News Bob Iger is back! Chapek is out!!

Disneyfan_76

While I am excited to see Chapek go, I still feel like this is too late. The Disney brand/ park experience has been too damaged at this point. Well, maybe Iger will just go and buy Universal...lol

MrPromey

Dear Fellow Employees and Cast Members,

It is with an incredible sense of gratitude and humility—and, I must admit, a bit of amazement—that I write to you this evening with the news that I am returning to The Walt Disney Company as Chief Executive Officer.

When I look at the creative success of our teams across our Studios, Disney General Entertainment, ESPN and International, the rapid growth of our streaming services, the phenomenal reimagining and rebound of our Parks, the continued great work of ABC News, and so many other achievements across our businesses, I am in awe of your accomplishments and I am excited to embark with you on many new endeavors.

I know this company has asked so much of you during the past three years, and these times certainly remain quite challenging, but as you have heard me say before, I am an optimist, and if I learned one thing from my years at Disney, it is that even in the face of uncertainty—perhaps especially in the face of uncertainty—our employees and Cast Members achieve the impossible.

You will be hearing more from me and your leaders tomorrow and in the weeks ahead. In the meantime, allow me to express my deep gratitude for all that you do. Disney holds a special place in the hearts of people around the globe thanks to you, and your dedication to this company and its mission to bring joy to people through great storytelling is an inspiration to me every single day

Bob Iger

Now why was Bob C incapable of getting someone to write something that sounded half as sincere as that for him?*

*Not saying these weren't Iger's words but whether they were or not isn't really the point. We know C could not write like that which is why an executive in his position should be having someone in PR do that for him. I mean, the company I work for is like 1/100 the size of Disney (probably smaller) and even our CEO has what I can best describe as handlers.

_caleb

Now why was Bob C incapable of getting someone to write something that sounded half as sincere as that for him?*

*Not saying these weren't Iger's words but whether they were or not isn't really the point. We know C could not write like that which is why an executive in his position should be having someone in PR do that for him. I mean, the company I work for is like 1/100 the size of Disney (probably smaller) and even our CEO has what I can best describe as handlers.
It was’t in his programming.

TwilightZone

Imagine if tomorrow, Iger announces like "hey remember all that %$#$% we announced at D23? Yeah we aren't doing that."
Honestly would be better than everything announced there, even though we know that most of it isn't probably going to happening anyways.

fgmnt

I mean to be fair, Strange Worlds follows a formula that is notably unmarketable. Remember treasure planet? Or meet the robinsons? For some reason sci fi disney doesn't do well, no matter who it stars. I am sure that SW will get a good cult following though like those movies do if it doesn't do well in theaters.
To say nothing of Mars Needs Moms, Atlantis (was retro sci-fi/steampunk) and on the live action front, Tron, John Carter, and Tomorrowland... woof, that is quite the pattern. Lilo and Stitch and WALL-E are the exceptions I guess.

I am looking forward to Strange Worlds. It would be great to see something like that reach public salience to the point it could manifest in an attraction. But management has already told me I don't need to rush to buy a ticket.

Much like how Spider-Man NWH and Top Gun 2 brought people back to the theater, Disney needs a Pixar or WDAS feature to do that.

Credit to Iger, I think he will be able to find that more easily than Bob the Lesser.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom