News Bob Iger outlines the need to transform the Walt Disney Company resulting in 7000 job losses and $5.5 billion in cost savings

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Adobe just released a very detailed consumer study showing how higher priced goods/brands are being dumped and lower end are gaining as money tightens…

Across all sectors/categories…

…I can’t think of any companies off the top of my head that could be bad for🤔

Bob sez...

This Is Fine GIF

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Adobe just released a very detailed consumer study showing how higher priced goods/brands are being dumped and lower end are gaining as money tightens…

Across all sectors/categories…

…I can’t think of any companies off the top of my head that could be bad for🤔
share that link friend?

ToTBellHop

I’ve noticed longer lines for Jungle Cruise, so I guess layoffs have arrived for the skippers who make 6-figures. Honestly, it’s past-due. The jokes are more tired than the sleeping zebra I saw on my last cruise and I think after 51 years, they just take guests for granite. I hope future, $15/hr skippers are given a crash course and then allowed to wing it a bit.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’ve noticed longer lines for Jungle Cruise, so I guess layoffs have arrived for the skippers who make 6-figures. Honestly, it’s past-due. The jokes are more tired than the sleeping zebra I saw on my last cruise and I think after 51 years, they just take guests for granite. I hope future, $15/hr skippers are given a crash course and then allowed to wing it a bit.
Careful what you wish for…

The overall CM quality has declined over time as they “culled” those that are abstractly overpaid.

But they served a purpose. They are the “brass ring” that was in your face and gave you a reason to keep chugging.

Workplace psychology

Disstevefan1

I agree. Let’s close this down and re theme it into another Moana attraction as we need more of those.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Careful what you wish for…

The overall CM quality has declined over time as they “culled” those that are abstractly overpaid.

But they served a purpose. They are the “brass ring” that was in your face and gave you a reason to keep chugging.

Workplace psychology

Its a race to the bottom to cull labor "bloat" eliminating all high tenure and replace with less expensive workers. Not a desirable workforce mixture.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’ve been trying to find it as well. I don’t necessarily trust main stream news organizations to accurately interpret data supplied by someone else.

This goes across all news organizations unless I can see the data myself.
I hear that…don’t trust the spin machine blindly…

But on something like this? Given the conditions?

Probably don’t need a deep dive

Tha Realest

They may want to hurry with those cuts, if this futures data portends what’s to come. Those times that followed were decidedly dark days for our country, it’s economy, and theme parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom