Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

SYRIK2000

I swore I just read earlier in the thread that Indy wasn't going anywhere for the foreseeable future.... :confused:
Do you think Indy would close in the initial stage of construction? Or will it die a slow, agonizing death in phase 2 or 3 or 9 (or however many phases of construction it takes to get HS up to snuff)?

I'm hoping they just move it inside the park.

SYRIK2000

Before I'm blamed for starting Disney vs. Uni...........
nfTWd.gif
You started it.

Jahona

I swore I just read earlier in the thread that Indy wasn't going anywhere for the foreseeable future.... :confused:
Do you think Indy would close in the initial stage of construction? Or will it die a slow, agonizing death in phase 2 or 3 or 9 (or however many phases of construction it takes to get HS up to snuff)?

I made a mention to the fact that Indy was supposed to be booked fairly solid for events for the next year. But if they build this new Theatre over by Rockin Roller Coaster then they could move from the Indy Stage to there.

SYRIK2000

I made a mention to the fact that Indy was supposed to be booked fairly solid for events for the next year. But if they build this new Theatre over by Rockin Roller Coaster then they could move from the Indy Stage to there.

That amphitheater is pretty large. Not sure stage would be big enough.

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member
I ask because of a lingering feeling of pessimism. If the approved plans aren't going to be complete until 2021, then any economic downturn between now and then will probably alter them. And I don't like the odds of maintaining a strong economy for the next six years. Isn't that why the Monsters Inc door coaster was scrapped after ~2008, due to the economy?
That's when certain people "think" it will be done, because it coincides with WDW's 50th, but no one knows until the plans are leaked with dates. I'm willing to bet that everyone is hopeful that they will fast track it a bit, so that a SWL is open around the same time as the 3rd movie in 2017. That would be awesome! Then they can work on Pixar stuff for a few years after that.

dizneycrazy09

That's when certain people "think" it will be done, because it coincides with WDW's 50th, but no one knows until the plans are leaked with dates. I'm willing to bet that everyone is hopeful that they will fast track it a bit, so that a SWL is open around the same time as the 3rd movie in 2017. That would be awesome! Then they can work on Pixar stuff for a few years after that.

Oh how I wish that a 2017 open date could be anywhere near possible.

truecoat

Oh hell no. I go to the store and you two turn this into Disney vs Universal, part 24,601?!?

Take that elsewhere. PMs. Chit Chat. Wherever, just not a thread about the board of directors.

Your lack of instigation is noted.

You're off topic. @wdwmagic yesterday mentioned to stay on topic. Take. It. Elsewhere.

You too. I'm callin all y'all out. Take the Universal talk ELSEWHERE.

Politics is forbidden on these forums, you know better.

Officer Dave is on the job...

FORUM_POLICE.jpg

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
So, 49 pages and counting....

For those of you in the know, when can we expect some announcement from TWDC regarding expansion plans that are/may have been discussed at the BOD meeting? Next D23 fest? Next shareholders meeting? I wonder if a copy of the most recent 10K from the SEC would provide any info...

PhotoDave219

So, 49 pages and counting....

For those of you in the know, when can we expect some announcement from TWDC regarding expansion plans that are/may have been discussed at the BOD meeting? Next D23 fest? Next shareholders meeting? I wonder if a copy of the most recent 10K from the SEC would provide any info...

I do not. I don't even know if Star Wars will be discussed at D23. Some say yes, some say no. Looks like its time to look at the most recent 10k!

Edit: August 4 is the next Earnings call.

Cesar R M

Star Wars Land is definitely going to happen; that should be pretty obvious at this point. It's been reported about extensively in the media, Iger has hinted like crazy around it.. He even said in a shareholder meeting that Star Wars is going to have a huge presence in the parks.

Sure, it needs board approval, but it's going to easily get that. It's the strongest movie franchise that has ever existed and it's still going strong. The board isn't stupid; they know that if they build it, more people will go to DHS and they will easily recoup their investment.

How expansive the DHS plans are still up in the air, but it will definitely include Star Wars.
The problem with talking about "presence" is.. they never claimed it was going to be a star wars land.

I mean, the star wars weekends is "presence".
Same with tangled toilets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom