Bob Iger in HS

PeterAlt

Throwing in my cents:

Could the fact that no Avatarland development has happened because Disney is waiting to see how Episode 7 goes and then see if they want to go forward with Star Was or blue monkeys?
Ah, let me think about that for a second. No.

MOXOMUMD

I actually think the Clone Wars cartoon series has been a boon to the franchise and even introduced it to a whole new bunch of fans (today's children).

My DD (7) and I had the chance to talk to Ashley Eckstein at last year's SWW and she said we'd be amazed with the last CW season and her character's fate--which we were. Now I feel like that little girl in the commercial that says "we want more, we want more".

RSoxNo1

Throwing in my cents:

Could the fact that no Avatarland development has happened because Disney is waiting to see how Episode 7 goes and then see if they want to go forward with Star Was or blue monkeys?
Just throwing my two cents. You don't need to wait for Episode 7 to find out of Star Wars is a viable property. Disney put out some limited edition merchandise today that sold out in 5 minutes and then was being re-listed on eBay for a 2600% markup. Yes, Cars Land is wildly popular and young boys love Cars merchandise, but people with disposable income love anything and everything Star Wars, if it's an either/or scenario Disney is brain dead if they opt for Cars Land over Star Wars Land.

PeterAlt

Iger just wants the stock to go up to record levels by 2015 when he steps down and doesn't care what really happens to the company after that date.

InsiderImagine

It's funny how Ricky is completely denying he had any involvement in stirring the pot. He is only claiming that he said Iger was there and did not say anything regarding an announcement. HAHA

Thrill

Throwing in my cents:

Doubtful.

The common-sense answer to the question is that Star Wars is a more marketable franchise. Hence Star Wars merchandise sells, while Avatar merchandise barely exists. At the box office, I see Star Wars 7 outperforming Avatar 2, barring some kind of miracle for Avatar 2 or a disaster with Star Wars Episode 7. Avatar made its money on being one of the earlier 3D movies in the modern era with great visuals. People see movies in 3D, but no one says, "I'll see that only because it's 3D," anymore.

I've read that the Avatar move was not really directed at American audiences. It performed very well overseas.

never getting my hopes up for an "announcement" again unless it's d23

At this point, I'm beginning to question whether that is even reason enough to get any hopes about announcements.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Just throwing my two cents. You don't need to wait for Episode 7 to find out of Star Wars is a viable property. Disney put out some limited edition merchandise today that sold out in 5 minutes and then was being re-listed on eBay for a 2600% markup. Yes, Cars Land is wildly popular and young boys love Cars merchandise, but people with disposable income love anything and everything Star Wars, if it's an either/or scenario Disney is brain dead if they opt for Cars Land over Star Wars Land.

How about the fact that without Disney marketing SW had May The 4th Be With You rampant on twitter and Facebook. I swear my Facebook feed was flooded with it and it was abnormal for that many movie posts. It is just a huge IP, well worth the price paid IMO. Star Wars is perfect property for merch and attractions... Even if they never made Ep7.

twebber55

you dont need to wait until ep 7 but i think they will..the new star wars will be branded in its own way..it will be cool to see what is new

englanddg

One Little Spark...
However with that they had to adhere to Lucas restraints... Now they have free reign to do anything they'd like.

A bus driver once told me that Lucas refused to allow any further development of Star Wars on the parks unless Jar Jar Binks was able to have his own dedicated ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom