Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

PhotoDave219

Maybe they learned a lesson on past screw ups announcing things to early... Maybe this time they start construction and don't announce anything until it is 18-24 months away from opening. In the meantime they may just give us scraps of what is coming to keep people interested but the big news in waves.

I can see D23 being all about current projects with shovels in the ground. Then a teaser that it is coming but no real details... Maybe a reveal of the new park name but not full models etc.

I think you're right. D23 still may not have much of anything announced.

jt04

Yeah, Disney would never build Star Wars or Indy attractions if it didn't own the properties. o_O

I doubt Disney would have choosen to spend the extra fees for more content in the parks but rather would have developed other in house IPs. I am ecstatic Disney aquired Pixar, Marvel and especially Lucasfilm. Ecstatic! :)

Cesar R M

Maybe they learned a lesson on past screw ups announcing things to early... Maybe this time they start construction and don't announce anything until it is 18-24 months away from opening. In the meantime they may just give us scraps of what is coming to keep people interested but the big news in waves.

I can see D23 being all about current projects with shovels in the ground. Then a teaser that it is coming but no real details... Maybe a reveal of the new park name but not full models etc.
We can all hope, right?
I honestly would be very disappointed if they got into another Pandora moment (where they announced, shovels down) and then took eons to actually go vertical.

CaptainAmerica

I still have yet to hear any SW announcement planned for WDW at D23. Disneyland, yes... thats a distinct possibility yet unconfirmed.

The World? Notsomuch at the moment.
Is that what we're calling this, then? Star Wars specifically? Not DHS expansion featuring Star Wars, or DHS and Epcot expansion featuring Star Wars?

twebber55

you could be right
They have Shanghai, Avatar, and Frozen stuff already being built...they may just focus on those with an announcement for DL star wars
And make some sort of announcement for a DHS rebranding with no specifics and then the next D23 (2017) be all about DHS
exciting times either way
I just want them to acknowledge publicly "yes we are working on DHS"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom