News Bob Iger outlines the need to transform the Walt Disney Company resulting in 7000 job losses and $5.5 billion in cost savings

Disstevefan1

I refuse to believe Lake Nona is a real place.
Snap 2023-03-21 at 16.47.16.png

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
According to the FBI murder per 100k report FL ranks 25th at 5.9, CA 27th at 5.6.

Both below the national rate of 6.5, in large part thanks to states like Louisiana at 15.8 🤦🏼‍♂️.
And simple logic would say “more people = more murder”

It’s biology.

So the real question is why is it ONLY 25 and 27?

It should be 1 and 3/4

DCBaker

Premium Member
Report from Deadline on the upcoming layoffs.

"With Disney’s April 3 shareholder meeting — a virtual affair this year — less than two weeks away, some clarity is emerging about the company’s plans to reduce staff and cut costs.

Insiders tell Deadline that multiple rounds of cuts are being prepared. The first one is being targeted for next week, we hear. (March 30 or 31 have been floated as possible dates, but that has not been confirmed.) According to sources, there will be a big wave in late April, described as “the big one” or a “bloodbath,” when a large portion of the cuts are expected to come.

Information varies on a potential third round of layoffs. Some say it might come between the one in late March and the one in late April, while others note that it could follow the one in late April if it’s deemed necessary. Disney declined to comment."

-----

"Following his promise to investors, Iger is determined to make a “statement” in the coming weeks, one insider says.

The cuts are expected to be spread across the company’s three divisions, Entertainment, ESPN and Parks, Experiences and Products, with marketing and distribution — including the disbanded Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution unit — among the business areas ripe for consolidation. Virtually every part of the sprawling Entertainment division is expected to be impacted in a meaningful way. There have been rumors about potential significant cuts at Hulu as well as sister studios ABC Signature and 20th Television, both on the business and content side. Despite rampant speculation about the two major TV studios potentially merging operations in some form, that still does not appear to be imminent.

ESPN, which is now its own distinct corporate division, also is being scrutinized. While it has thinned its ranks in recent years as pay-TV distribution has fallen from a peak of 100 million households in 2011 to about 74 million, the sports power at the same time is confronting a steady rise in rights fees. Stephen A. Smith, one of ESPN’s top personalities, recently noted that the network is “going to have cuts coming.” He addressed the topic on a recent episode of his podcast, Know Mercy, which is produced outside of Disney by Audacy’s Cadence13. “Hell, for all I know, I might be one of them,” mused Smith, who reportedly makes more than $13 million a year for hosting First Take, among many other roles. “Now, I doubt that. But it’s possible. No one knows.”"

Full article below.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Report from Deadline on the upcoming layoffs.

"With Disney’s April 3 shareholder meeting — a virtual affair this year — less than two weeks away, some clarity is emerging about the company’s plans to reduce staff and cut costs.

Insiders tell Deadline that multiple rounds of cuts are being prepared. The first one is being targeted for next week, we hear. (March 30 or 31 have been floated as possible dates, but that has not been confirmed.) According to sources, there will be a big wave in late April, described as “the big one” or a “bloodbath,” when a large portion of the cuts are expected to come.

Information varies on a potential third round of layoffs. Some say it might come between the one in late March and the one in late April, while others note that it could follow the one in late April if it’s deemed necessary. Disney declined to comment."

-----

"Following his promise to investors, Iger is determined to make a “statement” in the coming weeks, one insider says.

The cuts are expected to be spread across the company’s three divisions, Entertainment, ESPN and Parks, Experiences and Products, with marketing and distribution — including the disbanded Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution unit — among the business areas ripe for consolidation. Virtually every part of the sprawling Entertainment division is expected to be impacted in a meaningful way. There have been rumors about potential significant cuts at Hulu as well as sister studios ABC Signature and 20th Television, both on the business and content side. Despite rampant speculation about the two major TV studios potentially merging operations in some form, that still does not appear to be imminent.

ESPN, which is now its own distinct corporate division, also is being scrutinized. While it has thinned its ranks in recent years as pay-TV distribution has fallen from a peak of 100 million households in 2011 to about 74 million, the sports power at the same time is confronting a steady rise in rights fees. Stephen A. Smith, one of ESPN’s top personalities, recently noted that the network is “going to have cuts coming.” He addressed the topic on a recent episode of his podcast, Know Mercy, which is produced outside of Disney by Audacy’s Cadence13. “Hell, for all I know, I might be one of them,” mused Smith, who reportedly makes more than $13 million a year for hosting First Take, among many other roles. “Now, I doubt that. But it’s possible. No one knows.”"

Full article below.

…lovely

flynnibus

Premium Member
With all these years of acquisitions and so many kingdoms in their content world... I'm sure there is plenty of meat to cut at for a long time. Remember also that Disney is global.. which always provides escape routes for retreating from local presences, etc.

I think it's more a question of how lean does Disney think they really are or not?

djkidkaz

How much of this will affect the parks? It wasn’t long ago that Disney cut 30,000 jobs from covid. From my understanding they are still struggling to fill leadership roles due to many not returning after those layoffs took place. You also have an entire water park that appears it’s going to be closed for the summer, most likely due to staffing issues.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom