Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

Mike S

If.... *IF*... There is a GotG attraction ever coming to Orlando, it will be at DHS.
image.jpg

Cesar R M

If.... *IF*... There is a GotG attraction ever coming to Orlando, it will be at DHS.
peQVXLd.gif

I would really love to know what Iger and the BOD would say if they were given some truth serum and asked about MM+ and if they could have their 1B+ dollars back......

Considering MM+ is doing exactly what they wanted (falsely make people feel like they have priority, analytics, attraction load analysis, attendance selections/choices/tastes, infrastructure upgrades, make the clients are "treasured"). I dont think they would lol.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
You should short Disney, then. Especially since you didn't like it at $94 from our prior conversation.

Your posts are a kick, man. Real tinfoil hat type stuff. Part of me wants you to stop because people here will read your nonsense and believe what you're saying, but the other part wants you to keep it up because the laughs are great.

I'm really good at identifying things/organizations that will fail, I'm not good at predicting success and I usually don't even try. I have had some success in shorting the market. As to Disney I'm down to my holding when I bought it at 40 it's not time to short DIS yet.

SYRIK2000

I'm really good at identifying things/organizations that will fail, I'm not good at predicting success and I usually don't even try. I have had some success in shorting the market. As to Disney I'm down to my holding when I bought it at 40 it's not time to short DIS yet.

But, what about the pending bankruptcy? :rolleyes:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
But, what about the pending bankruptcy? :rolleyes:

Watch the institutional short positions on DIS, When they spike its time to do some shorting yourself or bail depending on risk tolerance. Remember the contrarians made lots of money when Sunbeam, Kodak, GM, ENRON and Lehman Bros were on their way to zero.

mahnamahna101

or DCA gets the AVENGERS ride and WDW the Guardians of the Galaxy version?

also, pass on Michael Bay. hate the guy.

Considering Universal Orlando is about to bulldoze Doom/Carnage warehouse to make room for an Avengers E-ticket, I'd think TDO would rather stick to GotG at both resorts. To avoid any claims of 'knock-offs'.

Pixar. Marvel. Star Wars. Infrastructure. Small percentage to Epcot and small percentage to Magic Kingdom.

Edit: Ugh.

That moment when $700 million is a small percentage of any budget.... :cool: I'd guess $800 million-$1 billion for DHS infrastructure. Which still leaves roughly $2 billion for the actual DHS redo. If they manage their money properly, they could enhance every area except Sunset (which needs help the least)

I'm guessing Epcot will get an Illuminations update and an overhaul for Imagination ($350 million), while MK gets some refurbishment and possibly something to replace Stitch/Laugh Floor ($350 million). Definitely could be done for $300-350 million each, if they're smart with their money.

Peter Pan and Space Mountain could really use refurbs/upgrades, though - and it'd be nice if they could figure out a way to increase PPF's hourly capacity, even if it's only 100-150 more/hr.

mahnamahna101

If it's $300-350 for MK and Epcot, I would expect the following:
Overhaul of Imagination Pavilion, possible upgrades to World Showcase films, upgrades to Spaceship Earth. If not Imagination, then an Energy pavilion overhaul
For MK, I would expect at least one new attraction, but possible a major focus on Tomorrowland. I'd love to see Space Mountain redone, CoP upgrades and replacements for Stitch, MILF and Buzz
If they're smart, they'll spread Epcot and MK's budgets out. Don't spend it all on one 'big' E-ticket and one refurb, when you can fix up crucial areas of the park in time for WDW's 50th.

Epcot should get an Imagination overhaul ($80-100 million), SSE updates ($20-40 million), and a Energy overhaul ($80-100 million). Illuminations should get updated, too. I'd leave the WS films be, especially when FW needs the help far more.

MK should be focused on Tomorrowland and fixing PPF's ride effects/capacity. Stitch replacement, CoP upgrade, Space Mt overhaul, possibly a new C-ticket, Speedway enhancements (if bulldozing it is a no...), PeopleMover overhaul. Cut the Stitch replacement and PeopleMover overhaul if that would put them over-budget, though.

Probably true. Assuming they want to keep the basic show system but they wanted to just replace Stitch with something more relevant that sorta fits into the TL theme GotG would fit OK IMHO. Not saying it will happen, but it could work.
GotG is a no-brainer to replace Stitch. They could even have Yondu's spear be the main 'scare'. As long as they keep the lights on to avoid freaking little kids out over nothing, it could be a big hit with smart budget usage. If MK had a bigger budget ($600-700 million), I'd suggest retheming Buzz to BH6 or Hero's Duty and Laugh Floor getting replaced, since I personally think all Pixar material except Inside Out/Brave belong in DHS.

But I'd be okay with Stitch staying if it meant everything else in Tomorrowland except Buzz gets a nice upgrade/refurb.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Watch the institutional short positions on DIS, When they spike its time to do some shorting yourself or bail depending on risk tolerance. Remember the contrarians made lots of money when Sunbeam, Kodak, GM, ENRON and Lehman Bros were on their way to zero.
You do realize that short interest in a stock doesn't automatically mean bankruptcy. Some company called Apple is near the top of the top 50 largest short positions right now. I'm not expecting they will be declaring bankruptcy any time soon. DIS doesn't make the list yet.

Also, just listing former successful companies that went bankrupt isn't evidence that TWDC is somehow in trouble. Using that logic every company in the world is on the verge of bankruptcy because it happened to Enron and Lehman. There is next to nothing that links the companies you continue to list as examples to the current DIS. Different industries, different management styles, completely different markets, and a different world. I'm just failing to see the connection.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
If they're smart, they'll spread Epcot and MK's budgets out. Don't spend it all on one 'big' E-ticket and one refurb, when you can fix up crucial areas of the park in time for WDW's 50th.

Epcot should get an Imagination overhaul ($80-100 million), SSE updates ($20-40 million), and a Energy overhaul ($80-100 million). Illuminations should get updated, too. I'd leave the WS films be, especially when FW needs the help far more.

MK should be focused on Tomorrowland and fixing PPF's ride effects/capacity. Stitch replacement, CoP upgrade, Space Mt overhaul, possibly a new C-ticket, Speedway enhancements (if bulldozing it is a no...), PeopleMover overhaul. Cut the Stitch replacement and PeopleMover overhaul if that would put them over-budget, though.

GotG is a no-brainer to replace Stitch. They could even have Yondu's spear be the main 'scare'. As long as they keep the lights on to avoid freaking little kids out over nothing, it could be a big hit with smart budget usage. If MK had a bigger budget ($600-700 million), I'd suggest retheming Buzz to BH6 or Hero's Duty and Laugh Floor getting replaced, since I personally think all Pixar material except Inside Out/Brave belong in DHS.

But I'd be okay with Stitch staying if it meant everything else in Tomorrowland except Buzz gets a nice upgrade/refurb.
I'm with you on spreading the money to upgrade and refurb vs adding new headliners. The big new draws will be at DHS and DAK. One of the big goals for this plan is to more evenly spread crowds between the 4 parks. Adding a big headliner to MK wont help with that.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Not really... They don't have to disclos future spending... But it would be to their benefit to warn the market that expenses and margins will change if the spend is big enough to move the expected targets. And even that can be explained away with vague statements

"We expect to continue significant investments across our Worldwide Parks segments, which we believe will help us to further grow this business for many years to come."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom