News Bob Iger is back! Chapek is out!!

Lilofan

McCarthy did what people wanted every underling to do in the face of bad leadership... Instead of being just a yes person, she went to the Board and threatened to quit unless they fired Chapek.

So, how's that for action?
When the incoming CEO from the outside or inside came in to replace temporary Iger in 2 years and Christine doesn't resign like Mayer, Staggs and Rasulo who were passed over, it is probable when the new guy comes , the first head on the chopping block would be hers.

Trauma

You might peruse some of the opinions outside of this WDW Magic echo chamber. An alarming majority specifically cite this "woke mentality" as their reason for no longer supporting Disney.
I don’t think this is true. I think it is more nuanced than this anyways.

For example I strongly disagree with the current direction of the company. I am still a DVC member and attend the parks regularly.

I still have Disney plus, however that is only because it’s included in my Hulu subscription.

Movies on the other hand just get avoided.

We use to see every Disney release the weekend it came out, now we don’t. Not even sure if we will go see the new Avatar.

The percentage of people who completely avoid any Disney product at all, like my grandparents who sold their DVC, is small.

I would put it at 10% of the population.

The number of people like me however that pick and choose what to avoid is larger. Disney is already seeing that in recent box office performance.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Laketravis

Majority of what?

You're right, I wasn't very clear with that, and the fact police have apparently issued a warrant for my arrest.

What I meant was when I read current articles about Disney - whether it's stock prices or financial performance or streaming related or (insert topic about Disney here) on Forbes or Market Watch or Barron's or Motley Fool or Facebook or Instagram or (insert other sources here), "most" and what seems like to me a "majority" of the opinions expressed in the comments (which I was referring to in my original post) are statements like "go woke, go broke" or "Canceled my Woke Disney long ago." etc.......

In fact, here's a link to the first one I just pulled up - I'm sure the fact police can easily count the number of comments and issue another arrest warrant for semantics violations but my point is outside their own comfort zone the number of comments I see about people "leaving" Disney because they say Disney is "woke" can't be ignored:

Just from that link:

1670599640544.png

pdude81

You're right, I wasn't very clear with that, and the fact police have apparently issued a warrant for my arrest.

What I meant was when I read current articles about Disney - whether it's stock prices or financial performance or streaming related or (insert topic about Disney here) on Forbes or Market Watch or Barron's or Motley Fool or Facebook or Instagram or (insert other sources here), "most" and what seems like to me a "majority" of the opinions expressed in the comments (which I was referring to in my original post) are statements like "go woke, go broke" or "Canceled my Woke Disney long ago." etc.......

In fact, here's a link to the first one I just pulled up - I'm sure the fact police can easily count the number of comments and issue another arrest warrant for semantics violations but my point is outside their own comfort zone the number of comments I see about people "leaving" Disney because they say Disney is "woke" can't be ignored:

Just from that link:

View attachment 684052
The majority of comments on financial blogs and news websites are not necessarily respective of the views of the majority of human beings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom