• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

draybook

Am I the only person not really hyped for the new Star Wars attractions? Than again, I'm not a huge fan when it comes to films with a Sci-Fi themes or takes place in space. I did enjoy the Star Tours ride in Hollywood Studios.

Nope, I'm about as excited for another Star Wars as I am a Clueless remake...

pajammies

Advertisement
Am I the only person not really hyped for the new Star Wars attractions? Than again, I'm not a huge fan when it comes to films with a Sci-Fi themes or takes place in space. I did enjoy the Star Tours ride in Hollywood Studios.
No you're not. I'm not the least bit interested in Star Wars. But I will say I'm still excited for the changes at DHS and can't wait to see what they do. I think it could still be interesting and fun.
However, we are definitely in the minority.

Animaniac93-98

Am I the only person not really hyped for the new Star Wars attractions?
No, but I understand that it's very popular and a license to print money, so I understand why they're focusing so much on it.

My only hope is whatever mix of IPs they use for this expansion, the final result will be worth the wait.

PhotoDave219

So that with Marni1971's "2.8. But remember that's also for infrastructure." from the DHS Thread. We're at $3.4-$3.5 Billion. Anything else getting money?
I like that number. Thats a good number.

All that Ive been told is the same things We've been saying. 10% each to MK/EP..... which is $300-350 Million. Star Wars at DHS. Pixar at DHS. Infrastructure at DHS which may include a Parking Garage/new entrance (From @Lee)

No information on anything else, yes or no.

However @WDW1974 just found this from The LA Times detailing some Pandora/DAK details, so enjoy.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I don't see Buzz or MILF leaving anytime soon. Buzz may get new ride cars and guns but it is a people eating machine and the IP is very very popular and fits in Tomorrowland at least. MILF does not fit but the theater really leaves few options for a ride so my gut is telling me it stays as it also is a people eater and really the show is pretty funny. Stitch for sure gets redone but it will be a similar ride in that space.

The only new ride or area I see getting completely redone and new is the speedway.

Space needs a new track and that should be a maintenance expense as it is just in bad bad shape.
Guardians of the Galaxy could be a decent fit to replace Stitch. I'd love to see the Speedway go and be replaced with something substantial. Not sure if that's enough money to do it though.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Are you comparing TWDC to the highly volatile climate of Silicon Valley?
I'm comparing to other large publicly traded companies which have imploded after posting great financials, Yet even in Silicon Valley the patterns are the same great results yet they spend like they are at the end of their funding and will do anything for cash.

MattM

I'm comparing to other large publicly traded companies which have imploded after posting great financials, Yet even in Silicon Valley the patterns are the same great results yet they spend like they are at the end of their funding and will do anything for cash.
You should short Disney, then. Especially since you didn't like it at $94 from our prior conversation.

Your posts are a kick, man. Real tinfoil hat type stuff. Part of me wants you to stop because people here will read your nonsense and believe what you're saying, but the other part wants you to keep it up because the laughs are great.

Cesar R M

If.... *IF*... There is a GotG attraction ever coming to Orlando, it will be at DHS.

I would really love to know what Iger and the BOD would say if they were given some truth serum and asked about MM+ and if they could have their 1B+ dollars back......
Considering MM+ is doing exactly what they wanted (falsely make people feel like they have priority, analytics, attraction load analysis, attendance selections/choices/tastes, infrastructure upgrades, make the clients are "treasured"). I dont think they would lol.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
You should short Disney, then. Especially since you didn't like it at $94 from our prior conversation.

Your posts are a kick, man. Real tinfoil hat type stuff. Part of me wants you to stop because people here will read your nonsense and believe what you're saying, but the other part wants you to keep it up because the laughs are great.
I'm really good at identifying things/organizations that will fail, I'm not good at predicting success and I usually don't even try. I have had some success in shorting the market. As to Disney I'm down to my holding when I bought it at 40 it's not time to short DIS yet.

Top Bottom