• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

Captain Neo

Advertisement
Not sure if this has been posted yet...
I don't know if his sources are as good as WDW1974, PhotoDave, Lee, Steve or Martin. Perhaps you guys can help us sift through what is fact and what is fiction.
Thanks!

http://thisisinfamous.com/3-billion-allow-star-wars-pixar-and-indiana-jones-to-overhaul-disneys-hollywood-studios-exclusive/
Total Baloney

Anything in that article that is true is common sense, borrowed from real insiders, and pure guess work

Capsin4

Really, the way that Disney likes to clone rides, you think that is wishful thinking?
I'd love for an IJ ride, but I don't see that specific attraction coming while Dinosaur is active. Maybe some other variant. With the new IJ themed restaurant coming, it doesn't make sense to me that they would scrub the only other tie-in at the resort without adding something.

ThemeParkJunkee

Total Baloney

Anything in that article that is true is common sense, borrowed from real insiders, and pure guess work
The article claims "our reliable source", singular. I think the rest of the source material is other leaks and posts from people such as those here. I guess we just add one more "source" that says "lots of money...Pixar...Star Wars...possibly something else.

yoyoflamingo

I'd love for an IJ ride, but I don't see that specific attraction coming while Dinosaur is active. Maybe some other variant. With the new IJ themed restaurant coming, it doesn't make sense to me that they would scrub the only other tie-in at the resort without adding something.
It's the way I feel about Muppets with the new show coming to ABC. I know it's in the gray area but even if it has to go would be nice to have a Muppet presence in the park. I know I'm in the minority and probably the wrong side but love me some Muppets.

One thing is certain BOD equals MAJOR MONEY and all the speculation will have to wait until D23. It is nice to wish and hope for certain attractions or ideas but once it broke that BOD was here anyone with C Suite experience knows MAJOR MONEY is being planned! WDW is under constant pressure thanks to Universal and others. Funny some will say the PARKS are not the biggest revenue or profit source which is true from Earnings Report from Disney. The Cable and Movie departments are the biggest Revenue and Profit....HOWEVER, remember the Movies and Cable are in almost every home or just down the street in the Theatre.....the Parks are in 2 SPOTS.....LBV and ANAHEIM and yet they account for the second most profit and revenue....just TWO SPOTS.....not nationwide or worldwide like Movies and Cable and only WDW and Disneyland are totally owned by Disney....their other parks are co-owned or majority owned by others.

D23 is going to be fascinating!

jrhwdw

$3B makes me feel much better than 2B (duh)- but mainly because it allows some to be spread around for the MK 50th- which is what I feared would rob DHS of what it needs.

Yowzah- that's a lot of dough. Now I know why Martin's jaw was on the floor.
Isn't it $3B For DHS?(DHA???? Is DHA just about official now?) Not the whole Resort? Why would MK get some of that money?
I don't recall seeing $3B before the article, did I totally miss that.
The article didn't mention F! Is F! getting a redo or not?
The article did say something about ROE'S replacement. Does that site or this forum have anything more on that?

TabulaRasa

Not sure if this has been posted yet...
I don't know if his sources are as good as Marni1971, WDW1974, PhotoDave, Lee, Steve or Martin. Perhaps you guys can help us sift through what is fact and what is fiction.
Thanks!

http://thisisinfamous.com/3-billion-allow-star-wars-pixar-and-indiana-jones-to-overhaul-disneys-hollywood-studios-exclusive/
Considering Muppets is arguably the best themed area in the park, I would be heartbroken if they took it out. Muppets needs to EXPAND into the horribly placed Pizza Planet, and Mama Melrose! I'm hoping that this is just fan speculation, and has no real merit to it.

PhotoDave219

Isn't it $3B For DHS?(DHA???? Is DHA just about official now?) Not the whole Resort? Why would MK get some of that money?
I don't recall seeing $3B before the article, did I totally miss that.
The article didn't mention F! Is F! getting a redo or not?
The article did say something about ROE'S replacement. Does that site or this forum have anything more on that?
Yes. $3B-ish for WDW.

MansionButler84

In the Parks
No
I think we need to take a giant grain of salt on this attraction lineup....

Sounds a bit like a new budget mixed with old rumored lineups.

IMO.
Yeah, I don't personally buy IJA coming and everything else in the article is already assumed to be in the realm of truth, though on a smaller scale than $3b would provide. This is, however, the first open mention of the $3b number that I've seen.

Captain Neo

3 billion would be jaw dropper
Not really WDW is totally rundown at this point with so much wasted space and closed attractions. It's gotten to the point where all the stateside parks are suffering from nightmarish overcrowding. Honestly to really modernize Disney and give it that true competitive edge and huge lead they used to have back in the 70s, 80s, 90s they would probably need 4 billion. Remember that it costs a lot of money to demolition existing infrastructure and that most of these new rides will be a mix of attractions that rely on video projection as opposed to real immservie environments with audio animatronics, real sets, physical effects, etc. and off the shelf carnival-esque attractions.

Top Bottom