Body Wars 2016 Update

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
What did I see then? Light in a mirror?

This seems to suggest possibly:

Apologies for bumping a dead thread, but I was picking apart some footage for a project (not mine, found it on youtube) and I thought I'd share some evidence that debunks Nova's theory of there being a probe left.
Current Status: Probe 1
View attachment 208274
Current Status: Probe 2View attachment 208275
Current Status: Probe 3View attachment 208276
And last but not least, Current Status: Probe 4
View attachment 208277
So, Nova. There you have it. Not smart to spread lies when the truth can eventually be revealed!

AEfx

Didn't know that, however, I still don't understand what the hell difference it makes. Should there be an absolutely never used system for every single ride ever created? I guess I just don't see the problem. If the system works for the ride, shouldn't it be used. Even though I don't agree with the idea I can almost understand the upset about there being a Star Tours in both places, but, even that is a lame thing, so, I guess I'll just move on.

Ugh, I never said any such thing. In fact, I often state the opposite. I think they often get TOO "creative" with ride systems just to be new and clever. Example, for all the R&D the "sway" of 7DMT cost, I would rather have had an additional show scene or three. I also think it's nothing but an Internet fanboi notion that parks should not have sister attractions (or "clones) - in fact, I think the general public EXPECTS the same rides at different Disney locations.

I simply mentioned as part of the larger argument that Body Wars was never anything really special to begin with. The queue was relatively unthemed, as were the cabins. They could easily have swapped out the signage and changed the movie and no one would be the wiser. It was not a significant investment and just one of the reasons the entire place felt very temporary to begin with - like the entire space was built to be rethemed easily.

seabreezept813

Sorry, my local science museum was far more entertaining than WoL was and I found nothing redeeming about BW. I found disney's lack of replacement far more disappointing than the loss of WoL
My family loved WoL, especially Cranium Command, even the Making of me. Six of us enjoyed all offerings, and no one complained about BW.
While I love science museums, I would never say it was less entertaining than the average museum. Health also seems like a useful topic if Epcot was still about the future and world unity.. although that seems like it could change

Goofyernmost

Ugh, I never said any such thing. In fact, I often state the opposite. I think they often get TOO "creative" with ride systems just to be new and clever. Example, for all the R&D the "sway" of 7DMT cost, I would rather have had an additional show scene or three. I also think it's nothing but an Internet fanboi notion that parks should not have sister attractions (or "clones) - in fact, I think the general public EXPECTS the same rides at different Disney locations.

I simply mentioned as part of the larger argument that Body Wars was never anything really special to begin with. The queue was relatively unthemed, as were the cabins. They could easily have swapped out the signage and changed the movie and no one would be the wiser. It was not a significant investment and just one of the reasons the entire place felt very temporary to begin with - like the entire space was built to be rethemed easily.
I said that as part of a larger argument as well. You aren't the only one allowed to do that.

Animaniac93-98

Since "health" as a concept is offensive to those who don't want to be lectured about their lifestyle choices (see: Habbit Heroes) and goes against all those dessert parties the company wants to sell, perhaps Disney could instead develop a sports/sports science pavilion? Take the focus away from generals and into the specifcs how the body works and can be optimized for running, cycling, football, baseball etc. The end result would be more indirectly aspirational ("this is how athletes improve themslves") vs confrontational ("this is what you should be doing").

They could get someone like Under Armour to sponsor it and have a Run Disney store inside, sell retro-EPCOT gym clothes and have a counter service restaurant with healthier food options. Maybe a juice bar where you can customize protein shakes.

Not that any of this fits the current goal of maximizing branded characters...unless they got Thor to tell you how to build your biceps.

FigmentJedi

Since "health" as a concept is offensive to those who don't want to be lectured about their lifestyle choices (see: Habbit Heroes) and goes against all those dessert parties the company wants to sell, perhaps Disney could instead develop a sports/sports science pavilion? Take the focus away from generals and into the specifcs how the body works and can be optimized for running, cycling, football, baseball etc. The end result would be more indirectly aspirational ("this is how athletes improve themslves") vs confrontational ("this is what you should be doing").

They could get someone like Under Armour to sponsor it and have a Run Disney store inside, sell retro-EPCOT gym clothes and have a counter service restaurant with healthier food options. Maybe a juice bar where you can customize protein shakes.

Not that any of this fits the current goal of maximizing branded characters...unless they got Thor to tell you how to build your biceps.
There's so much sports stuff they've done with Goofy. Just use him like how the original pavilion did.

c-one

I mean, name brand athletic wear with superhero logos are pretty in. This could work. Guardians of the Gymnasium.

rael ramone

Actually it could connect to an owned IP.

ESPN

DreamfinderGuy

Does anybody know why there's work going on in Body Wars anyway? It seems pointless with the ceiling repair and mold removal if it isn't gonna reopen.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Did it honestly close because of poor attendance?
No. It limped on unsponsored before going seasonal in 2004. TWDC decided it couldn't afford to operate it by themselves.

Come 2006 it needed updating in many areas; science had moved on but it's displays had not.

It's no coincidence the shrubbery in front was allowed to grow and obscure the pavilion.

Last edited:

raven

Did it honestly close because of poor attendance? I mean both Living with the Land and The Circle of Life: A Environmental Fable dont have as much Visitors as Test Track or Soar'n. If they really closed it because of low attendance, then why not just close off everything but Body Wars seeing as how that was the equivalent to Star Tours.
Once sponsorship has ended on a Pavilion then all maintenance stops. Wonders of Life pretty much ran until it couldn't anymore. And the only reason it lasted as long as it did without a sponsor was due to other nearby attractions being rehauled at the time so they needed to keep it open to relieve crowd issues.
Does anybody know why there's work going on in Body Wars anyway? It seems pointless with the ceiling repair and mold removal if it isn't gonna reopen.
Those 4 bays are used for maintenance storage and work areas for Future World East attractions. It stores parts for Test Track, Mission: Space and Universe of Energy (attractions and Pavilion needs). As long as it's occupied by anyone it still needs to be upkept.

Future World West attraction storage and maintenance area is inside and just outside the Living With the Land boat storage area. This also includes parts and maintenance for Journey into Imagination, Soarin', Living with the Land, The Seas with Nemo and Spaceship Earth.

HonorableMention

Anyone know if Cranium Command is in the same condition it has been in for a while? Seems really odd (and stupid IMO) to keep Buzzy and some of the show effects just sitting there while the rest of the pavilion is altered.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom