Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

jt04

If investment had of happened 5 years ago as many were demanding it would not have included certain special IP's. So just thank your lucky star wars they waited.

And also that you had me around to explain how it would all happen.

PS- vindicationland is beautiful this time of year

:cool:

zooey

I'm curious if ya'll in the know know any design details. Not that you'd share them, but... and this isn't very scientific, are they cool?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I have no details on those. THOSE are still being played close to the vest....
So my guess is once BoD approved funding they pull stuff off the shelf that they have developed and mix and match until they get a cohesive area that falls within the initial budget or do they now start developing ideas and building them out cost wise on spreadsheets?

PhotoDave219

So my guess is once BoD approved funding they pull stuff off the shelf that they have developed and mix and match until they get a cohesive area that falls within the initial budget or do they now start developing ideas and building them out cost wise on spreadsheets?

Other way around. My understanding that the plans have already been solidified (what they are, IDK) and are being shown to the Board so they can see what they just bought.

Such is my understanding.

zooey

Other way around. My understanding that the plans have already been solidified (what they are, IDK) and are being shown to the Board so they can see what they just bought.

Such is my understanding.

Speaking as a layman, not understanding how these things work, I would say that means they bought the idea outright? Wouldn't WDI have put their best plan forward? Or do they have tiered designs based on pre-established budget possibilities?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Wait. Found it. From the associated press....

NEW YORK (AP) — Disney says it will pay dividends twice a year instead of once, and increased its dividend rate.

The company said Wednesday it will pay a dividend of 66 cents on July 29. The payment will go to shareholders of record as of July 6. At that rate, it would pay $1.32 in annual dividends, up almost 15 percent over a year ago.

The Burbank, California-based company paid an annual dividend of $1.15 in January.

The Walt Disney Co. had a strong year in 2014 thanks to popular movies like "Frozen," which came out in late 2013, along with sales of toys and other merchandise and solid results from its theme parks and media networks. This spring "Avengers: Age of Ultron" did more than $1 billion at the box office, and in December Disney is set to release "Star Wars Episode 7: The Force Awakens," the first "Star Wars" film in a decade, following its acquisition of Lucasfilm in 2012.

Shares of Disney have risen 38 percent over the last year. Its shares finished at $113.77 on Wednesday, down 64 cents. The dividend hike was announced after the close. Its shares rose 62 cents to $114.39 in after-hours trading.

I'm so excited - my one share of Disney stock means I can buy a tea at McDonald's. sarcasm

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom