb? To each their own :lol:

For their time, these were two of the biggest crowning achievements in park history. For today's time, completely dated and need to be changed. But is Casablanca dumb because it's dated? What about Mozart? I didn't think so. Again, it's perfectly fine to not like something just based on its own merits and that could be the case here completely, but.......

As much as some people complain about those that hate change, there is an equally annoying movement to put down anything older in the parks. This is done mainly by the "why can't you just enjoy the park" people who LOVE everything new, even if it is a new churro stand, and have no sense of nostalgia or park history. All that matters to them is what the common guest likes. And I feel it is equally as dumb and those who hate everything new.

Sorry for the rant :ROFLOL:

KingStefan

What is really sad and confusing is that the official Disney World site still lists Body Wars, Cranium Command, and The Making of Me in the attraction pages, and even took the time to include them in their new "Explore the Park" interface. Jeesh!

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/attractionDetail?id=BodyWarsAttractionPage

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/attractionDetail?id=CraniumCommandAttractionPage

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/attractionDetail?id=TheMakingofMeAttractionPage

Eyorefan

You're not alone. I don't see what is wront with Merf pointing out the pointlessness of Disney's official website. If they can't bother to give accurate information on even the most basic things, they might as well NOT offer any information at all.

I realize that we all know not to realy on the Disneyworld site for information, but people who are planing their first trip, or their first trip in several years, probably rely on the info posted on it.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Well, Disney website has it posted for a week or two now, so it's obviously not an oversight of a completely incompetent internet department..

Body Wars and Cranium Command will be open starting February 1st! Yay!!

Who's gonna go? Should we have a meet? We can all ride together :)
i think that answers your question.

brkgnews

You're not alone. I don't see what is wront with Merf pointing out the pointlessness of Disney's official website. If they can't bother to give accurate information on even the most basic things, they might as well NOT offer any information at all.

I realize that we all know not to realy on the Disneyworld site for information, but people who are planing their first trip, or their first trip in several years, probably rely on the info posted on it.
So why become part of the misinformation? Does it help newbies who may be visiting here to post false info on these boards?

007mickey

Does it help newbies who may be visiting here to post false info on these boards?

Those are my feelings, I don't mind asking "what in the world is Disney doing putting out wrong information?" and having a discussion about it. Just don't mislead some folks with the thread title, especially the "newbies" who may not be in the loop.

Eyorefan

Those are my feelings, I don't mind asking "what in the world is Disney doing putting out wrong information?" and having a discussion about it. Just don't mislead some folks with the thread title, especially the "newbies" who may not be in the loop.

I guess you're right. When I read it I knew he was being sarcastic, and I think others on here have made it clear that he isn't stating fact, he's pointing out stupidity. Still I guess there are many who don't read the whole thread, just the first few posts. :shrug: but.. whatever...

dismedic

Things like this happen when people give more credence to posting persons making them look like they know all and everything they post is the absolute truth.

Seen it on here a thousand times posters are given golden word status and then it turns out they are wrong about an issue then everyone cries fowl your picking on them and make up another thousand excuses as to why they posted things in the first place

BS or not when you post something dont hit and run if your being sarcastic just say it :brick:

EpcotServo

Nope.

The condescending tone of your posts in this thread isn't helping, either.

And once more, yours is?

I think I'm going to join on in on this "thread helping" trend that's all the rage now...I don't know what we're helping the thread to DO, but here goes...

You can't always get what you want.

But if you try sometimes, you just mind find, you get what you need.

There. I said it.

Also, you don't have to live like a refugee.

Good luck, oh noble thread! On your AdventureQuestSpiritJourney into the unknown!
:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom