Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

cosmicray

Did I miss something? The budget is approved?
Can't remember which page it was on, but @WDW1974 stated that the budget has indeed been approved over the last few days and it is finally time to see things happen :)

ETA: Not sure if my spelling corrections are showing up in here, every time I try to edit, it disappears the second I reload the page.

Last edited:

articos

Other way around. My understanding that the plans have already been solidified (what they are, IDK) and are being shown to the Board so they can see what they just bought.

Such is my understanding.
You'd be right. Plans would be 90% or better with schedules and budgets prior to getting to the executive office, with the understanding that things change, but there's overhead built in.

Cesar R M

On the timing of announcements... a friend of mine just pointed out that Marvel Studios hasn't booked the main hall at Comic-Con this year. Normally they do a big presentation, and with the new Spider-Man you would have thought the coming together of the Civil War cast would have been the big deal.

So if it's not happening at Comic-Con, that almost certainly means D23 is where it's at. So it seems Disney is looking to push their convention as being much more than just a Disneyana-type fan event, but a rival, competing event on Comic-Con's turf and scale. If that's the case, it makes sense that they would want to save any decent park announcements for then too.
Perhaps they do not want another racial battle in the formal presentation of Miles Morales as the "true" ultimate spiderman (there seems to be a news around, claiming he will definitively replace Peter Parker after the Secret Wars and Battlezone arcs)

Unsure about the new cinematic marvel Peter Parker presentation... but the guy really looks like a young teenager. Good to display Peter on his young self (like the Tv Animated Ultimate adventures)

Also, speaking of cinematic universe. I was wondering.
Now that the entire Xandarian forces were destroyed in the GOTG movie.
I wonder if they will change the Xandar army to be like the comics.
Leaving the space to add the classic NOVA (Richard Rider) or maybe the ultimate kid nova( named Sam Alexander, a kid that would fit the new Spiderman group )

Cesar R M

Those of us closer to the end than the beginning recall a time when something exciting was constantly happening at WDW.

For those of you younger in years, this might very well be the first truly exciting WDW project of your adult lives.

Let's hope this is your chance to experience a little bit of what the 1980s & 1990s were like at WDW.

Enjoy it. Revel in it. :)
indeed, I only had the "joy" of living the tangled potties and the mine train that was bursting at its seams.
and pirates falling apart.

On the good side.. experienced both camp mickey and then the new Harambe area.

That's fine. You aren't required to know who I am. (Just stay away from the bullies on the playground who are out to hurt my BRAND!)

All you need to know is my information is generally second to none, I only speculate when people ask for opinions and I don't tolerate fools well (oh, and I also have no tech savvy, never have owned an Apple product and am dating a high level German official!)
not to burst your bubble Mr. @WDW1974 . But owning apple is not equal to being tech savy.
Kinda the opposite as Apple products tend to be the simplest of the gadgets around.

Matt_Black

Even if they did switch out Miles for Peter, I've been reading comics for too long to believe it will stick. The mainstream media hasn't picked up on the fact that replacements don't last long, though they will, just like they got wise to deaths for big name characters meaning jack squat. Wally West, Kyle Rayner, Ben Reilly, Johnny Walker (yes, there was a redneck Captain America replacement named Johnny Walker), Eric Masterson, etc.

Cesar R M

Interesting points you raise there @Cesar R M
Though I really don't hope for MARVEL Jr.
Also, to expand my point on Miles Morales.

Racism is again showing their bad side.

Every news (that I seen and had comments enabled) that mentioned the Miles Morales status.. was filled with semi racism, hatred and even blatant racism.
Some blasting the "political correctness" for destroying the "white status" of Peter Parker.
Worse when the "meninists" came and blasted THOR being a woman (in the ultimate universe) as well.

culturenthrills

And totally retool or get rid of Fast Pass. And add a few Mega "E"s at the edges of the park that can absorb large crowds.

You know what would help, shows. MK has practically no entertainment. Diamond Horshoe should have a show. Unfortunately they took out the Tomorrowland theater. But what if they built a new theater, wouldn't cost much, for a Tangled musical or import a show from one of the other parks or cruise ships. That could help with get some more people off the walkways. That is one of MK big issues compared to DL. DL has a lot of entertainment but the busiest park in the world has hardly any.

PhotoDave219

indeed, I only had the "joy" of living the tangled potties and the mine train that was bursting at its seams.
and pirates falling apart.

On the good side.. experienced both camp mickey and then the new Harambe area.

not to burst your bubble Mr. @WDW1974 . But owning apple is not equal to being tech savy.
Kinda the opposite as Apple products tend to be the simplest of the gadgets around.

I havent heard anything about D23 overall... other than Its a place I would never want to work and people I would never want to deal with.

Matt_Black

Also, to expand my point on Miles Morales.

Racism is again showing their bad side.

Every news (that I seen and had comments enabled) that mentioned the Miles Morales status.. was filled with semi racism, hatred and even blatant racism.
Some blasting the "political correctness" for destroying the "white status" of Peter Parker.
Worse when the "meninists" came and blasted THOR being a woman (in the ultimate universe) as well.

Oh, I remember when they suggested Donald Glover as Spidey, some were going, "If we cast a black guy as Spidey, why not cast a white man as MLK or Malcolm X?" Because Spidey is a FICTIONAL CHARACTER.

Cesar R M

Other way around. My understanding that the plans have already been solidified (what they are, IDK) and are being shown to the Board so they can see what they just bought.

Such is my understanding.
Question, where they worried by other park investments and growth that they had to finally fire back at full cylinders?
Now I wonder the fate of the hotel rooms. Will they continue being moved to DVC? or will they expand the hotels if WDW is getting more people?

Cesar R M

Even if they did switch out Miles for Peter, I've been reading comics for too long to believe it will stick. The mainstream media hasn't picked up on the fact that replacements don't last long, though they will, just like they got wise to deaths for big name characters meaning jack squat. Wally West, Kyle Rayner, Ben Reilly, Johnny Walker (yes, there was a redneck Captain America replacement named Johnny Walker), Eric Masterson, etc.

Well it depends.
If you followed the Ultimate timeline...
Peter Parker died.. then Miles took the mantle.. but then..
There were clones of Peter (working for Hydra), and Peter was revived somehow..(prior to the SECRET WARS arc).
Then Peter definitively gives the mantle to Miles.

As for the comics... Miles was pretty popular according to some reviews I've seen (including comixology figures)
So no surprise they wanted to give the mantle finally to Miles for the Ultimate Universe.
I'm pretty sure that Peter will keep going on the "Amazing" universe.

Things change.. Girl Thor, New Ms Marvel (girl from India I think, Captain America replaced by his pal The Falcon)..
The Ultimate universe is definitively one of constant change.

As for DC. Yeah, they've killed their characters on regular rates every decade)
They seem to favour a lot the Green lantern guys... I lost count how many times Hal Jordan as died and thenrevived.

PhotoDave219

You know what would help, shows. MK has practically no entertainment. Diamond Horshoe should have a show. Unfortunately they took out the Tomorrowland theater. But what if they built a new theater, wouldn't cost much, for a Tangled musical or import a show from one of the other parks or cruise ships. That could help with get some more people off the walkways. That is one of MK big issues compared to DL. DL has a lot of entertainment but the busiest park in the world has hardly any.

Apparently entertainment seems to be constantly cut to pay for more meet and greets. Ask @asianway , he knows more about it.

Question, where they worried by other park investments and growth that they had to finally fire back at full cylinders?
Now I wonder the fate of the hotel rooms. Will they continue being moved to DVC? or will they expand the hotels if WDW is getting more people?

IDK. I'm not sure if it was on the agenda. Although all WDW infrastructure needs expanding if they're going to Continue growing at this rate, 27% percent overall over 10 years. (64% growth in the past 22 years)

asianway

Apparently entertainment seems to be constantly cut to pay for more meet and greets. Ask @asianway , he knows more about it.

IDK. I'm not sure if it was on the agenda. Although all WDW infrastructure needs expanding if they're going to Continue growing at this rate, 27% percent overall over 10 years. (64% growth in the past 22 years)
One of these days I'll backwards engineer the MK meet n greet budget...when I'm feeling as ambitious as you of course

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom