News Bob Iger is back! Chapek is out!!

BlakeW39

Does anyone remember that moment in the first Guardians of the Galaxy film where Drax finally gets to see Ronan defeated, but his first response is basically just, "It doesn't matter. It's really Thanos I need to kill." Okay that's how I felt when I woke up to Chapek being replaced by Iger. Chapek is just a lackey...it's really Iger I need to see gone.

Last edited:

GimpYancIent

A picture speaks a thousand words.
1683247635638.png

Captain Neo

It’s sad that Disney has fallen back to the same situation it was in exactly 20 years ago with a loser CEO who refuses to leave that has destroyed any shred of uniqueness or creativity in the parks . Just trying to squeeze every penny left from the consumer just to get through another Wall Street earnings quarter so he can get a fatter payday

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It’s sad that Disney has fallen back to the same situation it was in exactly 20 years ago with a loser CEO who refuses to leave that has destroyed any shred of uniqueness or creativity in the parks . Just trying to squeeze every penny left from the consumer just to get through another Wall Street earnings quarter so he can get a fatter payday
And fans seem to be slow on the consensus take that is EXACTLY what we got…

Maybe worse actually because they didn’t chase quarterlies to nearly this level 20 years ago.

That is not what suits Disney…and it never will.

You can’t have quality AND quick stock yield.

Bender123

And fans seem to be slow on the consensus take that is EXACTLY what we got…

Maybe worse actually because they didn’t chase quarterlies to nearly this level 20 years ago.

That is not what suits Disney…and it never will.

You can’t have quality AND quick stock yield.
Bob had some great moves in buying Marvel, Star Wars and Fox...He just seems completely incapable of actually using the tools he has.

Im not really sure why you buy a studio, like Lucasfilm, and then almost completely ignore the content and history you bought, to keep subbing in your "new" version.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Bob had some great moves in buying Marvel, Star Wars and Fox...He just seems completely incapable of actually using the tools he has.

Im not really sure why you buy a studio, like Lucasfilm and then almost completely ignore the content and history youi bought, to keep subbing in your "new" version.

Hubris + “The Patriarchy”
Because he’s more of an egomaniac than Eisner on his worst day?

It’s the obvious truth…we should believe it.

I hammer Iger…but he’s had a lot of success. But that does NOT change that when you’re done…you’re done. And that 15-20 years in entertainment Is plenty to finish the circle.

Bender123

Because he’s more of an egomaniac than Eisner on his worst day?

It’s the obvious truth…we should believe it.

I hammer Iger…but he’s had a lot of success. But that does NOT change that when you’re done…you’re done. And that 15-20 years in entertainment Is plenty to finish the circle.
He is a businessman...despite his "awwww shucks" look, he is a straight up numbers guy. I just get the feeling that he is either the most incompetent creative leader in Disney History or has absolutely no control over the creatives and let them take over with their politics and values.

Its been proven time and again that Disney is best run by a creative mind, with a strong suit riding shotgun to keep the finances in line. Iger is a stocks first type of guy with a total disconnect from the customers, but his ability to coast on nostalgia has juuuuuuust gotten him enough to get away with the game. His return has showed he has nothing to offer and exposed almost every problem as being his own making.

celluloid

At least then we got The Disney Decade plus extras out of the deal. Ending with big In house Imagineering iP items like Mission Space, Everest and some of the best themed hotels around.

Now we are left with DVC towers, tired theatrical releases, terrible park upkeep and Genie Plus.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom