Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Not sure if you were around in 2008/09 when Marni was insisting and constantly hinting that DAK was getting a version of Tokyo's Mysterious Island or how the 2007 version of Spaceship Earth opened incomplete and that Disney was going to go in and "complete it" in the "coming months".
Good times. And I'll still stand by that news being correct at that time.

I'll also show you the press release for the Russian and Swiss pavilions. And the Mediteranian Resort.

dumboflyer

Good times. And I'll still stand by that news being correct at that time.

I'll also show you the press release for the Russian and Swiss pavilions. And the Mediteranian Resort.
You wouldn't have any previously-hidden promotional illustrations to go with those press releases, would you?

hopemax

This thread is hilarious. WDW1974 drops some real news and every wannabe under the sun comes in to ride his coat tails going "Oh yea just heard from my sources...good things are a'comin!" and suddenly this thread swells up to 100 pages of fanboy/fangurl hopes and dreams.

For the record, I absolutely believe Spirit as his information is almost always on point and he is one of the most credible people that I've ever known anonymously on the internet. I just find it funny that the same patterns emerge here time after time even after years of Disney under delivering and underwhelming you would imagine most fans would take a wait and see attitude especially since Disney changes/cancels plans at the drop of a dime and one economic disaster could immediately slash funding immediately (as it almost did for the DCA redo project). Plus, new attractions and parking structures aren't going to solve long term problems like poor maintenance of the attractions, not being able to close them on a year round basis for refurbishments, food quality dropping throughout the resort on both coasts, etc. When Disney improves on those things there will be reason to be excited.

I actually wanted to post a similar sentiment. This is a very big and shiny object dropped in front of us. But there are systemic, fundamental issues within Parks & Resorts that a big, shiny object can't solve. On my plane ride, I was reading Sam Genneway's Universal vs Disney book, and I was quite impressed by the capacity numbers for Jurassic Park, MIB, and we've heard good numbers from the Harry Potter attractions too. While Disney has given us Soarin, TSMM, even 7DMT is low in a park that receives 19 million visitors and growing, and Froestrom. So in all this "good" news regarding budget, are we going to be getting some repeatable, people sucking attractions, that can handle at least 2000 people per hour? Are we going to get fun diversions throughout the land that once WDI steps back, and WDW park operations takes over will continue to be maintained. So much of the time, WDI produces cool stuff, but then a few years later, gets ripped out because it's too much work/cost to keep looking fresh. Even in shops like Once Upon a Toy and World of Disney, there were so many neat things to look at, that have been removed a piece at a time. New Fantasyland seems so "plain" to me compared to all the stuff Diagon Alley is filled with, but I can't see WDW ops wanting to deal with anything like that, long term. And it would be a waste of money to spend so much on something, only for it to be removed or not kept working. No one wants to deal with another Yeti situation, do we? We don't even get to keep bird on stick. Why should we believe THIS time, things will be different?

dizneycrazy09

Maybe. Maybe not. Its not his company anymore. Kathleen Kennedy is the head of Lucasfilm these days... and frankly, I'd rather have her being the final sign-off than George Lucas.

As would I. We do NOT need the threat of any JarJar presence in the parks (or any of the prequal triology really).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom