Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

jt04

It's all part of the desire to remove Walt from things, make Disney a brand not a person. It's Universal Islands of Adventure, not Universal's Islands of Adventure... it's Busch Gardens, not Busch's Gardens... that's what they're going for I think.

I think Disney's family has requested they stop putting the name on things he did not create. Seems like I saw that mentioned once. So they dropped the 's. Disney is OK but Disney's no longer is.

IMO's.

janoimagine

Can you imagine what the Mom's Panel would say about Mary Blair. "I don't like that giraffe, why is it purply striped? That's stupid." Focus groups are why we can't have nice things.
I know ... Focus groups are the death of more great concepts ... Give someone $50 and a Ham Sandwich and let them pick your next big ad campaign, it's rediculous ... Can you imagine if they got a good look at Rolly's Doper Posters, or the Beatnik Posters he did? ... Walt thought they were all hilarious, why? Because he appreciated art and talent everywhere and in all forms ... Unlike those of today who only appreciate those who kiss their collective @sses.

BrianLo

But that's exactly what happened with New Fantasyland, isn't it? It was announced, lots of concept art and attractions confirmed, then completely changed, sliced and diced during construction. The Mine Train, which itself got chopped up, wasn't even in the plans when they were first announced.

New Fantasyland actually had its budget increased after it was officially budgeted for/announced. The Mine Train replaced Pixie Hollow/Meet and Greets.

That doesn't mean there wasn't an awesome Plan A with extra attractions, a longer Mine Train, etc. But again, people are confusing what never actually made it out of Imagineering as something that was "cut".

Another way of looking at what happened - they approved 'Plan C' so to speak, and after the poor announcement bumped up to 'Plan B'. 'Plan A' existed, sure, but it was never seriously considered to begin with.

Same thing with Phase Two's. The plans exist, but they never actually pull the trigger, so they are "cancelled". They've pulled the trigger this time.

ToTBellHop

It's all part of the desire to remove Walt from things, make Disney a brand not a person. It's Universal Islands of Adventure, not Universal's Islands of Adventure... it's Busch Gardens, not Busch's Gardens... that's what they're going for I think.

EDIT: Oh I was wrong, it *is* Universal's Islands of Adventure. I was sure it wasn't!
Is this the same company that just developed World of Color: Celebrate which is almost entirely about Walt (with Let It Go played in its entirety because of course)?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
A quick google finds a guy that works for Capital One in brand presence and online marketing and has ties to the NCAA, among other franchises.

It could just be a coincidence, but it may be he's squatting on it for a "reason". Who knows? (it may not even be the same guy)

janoimagine

Is this the same company that just developed World of Color: Celebrate which is almost entirely about Walt (with Let It Go played in its entirety because of course)?
They also have an entire show running on the Magic based on Walt's beginning's ... however they do tend to contradict themselves when they do things like remove 'Walt' from Disney in the movie intros.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom