Body Wars 2016 Update

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Anyone know if Cranium Command is in the same condition it has been in for a while? Seems really odd (and stupid IMO) to keep Buzzy and some of the show effects just sitting there while the rest of the pavilion is altered.
Just sitting there doesn't cost money. It's slowly crumbling. Money will be spent when it endangers something (like when the roof was fixed)

Most of the BOH equipment that was worth salvaging went a long time ago.

BCNHF

I took the Undiscovered Future World tour a few weeks ago and the official Disney stance on Wonders closure is:

"There where days where not a single guest would enter the pavilion and it would cost more to open the pavilion for the day than what it was making. "

Also don't take the tour it's real bad. Only redeeming factor was seeing original JII ABC blocks Figment and Toast of the town animatronics in costuming.

DreamfinderGuy

Anyone know if Cranium Command is in the same condition it has been in for a while? Seems really odd (and stupid IMO) to keep Buzzy and some of the show effects just sitting there while the rest of the pavilion is altered.
Yeah, as far as we know Cranium's removal was skin deep. The queue has been slightly altered to fit the festivals (see the last body wars/image works video) and valuable equipment was removed from the stage. While the show couldn't run if we tried to start it today, the show lighting and possible movement of Buzzy's chair still works.

BCNHF

Just the toast. Well the bread lol. There was also haunted mansion hitchhikers back there.

Anyways the tour was bad. Was large periods of staring at a iPad while they talked about something five feet away from you that they could've showed (Wonders, Communicore)

DreamfinderGuy

Just the toast. Well the bread lol. There was also haunted mansion hitchhikers back there.

Anyways the tour was bad. Was large periods of staring at a iPad while they talked about something five feet away from you that they could've showed (Wonders, Communicore)
Wow, I've always wanted to do that but it does seem like it sucks. Do they still take you into Image Works?

BCNHF

Nope. You go backstage to the 3D glasses cleaners, walk briefly past the figment car maintenance bay, then they take you out a door in Pixar have you sit down and tell you about imageworks. That was infuriating. ITS RIGHT THERE JUST SHOW US!!!!

DreamfinderGuy

Nope. You go backstage to the 3D glasses cleaners, walk briefly past the figment car maintenance bay, then they take you out a door in Pixar have you sit down and tell you about imageworks. That was infuriating. ITS RIGHT THERE JUST SHOW US!!!!
That really sucks, but atleast it isn't one of the CMs telling you it doesn't exist or it was a legend or it was removed or something.

BCNHF

They do say that "sometimes Dreamfinder and Figment come out and do meet and greets" but when pressed they said "oh just at D23 events".

They did tell the story about journey into your imagination also and how everyone hated it. That was odd.

They did the same stuff with Kitchen Kabaret and Food Rocks, but said "everyone loved it " so it was odd. Trying to think of any other cool backstage stuff but I can't think of anything, other than the cars in the center of Test track are actually available to buy and they usually sell one per year

DreamfinderGuy

They do say that "sometimes Dreamfinder and Figment come out and do meet and greets" but when pressed they said "oh just at D23 events".

They did tell the story about journey into your imagination also and how everyone hated it. That was odd.

They did the same stuff with Kitchen Kabaret and Food Rocks, but said "everyone loved it " so it was odd. Trying to think of any other cool backstage stuff but I can't think of anything, other than the cars in the center of Test track are actually available to buy and they usually sell one per year
Seems like more of a "meh" tour to me, they've cut a lot from it I guess.

trainplane3

I doubt we will hear but I think I know the answer. This stunt did a lot of harm.
I guess I wasn't expecting to hear an answer here. I hope the answers what I'm thinking. If anything, I expect the kid to post some video at some point with an edgy title like "I was BANNED from Disney for NO REASON!11!!".

Makes me wonder where he got in at. I expect the front doors were locked. I have a couple ideas but I wouldn't feel right posting them here. I wonder about the other videos, especially the island. I imagine someone lost their job for letting that get by. Actually, I feel bad for anyone that was punished or fired for this stunt.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom