News Bob Iger outlines the need to transform the Walt Disney Company resulting in 7000 job losses and $5.5 billion in cost savings

Vegas Disney Fan

M

My sons live in the panhandle of Florida and it is a totally different from Orlando and south Florida. You can't generalize about the whole state

This is true even on a city level.

The random exit you choose to get gas in most cities will determine your view of the city. Exit 1 may be the rich part of town where everything is spotless and new, exit 2 might be the hood, exit 3 might be endless suburbia.

Bender123

I concur with Drdcm. I live in CA - DTLA in fact - and love living here. I've always thought it's funny how the "California is being destroyed!" rhetoric has been going on for three decades at this point but yet here we are, still here. The state is far from perfect, but CA isn't the dumpster fire several news pundits like to make it seem. You'd have to head to the south for that. ;)

Its very dependent on where you are...LA feels downright sane compared to the nightmare in San Francisco. Was in LA in January and was amazed that almost to the person, LA people I met said "Dont go to San Francisco...that place is a nightmare." The atmosphere difference between the LA and the region vs San Francisco is stark. The difference of San Fransico 15 years ago, versus now, is almost insane. LA, however, doesnt feel different at all.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
M

My sons live in the panhandle of Florida and it is a totally different from Orlando and south Florida. You can't generalize about the whole state

I don't disagree that there are decent parts of the state, but these statistics are at a state level, because that's what's being discussed: California vs Florida - not individual metros.

Last edited:

mkt

Premium Member
This is true even on a city level.

The random exit you choose to get gas in most cities will determine your view of the city. Exit 1 may be the rich part of town where everything is spotless and new, exit 2 might be the hood, exit 3 might be endless suburbia.
But no one was discussing it on a city level or on a metro level, they were discussing it on a state level.

And for every Beverly Hills or Coral Gables you have, there's a Compton or Brownsville to offset it.

Disstevefan1

Fixed it -
iger2023.jpg

fgmnt

Florida definitely has more violent crime per Capita than California. Might need to turn off the tube.
Sorry everyone, got backwards with violent crime rate and murder rate. I do believe last place I looked had California at a lower murder and gun death rate than Florida, but not overall violent crime.

Lilofan

M

Jimmy Buffett who has amassed a fortune and has homes on the East Coast and West Coast openly is proud to say he loves to vacation in LA. Not Cali LA, but Lower Alabama.

mkt

Premium Member
Jimmy Buffett who has amassed a fortune and has homes on the East Coast and West Coast openly is proud to say he loves to vacation in LA. Not Cali LA, but Lower Alabama.
I think Alabama is a genuinely beautiful state, have traveled all over the state, and have many good memories of going there for work.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That’s his schtick…
Which is why he made so much money.

You think every country singer loves Nashville THAT much or really wants a horse ranch in a Texas dustbowl?

“Image” is everything

Vegas Disney Fan

Sorry everyone, got backwards with violent crime rate and murder rate. I do believe last place I looked had California at a lower murder and gun death rate than Florida, but not overall violent crime.
According to the FBI murder per 100k report FL ranks 25th at 5.9, CA 27th at 5.6.

Both below the national rate of 6.5, in large part thanks to states like Louisiana at 15.8 🤦🏼‍♂️.

Drdcm

Not go go back to this, but want to give credit where it is deserved when I was rude and confrontational. You are absolutely correct that FL has a higher murder rate than CA.

Edit: @Vegas Disney Fan darn you beat me to it! Lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom