• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

ULPO46

There still needs to be a transition of some type from the Hollywood that never was. It would be easier to do if Indy becomes the transition though as it would be less abrupt than Vintage architecture to Star Wars. Personally I hope Echo Lake stays even if the ship and dino are removed and the far side become Dagobah or some Indy jungle waterway.
Well I know that plenty of imageineers are looking at this and it wont be a disappointment I hope(Crossed fingers) Knowing Disney they hopefully will get this right give or take that greedy upper management doesn't cut the budget on this project because it might as well cost just as much as making a 5th gate at the WDWR. My thoughts are that Lights Camera Action will be taken out since there is nothing out way back there. Backlot already went bye bye, next Streets of America, could it be a possible Muppets extension? They honestly need to update that film but not be like epcot and just take out a pavilion's attraction and frozenize it. It will be very interesting to hear when Disney officially announces their decision because it's still being debated since Money has now become a priority in Burbank.

BrerJon

It was going to be called Hollywoodland. Did this change?
There's lots of names floating around. Most people assume Disney Hollywood Adventure, and are using that as a stop-gap name until we know for sure, but others have been suggested... Hollywoodland, Movie Magic, Movie Kingdom, Hollywood Dreams, Stars Kingdom... plenty of rumoured names, but at this point nothing definite has been announced, and even the name change was only confirmed by accident when a shareholder tricked Iger into revealing it.

flynnibus

$3B would need to be disclosed in the earnings call, which is before D23
Not really... They don't have to disclos future spending... But it would be to their benefit to warn the market that expenses and margins will change if the spend is big enough to move the expected targets. And even that can be explained away with vague statements

seascape

I don't think this is the end of Iger's plans. He will want to leave a legacy that is second to none. Plans will still be made for the 50th which is not included in the 3 billion. More hotels and a brand new DVC are still needed and have to be finished before 2021. Besides the 2 Flamingo Crossing hotels, 5,000 to 7,500 more rooms are needed by 2021.

As for any possibility of Universal out drawing Hollywood studios after construction is done there is no way that will happen. It is possible while construction is being done but when finished you will see the new named park draw well over 15 million a year with the new rides and space.

GiveMeTheMusic

Am I the only one who finds the lack of 's to be really distracting? Does Bob Iger despise punctuation that much?
It's been a branding initiative for some time now. No more Disney's, just Disney. Disney California Adventure. Disney Frozen. Disney Paint the Night Parade. Disney Hollywood Adventure.

UpAllNight

I'll just be interested in both.
Exciting times at both resorts.

Universal aren't just going to sit around and let Disney walk it with Star Wars, you can get they're already working on their response (Potter phase 3 I would suggest would be their 'safest' response). Seaworld too may have to keep dropping in world class coasters just to stay in the game.

Brilliant for people who just love theme parks.

articos

Am I the only one who finds the lack of 's to be really distracting? Does Bob Iger despise punctuation that much?
It's been a branding initiative for some time now. No more Disney's, just Disney. Disney California Adventure. Disney Frozen. Disney Paint the Night Parade. Disney Hollywood Adventure.
It's stupid. But Bob had nothing to do with it. He just went along.

Top Bottom