Body Wars 2016 Update

DreamfinderGuy

Curious if anyone has seen this video? No audio, but it’s a very thorough look at body wars and imageworks from around 2015 or 2016... before the DVC lounge in imageworks. It shows all four simulator bays starting at around 2:25. You can either click the link or search YouTube for “cotguy86”.

It’s from 2017 if I remember right. It’s definitely Post-DVC Image Works

Wdwsince86

It’s from 2017 if I remember right. It’s definitely Post-DVC Image Works
Really? I didn’t think there was any way to get to image works post DVC lounge. I’m not an expert by any means. Also, I was told about this video in early 2017 which led me to believe it was from at least 2016. I’ve known about it longer than actually having seen it. In other words, the person that told me about it told me about it, I searched for it, couldn’t find it for months, then randomly decided to search for I thought again and found it.

DreamfinderGuy

Really? I didn’t think there was any way to get to image works post DVC lounge. I’m not an expert by any means. Also, I was told about this video in early 2017 which led me to believe it was from at least 2016. I’ve known about it longer than actually having seen it. In other words, the person that told me about it told me about it, I searched for it, couldn’t find it for months, then randomly decided to search for I thought again and found it.
It was uploaded in May 2017, so it was probably filmed around then. There is one way into Image Works from the DVC Lounge, but according to @marni1971 it’s been pretty guarded since the video surfaced. I might put up a diagram later or something to show my point. You can tell it’s from Post-DVC for a couple reasons, the main one being that it was shown behind the white false wall blocking Figment’s Coloring Book from DVC.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Curious if anyone has seen this video? No audio, but it’s a very thorough look at body wars and imageworks from around 2015 or 2016... before the DVC lounge in imageworks. It shows all four simulator bays starting at around 2:25. You can either click the link or search YouTube for “cotguy86”.

Yes, it’s an older one. Thankfully it doesn’t mean an idiot has done it again.

Imageworks is still accessible for authorised cast post DVC. Don’t try it.

DreamfinderGuy

Yes, it’s an older one. Thankfully it doesn’t mean an idiot has done it again.

Imageworks is still accessible for authorised cast post DVC. Don’t try it.
Well, I wouldn’t say that. AFAIK this is the only video of Post-DVC Image Works, but it’s far from the last Body Wars/Cranium Command video

DreamfinderGuy

Was the muppet who climbed behind CC after this one?
Yep, for sure. And there’s been another one in CC since then, although only images came out of it. They went behind too, although I’m unsure if it was through Hypo’s maintenance hatch like he did or if it was through the real entrance

Wdwsince86

Why the hostility? It’s not you going back there’s is it? It’s not you putting your life in danger? Not trying to be a you know what, just genuinely curious. I don’t understand why other people get so upset about someone like Matt risking his safety (and his ability to go to Disney world) to bring awesome footage. Not just upset but PO ed.. enough to post about it and pass judgement on them. Not trying to start anything here, just, like I said genuinely curious. I’d never do it, I’m sure you wouldn’t either. Good. We don’t want to risk our safety (and presumably love Disney enough to not want to get banned.) PS dreamfinder guy, I LOVE your videos.

Last edited:

Wdwsince86

I will concede the Disney’s quest thing was maybe a little over the line. I believe the interest is for dormant attractions left abandoned for years, not ones that just closed being demolished... though I still enjoyed the video.

Thelazer

People going backstage unauthorised and particularly documenting it online has caused a lot of people a lot of problems. Best I leave it at that. Have a read through this thread for possibly more information.

I don't think anyone wants a C+D to arrive in WDWMagic's inbox..

That said.
Why Disney hasn't figured out that the image works, could be put on a tour of undiscovered future world and PLENTY of people would pay for it. Or perhaps, restore some of it's items, bring em out for a special hard ticket event.

Wdwsince86

I think part of the allure of seeing th3se places is the creepiness factor. I don’t know if that’d still be there if people were allowed to be there. That being said, I remember a video on YouTube where they were on a backstage tour and ended up being allowed in image works.

DreamfinderGuy

I don't think anyone wants a C+D to arrive in WDWMagic's inbox..

That said.
Why Disney hasn't figured out that the image works, could be put on a tour of undiscovered future world and PLENTY of people would pay for it. Or perhaps, restore some of it's items, bring em out for a special hard ticket event.
Oh boy not this again. The unsafe argument is out now, but honestly Image Works today is just super barren. I mean, just look at the video, some dust, shattered mirrors, some signage, peeling carpet, blueprints, 80s Computer Shells, etc. It's just not much to look at anymore. Cranium Command or the remaining VIP Lounges tho, that'd be awesome!

Thelazer

People would still pay to go up there... $59 for "Creepy FutureWorld Tour" would sell out in a heartbeat if announced to the DVC masses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom