News Bob Iger is back! Chapek is out!!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sad memories of the Buffalo Bills getting to the Super Bowl 4 years in a row losing every single time.
I have them and the Niners this year…

But I was talking about this guy:

1673703564332.jpeg

…which is actually perfect for the Iger comparison.

The National media LOVES him. All praise. Like casual Iger fans.
The locals know he has won 3 playoff games in 12 years…all to backup qbs.

Based on results…should have been fired a few years ago. That…is Iger

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
At the end of the day…the board needs to be swept…

It’s all tech mouthpieces from the Iger/jobs era that are way to comfortable and let him rule…

And their execs are more trash than they were in the Eisner revolt.

McCarthy has to go…so does d’amaro…there there from a bad period/culture and you have to pivot.

The proxy is gonna push for new board and execs from the outside. And considering how dismal their outlook is going into a recession using lake buena vista as a crutch? I don’t know how you do more damage with changes?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Why would you cheer for the very people that are responsible for the company being in such a precarious position? And set aside that issue - look at how they’ve let the parks and resorts languish over that time.
That’s where he loses me too…

Wha?…theyre the ones that lead them to the wall. It wasn’t chapek at all. He was the Oswald in this scheme…as they dropped casually in the clip and are 99.9% chance of being correct.

Chrissy should have DOA monogrammed into her dalmation skinned pumps today…
She’s out. Just doesn’t know it yet

Probably Tighties too…how those cya “changes” going?
He messed up. He should have quit in protest and made a show over genie and the fees…
Now he’s the getaway driver/lookout:

Peltz is a clown but not a stupid one. Everything released is crafted toward an agenda.

Even the date was.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Oh absolutely.

I am a very, very (very) long way from being an Iger fan.

But, I want considered reform, not to burn the house down with an activist investor firm.

Once we've seen off Peltz, we can shread our newly printed Bob, Christine, and that chap Mark T Shirts, and resume business as usual.
So in saying you’re not an Iger fan…you show that by supporting giving him carte Blanche as far as investor relations go during the assault?

Did I read that right? Be careful with your neck, dude 😎

Let me explain it this was: there’s a very good example of why that won’t work. It involves George Mitchell and Roy the Magician. Do you recall?

NotCalledBob

So in saying you’re not an Iger fan…you show that by supporting giving him carte Blanche as far as investor relations go during the assault?

Did I read that right? Be careful with your neck, dude 😎

Let me explain it this was: there’s a very good example of why that won’t work. It involves George Mitchell and Roy the Magician. Do you recall?

Why? Because...

As much as I want to see the back of Iger. I never want to see the parks separated from the studios.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We don't know exactly what's happening behind the scenes. -- Good.

But I'll give you my hot takes parroting commentary I found on the internet. -- Bad.
Yeah…his takes are all over the map.

When you say “that will be good for parks…” 167 times…a first year psych student will tell you it’s self soothing…

But the numbers are the problem here…the fox, D+, debt, outlay numbers aren’t crazy. Very damning. And that’s what is gonna matter here.

Watch out for BlackRock…just saying

SpectreJordan

just think if Disney was still as creative as they once were... they wouldn't have needed to buy so much "other" stuff (or make all these live action remakes / reboots of previous films and bomb out with most of the new movies)

Disney was never good at live action content. Buying Marvel & Lucasfilm (Maybe Fox? Only success there so far is Avatar, but we'll see) has helped them out tremendously in that area. They wouldn't be able to have a successful streaming service with just animation.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I said right from the beginning of this mess that Rhode left BECAUSE of what happened and saw the writing on the wall. Put him on the creative side and a Roy type of numbers person in charge of the financials and let them run with it.
Rhode left because he was informed capex was going to be strangled…and his services would not be “rewarded” as they had been prior.

That’s my theory.

There is one Person on this board that can probably get the goods.

Lilofan

Let Skinny jeans move up to CEO and bring back Matt Ouimet.
Matt left Disney when he thought the grass was greener on the other side and joined Starwood Hotels and soon afterwards was a lay off victim of the 2008/09 recession. Who knows if he would have stayed at Disney and did not chase the money.

Jrb1979

I’m gonna be dumb here and go with the obvious:
They need multiple people with specialties for their divisions…and most if not all must be from outside.

Sometimes dumb is just dumb enough to work
I don't see that happening unless they change all the people on the board. Personally I think this downward spiral is going to continue for awhile.
Matt left Disney when he thought the grass was greener on the other side and joined Starwood Hotels and soon afterwards was a lay off victim of the 2008/09 recession. Who knows if he would have stayed at Disney and did not chase the money.
He's doing well for the Cedar Fair company as executive chairman.

Lilofan

I don't see that happening unless they change all the people on the board. Personally I think this downward spiral is going to continue for awhile.

He's doing well for the Cedar Fair company as executive chairman.
Yes Matt is doing well. After a series of exec jobs he bounced around every few years he found his calling at Cedar Point.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
But now you know the missing piece…

Iger sucks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom