Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

Progress.City

If investment had of happened 5 years ago as many were demanding it would not have included certain special IP's. So just thank your lucky star wars they waited.

And also that you had me around to explain how it would all happen.

PS- vindicationland is beautiful this time of year

:cool:
Yes, it is. But my mouth is snarkly shut because I see a bigger vindication over the horizon. So, I'll just remain smiling with my mouth wide shut until we get there and there is no doubt. As to what I am talking about, :cool:.

dizneycrazy09

Other way around. My understanding that the plans have already been solidified (what they are, IDK) and are being shown to the Board so they can see what they just bought.

Such is my understanding.

So if the BoD have seen the designs, one of them has to be loose-lipped (or dumb) enough to spill the beans to SOMEONE relatively soon...right? (I'm probably just being greedy because I've waited long enough for something like this dammit. D23 is too long to wait.)

Disneyhead'71

But it's not. It has nothing to do with it. Disney knows that you must invest in the parks, especially in IP at the parks, if they want to grow revenue substantially. They proved it themselves with Carsland at DCA and all Uni is doing is reinforcing what Disney actually started.
If they know they must invest in the parks, why is the park 25 years old with 5 rides?

Steel City Magic

I always enjoy reposting quotes like these, as they are both from extremely reliable sources. And yes I know that things change, but if we can't rely on faux 1%ers and hillbillies, who can we rely on?
Rely on me, you can add biker to the list lol though I know absolutely nothing, but I sure do look like a genius to my friends and family thanks to @marni @Photodave219 and @WDW1974

Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Stop reading and using comprehension skills. Obviously you don't belong here on WDWMagic. You have to make somethign up in your mind, that doesn't exist, and run with it cause that's what is done around here. At least someone read and understood the context of the convo going on.

I mistakenly thought the main topic of this thread was the meeting of Iger and the BOD at WDW. And speculating what was going on in said meeting. Because, as I said, unless some on this thread are (1) Iger himself, (2) a member of the BOD or (3) staff attending the BOD or other Disney employees familiar with the agenda, all of this is pure speculation. And since much of the conversation revolved around renovations to a park that badly needs it and the dollar amount to be budgeted for said renovation, others were asking why? At this time? When it appears management has been ignoring said park for too long. To bring into the discussion suggestions that perhaps new things going on at some other facility in Orlando might be a factor is not off base. Iger wouldn't be a good CEO if he didn't discuss it or think about it. So why is it wrong here?

DGracey

Here we are celebrating what the Board of Directors has approved, but when it will open will be years away?

Why does the lead time and construction time for modern day projects take so long?

I understand things are more complex and technologically advanced, but when one considers Disneyland was built in 18 months and they built Magic Kingdom, Contemporary, Polynesian, the Monorail etc. in 3-4 years in the 1970s ...

Is it just to save costs and spread this out? They don't need to rush it because they don't feel they have to?

Imagine how quick it could get done if they shut down the park to do it for 12-18 months. But when you have people paying full price for a park with 5 rides I guess that's my own answer ...

Disneyhead'71

Here we are celebrating what the Board of Directors has approved, but when it will open will be years away?

Why does the lead time and construction time for modern day projects take so long?

I understand things are more complex and technologically advanced, but when one considers Disneyland was built in 18 months and they built Magic Kingdom, Contemporary, Polynesian, the Monorail etc. in 3-4 years in the 1970s ...

Is it just to save costs and spread this out? They don't need to rush it because they don't feel they have to?

Imagine how quick it could get done if they shut down the park to do it for 12-18 months. But when you have people paying full price for a park with 5 rides I guess that's my own answer ...
I believe that some of this project will move quite quickly.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

Well, one reason is construction codes have changed since the late 60s and early 70s.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
I wonder what the apparently large budget means for the other parks? Perhaps they all get something to address some concerns?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom