News Bob Iger is back! Chapek is out!!

Chip Chipperson

wwe has been in the news this week…

The Saudi thing was I believe from PWW?

The Saudi deal was an example of Twitter Gone Wild. 1 tweet from an unreliable source because people panicked at the news of Vince returning and his daughter stepping down, and then people accepted it as fact and started connecting dots that may or may not be there. In any event, the odds of a deal being done in 1 day are astronomical, but that didn't stop people from declaring it a done deal because rationality has no place on Twitter.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The Saudi deal was an example of Twitter Gone Wild. 1 tweet from an unreliable source because people panicked at the news of Vince returning and his daughter stepping down, and then people accepted it as fact and started connecting dots that may or may not be there. In any event, the odds of a deal being done in 1 day are astronomical, but that didn't stop people from declaring it a done deal because rationality has no place on Twitter.
I’ve been told it’s more than that…but 100% grain of salt…I know nothing

But it makes alot of sense…they are making forays into western sports after the ridiculous success of LIV…and pro wrestling is a gigantic business that is big in Japan, Korea, Europe, Canada and the US…

We used to call that “NATO”, kids

It fits. Comcast is a way better partner due to its broadcast outlets though stateside

pdude81

I'm not sure they could put Iron Sheik on television, as every time something comes out of his mouth it would be a PR disaster. Imagine casting John Wayne as a talk show host these days. Probably slightly tamer than that.

Kamikaze

I’ve been told it’s more than that…but 100% grain of salt…I know nothing

But it makes alot of sense…they are making forays into western sports after the ridiculous success of LIV…and pro wrestling is a gigantic business that is big in Japan, Korea, Europe, Canada and the US…

We used to call that “NATO”, kids

It fits. Comcast is a way better partner due to its broadcast outlets though stateside
LIV hemorrhages money. The YouTube viewership is horrendous. They pay the golfers way too much. And they won't get a TV deal because the PGA won't allow their partners to have them and have the PGA. Ever.

There is definitely something to the PIF buying WWE. Probably won't come out until after WrestleMania officially. Only one buyer would allow Vince to stay in power, and thats the Saudis. All the other buyers would require Vince leaves because of all his baggage.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
LIV hemorrhages money. The YouTube viewership is horrendous. They pay the golfers way too much. And they won't get a TV deal because the PGA won't allow their partners to have them and have the PGA. Ever.

There is definitely something to the PIF buying WWE. Probably won't come out until after WrestleMania officially. Only one buyer would allow Vince to stay in power, and thats the Saudis. All the other buyers would require Vince leaves because of all his baggage.
LIV wasn’t designed to make money…oligarchies doesn’t file taxes

It was to generate buzz and PR.

Mission: accomplished

Slpy3270

Either hedge funds buying up enough stock as they can to try to forcibly install Peltz on the board or investors liking Mark Parker enough and feeling confident about Iger taking succession seriously, or both.

FWIW, WBD is up on a higher margin, but that stock has already been devalued so much thanks to the disaster of a merger.

(As of now it's back down to $99, but I wouldn't be shocked if it stays around the $90-$100 range until the earnings conference or March.)

fgmnt

My god…that’s where they need an outsider the most

Ops and WDI Is in full on rot…the bobs

They can’t do math
I don’t disagree, i just can’t see them hiring someone outside to run the top of the division. Bringing in someone outside to run American parks or WDI to eventually take on the job is the farthest i could see them go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom