News Bob Iger outlines the need to transform the Walt Disney Company resulting in 7000 job losses and $5.5 billion in cost savings

Disstevefan1

A lot of negativity lately.

Can we get @MisterPenguin in here to post his usual charts showing that everything is going great?
IgerReorg.jpg

Piebald

I'm not sure how people can afford central Florida anymore. I have a west coast salary working remote and my wife works for one of the few great companies in the area.

Just the privilege of even going to look for houses right now is high (if you're not able to drop everything and go, you miss out on like 99% of homes for sale)

I've lost track of the Disney people moving to Lake Nona? Is that still a thing? If they come with even 80% of their salaries (I'm basing on the salaries they threw out when they were recruiting me)they will eat everybody alive out here assuming anyone local can still even afford a house

Disneyland68

Of course.

And right now Florida's politics are targeting unimportant things while ignoring important things, like cost of living.
Aloha,
That’s a head scratcher. Are you serious? California’s crime, taxes, cost of living, drug use, illegal immigrants, etc…are destroying a once great and beautiful state. People are leaving California because of the negative consequences of its politics.

fgmnt

Aloha,
That’s a head scratcher. Are you serious? California’s crime, taxes, cost of living, drug use, illegal immigrants, etc…are destroying a once great and beautiful state. People are leaving California because of the negative consequences of its politics.
Florida definitely has more violent crime per Capita than California. Might need to turn off the tube.

Drdcm

Florida definitely has more violent crime per Capita than California. Might need to turn off the tube.
Now I don’t usually call ppl out on here, but this statement is nonsense. Numerous data sources show you’re wrong… In fact, I cannot find a single one to back up this statement.

Now whether or not this is a reason people would move, is an entirely different issue.

Edit: I actually quite like CA and would by no means say it’s unsafe.

Vegas Disney Fan

The last report from the FBI was 2020 but…

FL violent crime per 100,000 was 383 (25th)
CA violent crime per 100,000 was 442 (16th)

(Looks like DrD and OG are faster than me.)

I’m guessing we all went searching because we had the same reaction to the post… “that can’t be right”. Lol.

Last edited:

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Aloha,

Dead serious. There's been several articles published about it.

At the end of the day, people speak with their wallets.

Florida's crime is bad, undocumented immigrants are everywhere, drug use is everywhere. But it's cheaper than California and very affordable with California salaries

denyuntilcaught

Aloha,
Edit: I actually quite like CA and would by no means say it’s unsafe.
I concur with Drdcm. I live in CA - DTLA in fact - and love living here. I've always thought it's funny how the "California is being destroyed!" rhetoric has been going on for three decades at this point but yet here we are, still here. The state is far from perfect, but CA isn't the dumpster fire several news pundits like to make it seem. You'd have to head to the south for that. ;)

John park hopper

M

Florida's crime is bad, undocumented immigrants are everywhere, drug use is everywhere. But it's cheaper than California and very affordable with California salaries
My sons live in the panhandle of Florida and it is a totally different from Orlando and south Florida. You can't generalize about the whole state

Vegas Disney Fan

As the primary factor I agree, economy and cost of living are most peoples #1 consideration when moving.

Things like crime, homelessness, weather, politics, taxes, etc are secondary factors… they can be the straw that broke the camels back though and cause a move or prevent a place from making the list of potential places to move to.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
As the primary factor I agree, economy and cost of living are most peoples #1 consideration when moving.

Things like crime, homelessness, weather, politics, taxes, etc are secondary factors… they can be the straw that broke the camels back though and cause a move or prevent a place from making the list of potential places to move to.

Cost of living is the primary consideration of us leaving Florida.

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom