• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

PhotoDave219

Advertisement
$3 billion? Just for DHS? DHS better be completely fixed with that price tag :D and I mean Sunset expansion along with Star Wars and Pixar :p all kidding aside, even with reworked infrastructure and two parking garages, that's a lot to work with

I'd imagine Epcot/MK would get some of that budget, though. $3 billion for one park would be amazing, but show just how glaringly dismal DHS really is right now.
Well, I posted the 6 month crowd breakdown the other day and you're right. DHS is awful in that they're just not pulling a crowd

DisDan

Yep.
In excess of $3b for the resort as a whole. The vast majority for DHS, a bit for EPCOT and MK.

I'm glad somebody else put it out there first...;)
I'm just glad the story is being corroborated, any idea if the specifics mentioned in the article might be true as well?

stevehousse

with this much money, now that i think about it, would they still be optioning to building into the parking lot area to increase the size of the park? there were those "plans" on the news section of this site the other day about new road infrastructure planned around the DHS area... if 3 billion almost gets you 3/4 of a park, it would make sense to build it out? idk, are the plans for this bigger than we actually think or know of???

PhotoDave219

I'm just glad the story is being corroborated, any idea if the specifics mentioned in the article might be true as well?
Well. The number is right.

And we're talking about DHS.
And Star Wars. and Pixar.

But as for attraction specifics? What he's put out are things that were circulating previously (some of which was shot down).... So it is unclear at the moment.

I wouldn't take any of it for certain yet. I really believe Star Wars is being done on a much grander scale.

kap91

This is exciting.

Also can I finally shout I told you so? This article is literally what I've been predicting here for a crazy long time.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Two Words on DHS remake 'Show Me' - everyone is so excited about Disney's latest PR maneuver, a year from now the only thing 'new' at DHS will be more 'construction walls', Remember kids last year 'Construction was going to start immediately on SW Land etc because they closed 5 attractions' other than hauling key elements to the scrapyard to ensure the attractions could not be reopened what's happened besides MORE planned closures...

Lee

Adventurer
Two Words on DHS remake 'Show Me' - everyone is so excited about Disney's latest PR maneuver, a year from now the only thing 'new' at DHS will be more 'construction walls', Remember kids last year 'Construction was going to start immediately on SW Land etc because they closed 5 attractions' other than hauling key elements to the scrapyard to ensure the attractions could not be reopened what's happened besides MORE planned closures...
I agree that there will be nothing new a year from now.

The budget is spread over a five year build-out.

Patience will be required.

Last edited:

Next Big Thing

If TSPL is truly coming to DHS and potentially any other rides that the whole family can ride, I REALLY hope that we lose Disney Junior. It's marketed at such a tiny portion of the audience and no one above the age of 5 or so actually even cares to go in.

Unless they would have plans to demo that building and do something major with Animation courtyard, maybe turn that back into a quick service?

Top Bottom