Body Wars reopening on official Disney site?

Captain Hank

Indeed. I wasn't counting SSE because of it's spherical nature, but that's right -- it's just two domes.

Now... since I don't get backstage that often :lookaroun ... what about the itty bitty spaceship earth in front of the cast services building backstage at EPCOT? Is that just a dome or is a full geosphere?
Not sure about that little one. It's a full sphere, but I'm not sure whether it counts.

xSdude

Wheew, My parents were going to take me to the show How To Make Life or whatever it was called, but its not opening! Yes! :)

~~Sdude~~

TheBeatles

Just re-open Cranium Command.

Thats all I care about.

Actually... one of those bikes that you could ride through Disneyland. Open that too.

EPCOT.nut

Just re-open Cranium Command.

Thats all I care about.

Actually... one of those bikes that you could ride through Disneyland. Open that too.

Even though I have enjoyed Cranium Command so many times, when I think of it I think of piloting a chicken. I hope that is really in Cranium Command! I'd love to have that movie on DVD. Martin??? :lookaroun

:lol:

jt04

Nah - Met Life footed the not exactly small bill for it. And the most expensive corporate boardroom in the US at the time (eh, Jason?? ;) )

The building is the parks 4th Geodisic dome (you know the other 3, right kids?) and apart from some leaks where the dome meets the support buildings I believe the structure is sound. Another good reason to re use a perfectly good facility.

Disney normally lets things stand until someone else will pay for demolition - the Skyway buildings and Horizons case in point. They didn`t have much choice with 20K.

Please write a book about WDW (or maybe you can suggest a book that has some of the interesting trivia you know).

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
1. Wonders of Life
2. Tropics Greenhouse in Living with the Land
3. The top 3/4 of Spaceship Earth
4. The bottom 1/4 of Spaceship Earth

:)
You got it! The backstage structure isn`t a building so dosn`t count - in my world :lol:

Eventually I plan a new tribute to the entire building, with new footage of the main and sub attractions. At my speed though it`s replacement will be open before I get round to it....

brisem

Here's Disney's response to my email asking about Body Wars re-opening:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

The Wonders of Life pavilion in Epcot is now operated on a seasonal
basis. The attractions in the Pavilion, Body Wars, Cranium Command and
the Making of Me will be available during periods of anticipated peak
attendance. The quick service dining and merchandise locations in the
pavilion have ceased operations.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact
us.

Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if
applicable on all correspondence.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Suzanne Walden

WDW Online Communications

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and
should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

jedimaster1227

Maybe it will be reopened during the Imagination refurb

That won't be necessary, nor will it happen. By February 1st (if I have my dates correct), the entire WoL pavilion will have been handed over to Epcot Special Events, in which time they won't use any of the attractions. Its not like there is anything left to use, considering the condition of Body Wars and Cranium Command... It probably wouldn't be safe to ride Body Wars with the pods in the state they are (and I don't mean just from extended wear and tear). And Cranium Command wouldn't work to well without a preshow anyways...

CThaddeus

That won't be necessary, nor will it happen. By February 1st (if I have my dates correct), the entire WoL pavilion will have been handed over to Epcot Special Events, in which time they won't use any of the attractions. Its not like there is anything left to use, considering the condition of Body Wars and Cranium Command... It probably wouldn't be safe to ride Body Wars with the pods in the state they are (and I don't mean just from extended wear and tear). And Cranium Command wouldn't work to well without a preshow anyways...

What happened to Cranium Command's preshow? It's only a movie. I'm guessing the area is still there. All they would need to do is get the film rolling again. The only thing I saw missing in October was the signing, and that wouldn't be hard to replace.

jedimaster1227

What happened to Cranium Command's preshow? It's only a movie. I'm guessing the area is still there. All they would need to do is get the film rolling again. The only thing I saw missing in October was the signing, and that wouldn't be hard to replace.

From what I was told, the pre-show theater was taken apart... Thats questionable though. Body Wars on the other hand... :zipit:

LongballMG

From what I was told, the pre-show theater was taken apart... Thats questionable though. Body Wars on the other hand... :zipit:

(whip)

SPEAK (whip) SPEAK MORE YOUNG ADAM!!! (whip) SPEAK I SAY! (whip)

SPEAK!!!!!

just kidding, but now you've peaked my interest.Why would the pre-show be dismantled. It was just a room and screen. And what's going on with Body Wars. You know information....

(WHIP)

SPEAK!!!

:)

~Mike

RHeath2

How was the pre-show theater for Cranium Command taken apart? As far as I can remember it was just a room with a screen wall at one end and a projector built into a wall at the other. There was also a small half-wall or something that helped separate it from the entrance hallway. Am I correct or just missing some details?

Also, wasn't there a rumor floating round from a while back that the now "defunct" Body Wars area was being used as a testing facility for the supposed upcoming Star Tours 2.0 simulator/movie? Or was that debunked and I missed it? Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom