News Bob Iger outlines the need to transform the Walt Disney Company resulting in 7000 job losses and $5.5 billion in cost savings

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well, this just happened.

I bet it’s mostly to can her pay off the books…
But also to scapegoat the Florida thing a bit (Bob is a sweatered weasel)
And also because they are starting to run marvel into the ground (Bob is a sweatered weasel)

…lovely. She got pink slipped on a Friday after about $20,000,000 in box office. I bet she texted James Gunn on the way to the parking lot - after they seized her Disneyland main gate.

…now if you REALLY want to save some money, Bob…meet me at the presidio and we’ll dump some salary 👍🏻

KeithVH

I bet it’s mostly to can her pay off the books…
But also to scapegoat the Florida thing a bit (Bob is a sweatered weasel)
And also because they are starting to run marvel into the ground (Bob is a sweatered weasel)

…lovely. She got pink slipped on a Friday after about $20,000,000 in box office. I bet she texted James Gunn on the way to the parking lot - after they seized her Disneyland main gate.

…now if you REALLY want to save some money, Bob…meet me at the presidio and we’ll dump some salary 👍🏻

???

1679346493174.png

Bob???

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
It’s a lame-o slow ride with terrible IP…that doesn’t work half the time.

I’ll just let all the “PR pumping” of it die down and we’ll revisit down the road. Y’all have been “well trained” here.
Speaking of not working half the time, how would you like to pay $50 for 2 people to ride it like I did yesterday and half the ride doesn’t work (bypassed the first motion simulator where you’re standing and went through a side door instead). Just awesome 🤦🏼‍♂️

That doesn’t count how many times Tower and other rides went down throughout the day while RnRC is out of commission too.

Also doesn’t how my daughters $30 magicband couldn’t connect. Guests relations couldn’t fix it but I did after doing some googling last night.

Magical

Last edited:

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
They do not pay well…at all. But I have no idea what that looks like in todays terms?
The pair of WDI creatives in my drinking crew have six figure salaries, but they are more senior/leaders who have been with the company for a long time AND moved to Florida with California salaries.

They're far from the norm.

JoeCamel

Speaking of not working half the time, how would you like to pay $50 for 2 people to ride it like I did yesterday and half the ride doesn’t work (bypassed the first motion simulator where you’re standing and went through a side door instead). Just awesome 🤦🏼‍♂️

That doesn’t count how many times Tower and other rides went down throughout the day while RnRC is out of commission too.

Also doesn’t how many daughters $30 magicband couldn’t connect. Guests relations couldn’t fix it but I did after doing some googling last night.

Magical
when did I put my signature on here? I bet steve could tell

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The pair of WDI creatives in my drinking crew have six figure salaries, but they are more senior/leaders who have been with the company for a long time AND moved to Florida with California salaries.

Tell them watch out for the pink slips as Bob tries to suck up to Wall Street and save his ego

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Also doesn’t how many daughters $30 magicband couldn’t connect. Guests relations couldn’t fix it but I did after doing some googling last night.

Magical
I have a piece of advice that’s gonna help all this: stay home 😎

TP2000

Makes me wonder if this was a
I can take a stab at what percentage of each of these things this was;

cost savings decision,
20%

Marvel struggling on Disney+ decision,
30%

Florida campus decision,
10%

social messaging dispute decision
40%

or some combination of some or all of those things.

So many variables beyond just “work”.

The fact that she publicly shamed her own Company over politically popular stuff going on in a state 3,000 miles away where she doesn't vote or live or work was probably the straw that broke the camel's back. And made it easier to pull the plug on her messy messaging, and career.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
I think a thoughtful retheme makes that, falcon and some of the support lands a real destination - like potter - and not just crowd filler because of lack of capacity - which it currently is…

We mostly agree…see above.

But even without an ip that reeks like last weeks tuna and pays homage to awful, unwatchable movies…

The ride just is dull.

The at at room is just statues…the gun ports are cool - if they work…the preshow is neat, but the 300 lb “soldiers” really don’t work…and the 12 second sim (if that) doesn’t really raise the cockles at all…and the ren is so clunky. It’s more witch than shaman

So they say it’s the best ride ever. That’s the hook. If you’ve trekked the world looking for parks…it’s your realm. Though I’ve been to some of the same spots, I tend to try to be a little more middle of the road.

I still think flight of passage is the best ride currently to get you to a place. Other than some “classics” - of course.

I think rise is a case of “less than the sum of its parts”…like test track
Honestly, after riding it twice since you said that, I agree with you more. It’s still amazing (and with pre-shows it’s nuts), but it doesn’t have the best re-ridability since it’s so dependent on big reveals.

At Disneyland, Indiana Jones Adventure is definitely my personal favorite. Never gets old.

Lilofan

A $700K 1K square ft 2 bed/2 bath condo in Anaheim will get you better digs in Central Florida for that price.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I can take a stab at what percentage of each of these things this was;

20%

30%

10%

40%

The fact that she publicly shamed her own Company over politically popular stuff going on in a state 3,000 miles away where she doesn't vote or live or work was probably the straw that broke the camel's back. And made it easier to pull the plug on her messy messaging, and career.
…ehhhh…

…it doesn’t really matter what Florida “does”…no large public company is going to “align” with the nonsense they spin up each day as it currently stands.
It makes no business sense. The demographics driving that train are not who you cater too…

You’re probably dead on with the rest of your analysis…but the last part is irrelevant.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
A $700K 1K square ft 2 bed/2 bath condo in Anaheim will get you better digs in Central Florida for that price.
If your point is real estate is cheaper in central florida…nobody ever disputed that.

That’s why it’s been a fixed income magnet for 60 years.

But the day to day cost of living is not that much different than anywhere. Gas and groceries are same…electricity is bonkers…entertainment is higher because of tourism…

And as well established: the infrastructure blows. Pretty easy social dichotomy: old people come because of low taxes, so they show up and are 101% fine with crappy schools and services because of low taxes…and they are ok with low wages to feed them the blue plate special…

“I done already paid mine! 😡

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom