Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

SirLink

So some places on the interwebz are stating the budgets have been placed out to 'key' people are apparently used to 'whip the fanboi' community up in a frenzy on purpose

I know @Lee or @marni1971 or @WDW1974 or @articos would not deliberately spread this stuff. Just quickly is their any truth to this?

hopemax

I wouldn't be surprised. The tone around forum lands the last year or two, is pretty negative at worst, ambivalent at best. So bright shiny objects all around. Can you tell, I'm having trouble getting excited about all of this. I'm not sure it's all coming from the right place "we have a great property, that we can do great things with that will make you happy, and us a lot of money, win-win." I feel more like "managed manipulation." Where's Fox Mulder's "I want to believe" poster and the Cigarette Smoking Man lurking, and pulling strings. How can they get Frozen so wrong, but this will be so right? I don't trust it, other than SW has been so big, for so long, that it's just easier to hit the target for both marketing/synergy peeps, fanbois, and probably the Imagineers who have been chomping at the bit for something big stateside.

So some places on the interwebz are stating the budgets have been placed out to 'key' people are apparently used to 'whip the fanboi' community up in a frenzy on purpose

I know @Lee or @marni1971 or @WDW1974 or @articos would not deliberately spread this stuff. Just quickly is their any truth to this?

Captain Neo

This would not surprise me at all. The budget is probably $1 billion just like Anaheim is getting which will cover Star Wars land, a new attraction at DCA (marvel themed) and a new parking structure alongside smaller infrastructure improvements.

jakeman

To what end, though?

There's no real benefit from a corporate standpoint. If they are looking to plug leaks, large information like this that is going to spill over each other isn't the way to do it.

Disney doesn't care about the fan community to toy with them to this extent. Given that this is coming from multiple from directions and multiple sources, lends to credence that at this point in time there is a degree of truth to the information.

DDLand

The point is that plans change all the time so there's no point getting excited until construction begins
I have some misgivings about that strategy. Speculation, intrigue, and following rumors is part of the fun of this particular sub forum. I'm getting pretty excited even if there's a possibility things go south. Why be a downer if there's hope?

Especially if some of that hope comes from some really great sources who do their best to give of us everything they can while expecting nothing in return.

Lee

Adventurer

Who's saying that?
Highly unlikely. It's hard to lie about a budget this size.

Now, if we were crowing about actual attractions...that's where you have to be careful.

TalkingHead

But how much of the budget will be allocated for the necessary travel and expenses required to research midi-chlorians in a galaxy far, far away?

That's what we should be asking.

Sorry, but we've gotten to the point with WDW where I'll believe it when I see it. (A bit like Han Solo, no?)

If the budget is this astronomical, then anything less than two E-tickets would have to be a disappointment. Then again, WDI could probably find a way to make a restroom cost $50 million, so maybe I should keep my expectations in check.

PhotoDave219

So there's conspiracy theories on this now?

Dear lord....

Mawg

Wasn't there a rumor awhile back of a new Star Wars themed resort? Just trying to guess what they could possible build with such a large budget. 500-700 mil gets you a nice land, 4 times this gets you 4 new lands? Doesn't seem realistic unless they are going to go through all the parks and fix every attraction and fill all the ones they closed and build a new land. I'm guessing a new resort is included in the budget. (just a guess though).
<-----not an insider

John

What I think happened? 74 did exactly what he said he was going to do.....Pick out four or five people and dole out some info he had.....That doesn't mean I would give any less credence to the info. But its awful strange how the big guns all have "inside" information at the same time. All of them have the same source? Me thinks so.....

PhotoDave219

But how much of the budget will be allocated for the necessary travel and expenses required to research midi-chlorians in a galaxy far, far away?

That's what we should be asking.

Sorry, but we've gotten to the point with WDW where I'll believe it when I see it. (A bit like Han Solo, no?)

If the budget is this astronomical, then anything less than two E-tickets would have to be a disappointment. Then again, WDI could probably find a way to make a restroom cost $50 million, so maybe I should keep my expectations in check.

The breakdowns aren't known at this point.

And yes, I feel the same way here. And Captain Bad Movie from the 90s is right in that it could all unravel tomorrow if a catastrophe happens. I just dont think it will.

So I am trying to manage my own expectations and suggest to others what they should expect.

At this point? We've got a budget, lets wait for earth to move and some other things to leak out.

PhotoDave219

Wasn't there a rumor awhile back of a new Star Wars themed resort? Just trying to guess what they could possible build with such a large budget. 500-700 mil gets you a nice land, 4 times this gets you 4 new lands? Doesn't seem realistic unless they are going to go through all the parks and fix every attraction and fill all the ones they closed and build a new land. I'm guessing a new resort is included in the budget. (just a guess though).
<-----not an insider

Never heard that.....

Alas I think we can all squash any rumors of a new resort, park, gate or hotel. NONE of that is happening.

PhotoDave219

What I think happened? 74 did exactly what he said he was going to do.....Pick out four or five people and dole out some info he had.....That doesn't mean I would give any less credence to the info. But its awful strange how the big guns all have "inside" information at the same time. All of them have the same source? Me thinks so.....

I believe he was being facetious with that.....

And no, my sources are independent of theirs.

John

I believe he was being facetious with that.....

And no, my sources are independent of theirs.

Well you will have to forgive my conjecture......as an outsider one must wonder. From my vantage point it seems like all of the sudden the "insiders" received info about the budget at the same time.

Was he being facetious? Can we ever know?.....its 74 we are talking about here.....LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom