Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

Captain Neo

I just want to say how extremely shortsighted it is to not have at least one new Indiana jones attraction in the new expansion. We already know Disney went to lengths to secure full ownership rights and that lucasfilm will start working on that franchise once Star Wars is back on its feet again. Wouldn't they want a new ride (or dare I say Land!) for when the next film
comes out which will be around the same time the redone MGM studios opens?

SYRIK2000

I just want to say how extremely shortsighted it is to not have at least one new Indiana jones attraction in the new expansion. We already know Disney went to lengths to secure full ownership rights and that lucasfilm will start working on that franchise once Star Wars is back on its feet again. Wouldn't they want a new ride (or dare I say Land!) for when the next film
comes out which will be around the same time the redone MGM studios opens?

Indiana Jones and the Retirement Home.

RSoxNo1

Eh, I'm pretty sure that this is the first mention about this Hill rumor - it hasn't come up, at least what I have read - I certainly haven't heard it (does he even still have a site? it never comes up anymore). It came up from people discussing the film and saying "You know it would fit..." in Imagination, people going back and forth if it was a good or bad thing, and then I posted the email I got from Disney linking IO/Imagination concept.

Sounds like typical Hill, because to be honest other sites have had people randomly discussing the connection, because it definitely could be made - and him making an "article" about fan speculation and hoping it sticks to the wall. ;)

EDIT: Just tried to go to his site and couldn't find it - link? Or better yet, paste the text? Because the second I went to his site I got cheap pop-up ads and homie don't play that, LOL. All that Flash junk and pop ups I thought I was going to the Sentinel...although I don't think they do pop-up browser takeovers even there.
This is what I have for the history of Imagination rumors:
June 23, 2015: Jim Hill (@JimHillMedia) reported on Twitter that the plan for the Imagination Pavilion is to replace the movie previews/Captain EO with a permanent show based on Inside Out. In a subsequent post on Twitter he said that this would not affect the ride.

June 15, 2015: On Episode #81 of the Unofficial Guide's Disney Dish with Jim Hill, Jim mentions that if Inside Out is successful it would be a strong candidate to fully overhaul the Imagination Pavilion.

June 10, 2015: In an article on SlashFilm, Inside Out Director Pete Docter and producer Jonas Rivera indicated that within 45 minutes of pitching the film, they also reached out to Imagineering about the concept.

May 1, 2015: The Disney Parks Blog announced that an exclusive sneak peek of Disney/Pixar's Inside Out will be coming to Epcot this summer. The sneak peek will play at the Captain EO theater which is currently showing a sneak peek of the upcoming Tomorrowland film.

Inside Out debuts in theaters on June 19th and the preview will begin on May 30th. The Tomorrowland preview will end on May 24th with that film debuting in theaters on May 22nd.

April 9, 2015: On Episode #79 of The Disney Nerds podcast, Jim Hill reports that the Jerry Rees mystery project is the new film for Soarin'. He also indicates that Inside Out will soon be coming to the Captain EO theater. It is unclear if this will be a preview of the new movie similar to the Tomorrowland preview. Jim seemed to indicate that this would be a permanent replacement and not just a movie preview.

He also indicated that in the movie they get on a train to Imagination Land and Figment can be seen in the background.

May 7, 2014: Imagineer Jerry Rees has a note on his official site that he's working on a Mystery Attraction in Epcot. The note reads:

"Mystery Attraction" / EPCOT
Next-gen larger-than-life interactive spectacle.
Premiere planned for late 2015 or early 2016.

August 10, 2013: During the Legends Ceremony at the D23 Expo, Bob Iger explicitly said that Figment isn't going anywhere. This was followed by Tony Baxter suggesting that they bring back Dreamfinder.

July 24, 2013: IlluminatingEpcot.com has posted an update that the Imagination Pavilion will close on January 2. Captain EO will close permanently and a refurbishment will come to Journey Into Imagination with Figment.

July 9, 2013: WDWMagic.com user WDW1974 has reported that cast members working that Imagination Pavilion have been informed that it will be closed this winter for a refurbishment.

April 22, 2013: On Episode 41 of the Unofficial Guide's Disney Dish podcast, Jim Hill mentioned that the Jerry Rees mystery project is likely a replacement to Captain EO.

March 26, 2013: Concept Art appeared on WDWMagic.com that was watermarked with the logo for Theme Park Connection. The concept art appears to be a new location for Agent P's World Showcase Adventure using the Figment's Place camera shop by the Imagination! jumping water fountains.

March 18, 2013: On Unofficial Guide Disney Dish Episode 38, Jim Hill speculates that Phineas and Ferb is booking looked at as a possibility for the Imagination Pavilion.

March 9, 2013: Jerry Rees gives an interview on the Season Pass Podcast where he first mentions the Mystery Project.

February 5, 2013: A thread surfaced on WDWMagic.com hypothesizing that Phineas and Ferb may be coming to the Imagination! Pavilion.

August 16, 2012: On Unofficial Guide Disney Dish Episode 16, Jim Hill provides an update on the long standing rumor that changes are coming to the Imagination! Pavilion. He shares that if it happens, Dreamfinder would likely to be returning and the show that replaces Captain EO will likely involve components whereby actors move in and out of the screen. This would be similar to Terminator 2: 3D at Universal Studios or Cinemagique at Disney Studios Paris

stretchsje

I really expect some sort of Pixar play land to be phase one for two reasons. One, those rides are simplest and can be deployed the fastest. Two, they won't be at the far perimeter of the park, which is where the C, D, and E tickets will go, which means the fast-tracked rides won't be a physical barrier to the more ambitious, time-consuming construction projects.

Jim Hill said Cars Land / Radiator Springs Racers was supposed to be the last phase of this area, but since Star Wars didn't start construction in January as hoped, that timeline may be out the window.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

That would be my guess, it did generate quite the reaction. Take away anything but our food.
but they didnt take anything, they added poop!

There can be only one!!!!!! ;)
mFYIHFB.jpg

cheezbat

You should read the Uni forums, they're coming up with all sorts of ridiculous reasons why this can't possibly be true.
I'm on those boards too and while I don't agree with them on this matter, I understand their skeptical look on things...Disney hasn't done anything in the past decade at WDW to make us think they'll go big with the DHS redo...but honestly I trust our insiders here so I believe it will be something grand. DHS needs it.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Uuhh imagination isn't in the land pavilion and their already is a medical pavilion rotting that used to have a similar concept called cranium command. Why can't they put inside out there? Are people really this stupid?
Ecause se there is nothing but history tying the location to the theme. There is nothing to reuse or repurpose except the physical building itself.

The biggest reason to use wol is simply that it is empty

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour

P_Radden

Not sure if this has been posted yet...
I don't know if his sources are as good as WDW1974, PhotoDave, Lee, Steve or Martin. Perhaps you guys can help us sift through what is fact and what is fiction.
Thanks!

http://thisisinfamous.com/3-billion...overhaul-disneys-hollywood-studios-exclusive/

So some quick facts from this article:

"Details of Disney’s Hollywood Adventure are set to be rolled out at this year’s D23 Expo in Anaheim come August"

Budget: $3 Billion

Park Name: Disney's Hollywood Adventure

Star Wars Land: "two new STAR WARS attractions tapped to be in the works, including a Dagobah centerpiece for where Echo Lake and Gertie the Dinosaur currently reside"

Pixar: "Pixar Place will continue to grow, with three new attractions being added to the mix, and that doesn’t even count the expansion of Toy Story Mania that is currently in the works."

Indiana Jones: "an updated version of the Indiana Jones Adventure that can be found in Disneyland in Anaheim, CA, will be breaking ground in Florida finally"

So what can be confirmed, what is wishful thinking?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom