Body Wars reopening on official Disney site?

dxwwf3

A lost cause... :(

Hate to say it, but you're right. If by some chance the attractions are open, all you locals should enjoy these fantastic attractions, but I've said my goodbye's and it's time for an update to the pavilion. Unfortunately, I doubt well ever see that update, but that's beside the point.

SeanC

Pretty sure merf is being [SIZE=-1]facetious...making a point about the website...last word was that both attractions, while still there were walled off, pavillion was turned over to special events, signage removed, etc. Never to return as WOL as we knew it. Don't get your hopes up. Last rides/shows were holidays 2006. Feb is dead, no reason for it.
[/SIZE]

DDPGambit

All this means is that Wonders of Life is now totally, 100% officially gone. Disney doesn't even want to bother listing it as seasonal anymore, which to me says, "Eh, we're done with this."
Good riddance. WOL has been lousy for the last ten years or so. Although I will miss Cranium Command...:(

imagine_82

i don't understand why it would be on the website, though...has it been listed on there for a while, or has it been newly added to the list of epcot attractions?:shrug:

disneydata

From http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/attractionDetail?id=WondersofLifePavilionAttractionPage

OPERATIONAL UPDATES: Wonders of Life Pavilion is open seasonally.

And others:

OPERATIONAL UPDATES: Body Wars is open seasonally.
OPERATIONAL UPDATES: Cranium Command is open seasonally.

To add, the attractions are no longer listed on the Cast Member information pages (you have to search for it) and this is posted on each page:

The Wonders of Life pavilion and attractions located within are currently closed.

The Mak

Didn't someone post a pic on here during the Food and Wine Festival of the Cranium Command stage missing the screen and the AA figure? I went inside WoL on Epcot's 25th and the only reason people were in there was for the booze and wine stand and wine seminars in front of CC.

As an aisde, I was hanging around outside Wonder and Energy that day on a planter waiting for the monorail to pass by Energy to take a cliche SSE + Monorail picture and I overhead two ladies on ECV's roll past me towards Wonders:

"What is that gold dome? That wasn't here when we came last year!"

"Yeah, Disney just got finished building it this summer!"

facepalmwq8.jpg

Edit: The Facepalm is for a multitude of reasons, not for the ladies' non-geekery.

askmike1

But the Disney World website says they're not going to be closed, so they must be open!

I love merf logic. It doesn't list it as 'closed' so it must be open. Never mind the fact that it is unlisted on the Disneyworld.com calendar practically every other month. Never mind the fact that practically everyone on WDWMagic and other Disney fan sites know that the DisneyWorld.com calendar is rarely correct, hardly updated and should be taken with a grain of salt. Never mind the fact that there is absolutely no reason why Disney would open it in February. Never mind the only proof you got is the crappy calendar.

So just to reiterate what others have said, do NOT expect to see
WoL open this February or anytime soon (if at all).

If it is I certainly hope somebody posts an "Its Open!" thread because I will fly out for the day to visit the pavilion. Yes, I miss those attractions that much. Especially Cranium Command :(

fizzle75

You mean...gulp...Merf is giving out false information?!?!:eek:

I doubt very seriously that he's being sarcastic, that just wouldn't be Merf.:rolleyes:

Laura

Premium Member
Hate to say it, but you're right. If by some chance the attractions are open, all you locals should enjoy these fantastic attractions, but I've said my goodbye's and it's time for an update to the pavilion. Unfortunately, I doubt well ever see that update, but that's beside the point.

Seriously? I thought those attractions were dumb. Good riddance. :lol:

JDM

Maybe getting the information right should be the job of Disney, not yours and mine :)

Amen!! Well said!!

Personally, I don't much care either way if it's open.
But if something is on an official Disney website (especially for such a long time), it would be reasonable to assume it's correct.
And if it's NOT correct, then that is Disney's fault. They are a huge company and I imagine they have more than one person updating their WDW website. No excuse for incorrect information like this.

And no excuse for the usual snarking, either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom