Body Wars 2016 Update

Wdwsince86

I’d like to see cranium command but number one I think I’d find it too creepy to go by myself and two I wouldn’t want to be banned. Oh well, I can always enjoy the videos.

DreamfinderGuy

The AA figure has either been removed or is well on the way. He had recently been labeled to send to the Disney Archives.
Recently? He was labeled about a decade ago. They’re still there. Half the stuff in Image Works was labeled and wasn’t removed even after the construction in the area

geekza

So, do we have any idea of when Buzzy will finally be taken out and sent to Archives?
I don't believe so. There are so many departments that have to be involved. What we know for sure has happened is that sometime fairly recently, someone either got word from Archives or someone from the Archives came through the attraction and put a tag on Buzzy to make sure that he wasn't tossed when they demolish what is left of the attraction. That indicates that change is imminent, but who knows when the removal would actually be scheduled. I'd say sooner, rather than later, but that's just a guess.

DreamfinderGuy

The archives labeled important items fairly recently. Imageworks items of note were removed several years ago.
They've been labeled since at least 2012, I would assume that it was right after they started gutting the pavilion. And as far as Image Works goes, there's literal footage of the Do Not Destroy tags in there. I know a lot was already removed, but some stuff is still there, like signage and Figment's Balloon Race

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They've been labeled since at least 2012, I would assume that it was right after they started gutting the pavilion. And as far as Image Works goes, there's literal footage of the Do Not Destroy tags in there. I know a lot was already removed, but some stuff is still there, like signage and Figment's Balloon Race
Let’s just say I know who labelled what for the archive, and where items have ended up. Wonders items are recently relabelled.

DreamfinderGuy

Let’s just say I know who labelled what for the archive, and where items have ended up. Wonders items are recently relabelled.
It's funny you mention that, since I found it pretty puzzling last year. I know that in 2016 the Miniaturization Bay sign didn't have a DND tag, but in 2017 it did. I guess that proves my theory.

trainplane3

I'm pretty sure those DND labels have more print under them that says to contact the archives before doing anything at all with them. Just because it says DND doesn't mean it's 100% safe.

Wdwsince86

(Psst! There was a link in my post)
I noticed after the fact... I’ve seen lots of wonders videos, none quite that thorough, though. That was very nostalgic. Regrettably I never did get to see cranium command. Last time I was in wonders was probably 97 or 98 maybe even earlier than that. I was barely a teenager then and we went specifically so I could ride body wars Asmara my parents didn’t like the motion of the sim... TBH we never spent much time in wonders other than for BW and the bikes.. is quite possible I didn’t even know CC existed. What’s crazy though... as a kid I went to WDW once or twice a year, from 91-2000.. went again in 04 and from 04 didn’t go back until 09 and afternoon 09 didn’t go back until 2015.. I didn’t even know wonders was closed/semi abandoned until the 2015 trip when I tried to go in.. didn’t even notice the helix was missing or anything until I got right up to the door... noticed no one else was walking up and noticed there was no WOL signage. May have been open for one of the festivals at the time (I’d say it was around spring breakish time.. maybe March so not sure if they’re going on at that time) but I don’t remember any signage for that either. It certainly wasn’t roped off or anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom