News Bob Iger is back! Chapek is out!!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Apple should be in DS with Disney only phone covers watch straps special mac book covers and screen savers that you can only get there, i think it would make sense, plus apple to look at the play pavilion see what they and imaginers can come up with , for me its a win win.i never understood why apple isn't in Disney springs.
They don’t do specialized merch much anymore…they just don’t want to limit scale when it can be shipped by bezos’s robots and drones en masse 24 hours a day.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I could see magical express being reinstituted as a really easy PR olive branch.

1. It’s not that Expensive for them
2. Recession
3. It does what it originally did: keeps you off kirkman. That is much more important now than it was when it first was designed. It’s a real threat now and wasn’t then.
I think they’ve torched that bridge with Mears. I’d see them rolling back ILL before bringing back DME.

JusticeDisney

And yet people sure acted that way.

Like who?

Absolutely not. Despite having been disbanded, Iger never actually pivoted away from Strategic Planning and just promoted the likes of Staggs. Tom Staggs was one of the most uncredited shapers of The Walt Disney Company as it existed at the end of Eisner’s tenure and into Iger’s tenure.

Time has already told. The events already transpired.

This comment just makes Cramer look clueless. Parks wasn’t Chapek’s area of expertise. He had absolutely no park experience prior to getting the top job at the parks. If Iger had gotten his way the parks wouldn’t be a thing for Cramer to talk about and there’s no evidence he truly sees them as an area of potential growth.
You clearly misunderstood my post. We were talking about what may or may not happen going forward. Unless you have a crystal ball or some sort of magical powers….. 🤣

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think they’ve torched that bridge with Mears. I’d see them rolling back ILL before bringing back DME.
It would cost them more - sure - but it never cost them that much to begin. I know Iger was around/involved…but I bet he didn’t really love that move. Chapek also boned the spin - which was his speciality. He basically said “you do it” and blamed Uber.

Somewhere in revenue…I’d be shocked if there wasn’t a correlation between a decline in on property room sales tracking and magical express pushing people off property. Maybe not huge…but money is money and it hurts ancillary sale streams.

They’re never really “full”…and you can’t blame Covid anymore. I do hear a grumble from the ghosts of work past still occasionally.

Mark Dunne

Great stuff, I think magical express return in some way , listen the trouble in the parks and latest fights etc, are major concerns for Disney , I think the price hikes will drop down, and bring harmony back , cheapek was far to cold in his decisions, and left thousands angry, when you do that you change the fans, then they turn to castmebers in there frustration , dropping ME was a disaster for them, especially as bright line was cancelled through Disney , welcome back Bob 👍

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You clearly misunderstood my post. We were talking about what may or may not happen going forward. Unless you have a crystal ball or some sort of magical powers….. 🤣
we have 18 years of documented pattern from someone who got WAY too much credit for running a mediocre parks operation to act like there’s a clean slate now.
So we all should be very reserved in our optimism/praise until we see some evidence of change.

He mostly packed parks/raised prices and overloaded dvc in Orlando.

But I do like the springs restaurants -
So at least there’s that 👍🏻

JusticeDisney

we have 18 years of documented pattern from someone who got WAY too much credit for running a mediocre parks operation to act like there’s a clean slate now.
So we all should be very reserved in our optimism/praise until we see some evidence of change.

He mostly packed parks/raised prices and overloaded dvc in Orlando.

But I do like the springs restaurants -
So at least there’s that 👍🏻
Oh, I agree with all of that. I still think he’s a huge upgrade from Chapek, though. Then again, I also don’t believe WDW is even remotely as bad as so many people here seem to think it is, so there’s that too, lol!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Oh, I agree with all of that. I still think he’s a huge upgrade from Chapek, though. Then again, I also don’t believe WDW is even remotely as bad as so many people here seem to think it is, so there’s that too, lol!
It was 100% the right move to fire Slaphead…I’ve been calling for it since day one and it happened. It’s a relief.

However this is just the shock moment…it can’t fall into another 10 years of Iger and the Hollywood reporters love affair with him…

As a shareholder, longtime fan, high spending patron and - much to everyone’s chagrin - a historian/expert on this company (I know…but sadly you know it’s true…)…I EXPECT them to do what the presser says and find the right management to take over and evolve the longterm strategy.

That’s what they said…now JUST DO IT, Nike!

no need for ego stroking “will he or won’t he?” With an old man…again

MrPromey

Apple should be in DS with Disney only phone covers watch straps special mac book covers and screen savers that you can only get there, i think it would make sense, plus apple to look at the play pavilion see what they and imaginers can come up with , for me its a win win.i never understood why apple isn't in Disney springs.

Why does Apple need to be doing this?

As an Apple customer, I think it would be cool. It would add a coolness factor for Disney, too and having an onsite Genius Bar to handle cracked screens and such would be a plus for Disney and traveling guests but what's in it for Apple that they don't already have?

I'm pretty sure Disney has the available retails space to rent out so they're not the ones you really need to convince for this kind of thing and if Apple thinks it'll benifit them, I'm pretty sure they'll be there.

Last edited:

jpeden

In the Parks
No

Mears is a business, and if they can lock in and guarantee an income stream from a stable source like TWDC, I promise they'll build that bridge back no matter how bad it was burned. You don't turn down guaranteed revenue in the hospitality and tourism industry, especially when you're facing a recession.

GimpYancIent

Chapek was awful.

In a year or so, I think a lot of us are going to wish Chapek was back.

“This is not going to go the way you think.”
Second chances do not come very often B.I. has been handed a second chance. Clearly, he has a greater level of intellect, style and craftiness than B.C. now to show it and not squander this opportunity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom