Bob Iger spotted in Animal Kingdom

Computer Magic

sorry if this was posted.. when asked what bob iger was doing at AK TPO said the following... i assume the same goes for epcot

ThemeParkOneTheme Park One

@WDWVacationer There are 2 dozen proposals that Joe R. is sitting on. Iger was doing a check up and hearing about the proposals from others.
Hope this is true and Joe is back. The Hawaii project is wrapping up which should free up his time for another project. Hopefully he can bring life into AK that died after he left to work in Hawaii.

HMF

I gotta disagree with this.

Not about Eisner (I'm not educated enough on that topic), but Iger has been pretty amazing so far, in my opinion.

When I think about where we were just four or five years ago, and the positive changes that have happened, I'm pleased with Iger. I also like his style.

If FLE was happening under the last watch, we'd have seen a few princess tents put up over the old 20K space and they'd have done an 18-month long "celebration" about it.

While he isn't involved intimately with the parks, he seems a heck of a lot more knowledgeable and is sending things in a different direction - which is very pleasing for many of us.

You know Iger was at the helm during the Rasulo days, right?

HMF

Others may know better, but my impression of Joe Rohde is that his job is to come up with the most out-of-this-world, technologically revolutionary, astronomically expensive new attractions that he can possibly dream up and that it's the job of the finance folks to whack him in the face with the "real world" (not unlike Walt and Roy).

Except when Walt and Roy were whacked in the face by finance people they responded that they did not care and did it anyway.

MiklCraw4d

Ha!

wild bobiger appeared!
*go! Angrywdwfan!*
angrywdwfan used brokenlights!
*it's not very effective...*
bobiger used corporateprofits
*bobiger's defense increased*
angrywdwfan used bigthundermountaintarp
*bobiger dodges nimbly*
bobiger used nextgenqueue
*angrywdwfan falls asleep*
bobiger attempts to run away
*but there's no escape*
*angrywdwfan wakes up*
angrywdwfan uses brokedinoeffects
*bobiger becomes confused*
*bobiger hurt himself in his confusion*
angrywdwfan uses discoyeti
*it's super effective! Critical hit!*
bobiger used tdo
*it's not very effective...*
angrywdwfan throws great ball
all right! Wild bobiger was caught!
Give nickname to bobiger? >yes no
*nicknames michaeleisner*
angrywdwfan is evolving...
Angrywdwfan has become enragedunpleasablewdwfanboy
learned new ability- brokesplashmountaincharacters

so yeah sorry about that. I'm obviously just messing around. I'm totally not serious (so far, i'm liking what iger is doing in fact, just joking around above). You can probably imagine one of the other things i did as a kid besides visiting wdw.:p

lazyboy97o

Nope, try again.

Roy WAS the finance guy. He said "no" to Walt plenty of times when Walt's dreams just weren't doable.
While Roy did keep Walt in line with costs, it hard to argue that he did not also spend much more time enabling Walt, and often that was done by putting way too many eggs in one basket. Heck, just look at all that he poured into opening Walt Disney World.

AEfx

You know Iger was at the helm during the Rasulo days, right?

You know it takes awhile before someone new comes into power to see the changes. :)

Not to mention how long projects are in development, etc. - but regardless, all I can say is that since Iger took over, we've been going in the right direction.

/shrug

HMF

You know it takes awhile before someone new comes into power to see the changes. :)

Not to mention how long projects are in development, etc. - but regardless, all I can say is that since Iger took over, we've been going in the right direction.

/shrug

Except for the fact that Rasulo was promoted to CFO. Granted , in this role he can cause less direct damage to the park but as long as he remains with the company and the "Disney Parks" brand is still being used, I still remain somewhat fearful.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Roy made the finance work for Walt whereas most finance people told Walt he was insane.

This is closer to the truth.

The very simplistic way to look at their relationship was to think of Walt as the wide eyed dreamer, and to think of Roy as the tight fisted money man. Reality is not so easy to box in however. Roy found ways to make Walt's crazy dreams and ideas reality. His job in their partnership was not to turn down Walt's ideas, but to secure the financing to make them happen. This is evidenced time and time again if you know the history of TWDC. Snow White, DisneyLand, WDW, ect...

Lee

Adventurer
Well the other fan communities just aren't on the pulse of things like we are LOL
Often times yes. Sadly this may turn out not to be one of them...in a way.

I can confirm what Tom said that Tom Staggs and Bob Iger were indeed at Via Napoli.
Yes. True.
But the real story is, who else was at the resort this week, and why?
Iger was there. Staggs was there. And...sequestered in a sealed off floor at the Boardwalk...the Board of Directors of the WDC.

Oh...and a certain Saudi Prince. The one who already owns a big chunk of DLP.:lookaroun

This story isn't over. It may get much bigger in the coming days.

devoy1701

Yes. True.
Iger was there. Staggs was there. And...sequestered in a sealed off floor at the Boardwalk...the Board of Directors of the WDC.

Oh...and a certain Saudi Prince. The one who already owns a big chunk of DLP.:lookaroun

You must run in the same group of insiders as another spirit that can be found online. And if what he's saying has any truth to it...and since you're finally bringing the same likes over here, I think that WDW fans have a great deal to worry about in the coming years.

And people say Iger is doing better than Eisner ever did...hah!

The Mom

Premium Member

Yes. True.

The plot thickens. :lookaroun

devoy1701

Nope, try again.

Roy WAS the finance guy. He said "no" to Walt plenty of times when Walt's dreams just weren't doable.

As others have said. Roy wasn't Walt's "No" Man...Roy was his "find the way to get it done man". When Walt got going on an idea, there was nothing Roy could do to stop him from seeing the plan through. If Roy wasn't able to secure the proper funding, Walt found some other way. Roy was also very good at finding new business ventures for the company himself in terms of marketing, consumer merchandise deals, and diversifying the company. Roy was the FINANCE guy in respect to finding the way to financing.

Neal Gabler does a good job of explaining all of this.

Lee

Adventurer
You must run in the same group of insiders as another spirit that can be found online.
Sort of. There is a free flow of information along certain channels.

And if what he's saying has any truth to it...
It does.

I think that WDW fans have a great deal to worry about in the coming years.
Maybe, but not necessarily. (See: OLC)

The Mom said:
The plot thickens.
Doesn't it? Gonna be an interesting few days as info (hopefully) begins to filter out.

NOTE: Let me just add... I wasn't there. I can't testify to what all was discussed.
Could have been just about DLP...
Could have been just about Four Seasons...

But to have the whole Board there, in secret, meeting with the Prince...

devoy1701

Sort of. There is a free flow of information along certain channels.

It does.

Maybe, but not necessarily. (See: OLC)

Doesn't it? Gonna be an interesting few days as info (hopefully) begins to filter out.

NOTE: Let me just add... I wasn't there. I can't testify to what all was discussed.
Could have been just about DLP...
Could have been just about Four Seasons...

But to have the whole Board there, in secret, meeting with the Prince...

That goes along what I mentioned to him last night....seemingly TWDC hasn't cared much about WDW as of late, so if we get another company that actually cares it could mean great things. As with OLC...Disney isn't the best at doing Disney anymore. But I'm not sure if the Prince is at the same caliber...Paris doesn't exactly get raving reviews, and the other spirit I mentioned thinks it could just be a trophy to add to his collection (though i'll point out that he did say he doesn't know the prince personally and that was just an educated guess).

I get that everyone is speculating here. So now we all just have to wait and see that happens!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom