Bob Iger spotted in Animal Kingdom

devoy1701

Long-time lurker, first-time poster.

I completely disagree with the sentiment that Eisner and Iger are alike because they are not. The company has been MUCH better under Iger whereas Eisner (after Frank Wells died) ruined everything.

Also, SGE is a product of the Eisner era, not the Iger era. SGE opened in 2004, when Eisner was still the CEO of the company.

Eisner had a drive and passion for creativity. Iger is just in it for the money...plain and simple for the money...for personal money, for revenue for the company. We're walking on dangerous territory with Iger at the helm.

CountryBearFan

Eisner had a drive and passion for creativity.

From 1984 to 1994, yes. From 1994 and beyond, no.

Please don't overlook the countless grave mistakes Eisner made after Frank Wells died. Remember: Eisner killed 2D animation, alienated many relationships, cut one too many corners, promoted the wrong people to high positions in the company, etc.

Iger is just in it for the money...plain and simple for the money...for personal money, for revenue for the company. We're walking on dangerous territory with Iger at the helm.

Not true. That description is far more suitable to Eisner.

devoy1701

From 1984 to 1994, yes. From 1994 and beyond, no.

Please don't overlook the countless grave mistakes Eisner made after Frank Wells died. Remember: Eisner killed 2D animation, alienated many relationships, cut one too many corners, promoted the wrong people to high positions in the company, etc.

Not true. That description is far more suitable to Eisner.

no one is overlooking Eisner's follies. But his Egocentric self does not outweigh his saving the company.

But you completely have the wrong impression of Iger. I guess we'll just have to disagree on this one. But with the state of the parks, the lack of creativity and originality coming from Walt Disney Pictures AND Pixar, and the milking of franchises for all their worth, I can't say i'm exactly excited bout what he is doing with the Disney Brand. At least Eisner sent hit sequels straight to video...

devoy1701

Interrupting all the jokes and fun for a second (sorry!) - Iger and Tom Staggs were at Via Napoli about an hour ago.

Who is doing this spotting and why have their not been any pictures? If Iger was in the parks on a multiday visit it would have atleast hit the Disney Parks Blog by now, or someone in one of the the many online fan communities would have posted a picture by now. But alas this is the only forum where it's been mentioned so far...and as they saying goes, this thread is useless without pics!

Sorry Tom!

devoy1701

Haha I think Tom is one of the people around here who all sides can agree wouldn't go around making crap up.

EDIT: Unlike Lee, who promised us a Tron roller coaster :animwink::lol:

so no mention on Parks Blog, no mention on any other forum...and no pictures...and you aren't the least bit skeptical?

a 3-day visit to the O-Town parks when they were just there a month ago???

Tom

Beta Return
Haha I think Tom is one of the people around here who all sides can agree wouldn't go around making crap up.

I know. I wasn't being serious. It was just an appropriate time to bring up the "we need photo evidence" given his ever so slight knack for taking pictures on occasion. :p

Tom, you still up here in Indy, or have you officially changed your residency to Lake Buena Vista?

wizards8507

so no mention on Parks Blog, no mention on any other forum...and no pictures...and you aren't the least bit skeptical?

No. I just think most people realize how creepy it would be to start pointing your camera at a couple multi-millionaire businessmen enjoying a meal in a dimly lit restaurant and start clicking and flashing away.

devoy1701

No. I just think most people realize how creepy it would be to start pointing your camera at a couple multi-millionaire businessmen enjoying a meal in a dimly lit restaurant and start clicking and flashing away.

this is America in 2011 where everyone has a camera on them all the time and people have no respect for others, especially people who could be classified as a celebrity.

Someone would have taken a picture....ANYONE who knew it was Iger would have tried to take a picture!

Lee

Adventurer

No...I didn't. I never make stuff up. Not ever.:rolleyes:

I simply said that there was a concept for a Tron coaster in development, and that Staggs wanted to order one for Shanghai and one for MK.

Never said it was happening at MK. Still have art that appears to show it in Shanghai.

wizards8507

I simply said that there was a concept for a Tron coaster in development, and that Staggs wanted to order one for Shanghai and one for MK.

Never said it was happening at MK. Still have art that appears to show it in Shanghai.

I know I know... Hence the *wink* and the *chuckle.*

I need to make my sarcasm more apparent around here.

yeti

sigh.jpg

MarkTwain

Interrupting all the jokes and fun for a second (sorry!) - Iger and Tom Staggs were at Via Napoli about an hour ago.

All this sighting is raising an interesting question: what's the protocol for meeting famous Disney execs anyway? If Staggs and Iger were sitting at the table next to me at Chefs de France, am I allowed to ask them for a photo? :lol: :lookaroun

AEfx

Eisner had a drive and passion for creativity. Iger is just in it for the money...plain and simple for the money...for personal money, for revenue for the company. We're walking on dangerous territory with Iger at the helm.

I gotta disagree with this.

Not about Eisner (I'm not educated enough on that topic), but Iger has been pretty amazing so far, in my opinion.

When I think about where we were just four or five years ago, and the positive changes that have happened, I'm pleased with Iger. I also like his style.

If FLE was happening under the last watch, we'd have seen a few princess tents put up over the old 20K space and they'd have done an 18-month long "celebration" about it.

While he isn't involved intimately with the parks, he seems a heck of a lot more knowledgeable and is sending things in a different direction - which is very pleasing for many of us.

misterID

Man, I asked if Staggs was with Iger like 500 Iger jokes ago. Thanks for posting.

If Staggs is there too, this is really interesting.

I think I'm getting hopeful...:lookaroun

WDWFigment

I do have a photo, but it was sent to me by a friend, and I don't know if I have permission to post it.

If it helps at all, both Staggs and Iger were dressed almost EXACTLY THE SAME, wearing blue and white checked gingham shirts. Although I suppose I could have made that up, too! ;)

Seriously, they were at Via Napoli last night with a few other guys, standing right by the three ovens. In matching outfits.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom