Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

CaptainAmerica

My daughter will want to do the Frozen stuff but I don't know if I'll be brave enough to go over there.
It will be a draw but it's really the ONLY draw for the princess crowd. Think of Fantasyland today. You're dealing with Frozen crowds AND Dumbo crows AND Be Our Guest crowds AND Mermaid crowds AND Peter Pan crowds. Norway will be Frozen crowds, and that's it.

SYRIK2000

It will be a draw but it's really the ONLY draw for the princess crowd. Think of Fantasyland today. You're dealing with Frozen crowds AND Dumbo crows AND Be Our Guest crowds AND Mermaid crowds AND Peter Pan crowds. Norway will be Frozen crowds, and that's it.

Yea going to be interesting to see how it pans out.

IMFearless

No, adding Elsa and Anna to a character meal. I think Akershus will be the one they do. Just surprised it hasn't happened already.

Is there word that the A&E meet and greet will leave MK at this point? As people have said there is crazy demand for them. Why would they not add them to Epcot in addition?

Also, I realise we are all assuming the Meet and Greet in Norway will be A&E, but has this been confirmed? Could they put A&E in Akershaus where the money is, and have an Olaf Meet and Greet? Not saying this is the plan, just thinking out loud.

CaptainAmerica

Also, I realise we are all assuming the Meet and Greet in Norway will be A&E, but has this been confirmed? Could they put A&E in Akershaus where the money is, and have an Olaf Meet and Greet? Not saying this is the plan, just thinking out loud.
Could be both, right? Pooh is on Main Street, Fantasyland, and the UK pavilion.

IMFearless

Could be both, right? Pooh is on Main Street, Fantasyland, and the UK pavilion.

Same with lots of characters, in multiple parks, Pluto for example, who at this point does not command a triple digit wait time.

It would be crazy to take the girls out of PFH until the wait times are more in the 30-45 minute range.

Most parents would not be happy waiting in line with a preteen child for longer than that, it just isn't enjoyable for anyone, if Disney can reduce the wait time they really should as guest satisfaction is a major concern. The one thing that they don't want people to remember is the 5 hour wait for Anna and Elsa like we had initially when they were in Norway.

FerretAfros

Those are no longe at WDW. I think @marni1971 said they're at Hong Kong for the Iron Man ride.
I heard from a reliable source that they were going to be used for HKDL. I thought it was a little far-fetched to ship 25+ year old simulators halfway around the world to try to save a few bucks, but he insisted that was their intent. This conversation was a while back; I think it was before they had actually been removed from Epcot.

Clearly there is some sort of plan to use the simulators, or Disney wouldn't have gone to the expense of removing them. That part of the building isn't used for any of the special events, so it would be a lot cheaper/easier to just let them sit there and rot away, like Buzzy, the Backlot Tour, and River Country

SYRIK2000

Same with lots of characters, in multiple parks, Pluto for example, who at this point does not command a triple digit wait time.

It would be crazy to take the girls out of PFH until the wait times are more in the 30-45 minute range.

Most parents would not be happy waiting in line with a preteen child for longer than that, it just isn't enjoyable for anyone, if Disney can reduce the wait time they really should as guest satisfaction is a major concern. The one thing that they don't want people to remember is the 5 hour wait for Anna and Elsa like we had initially when they were in Norway.

They are definitely putting a building in Norway for Frozen M&G. It would just make sense to remove them from FL to help balance capacity.

CaptainAmerica

The one thing that they don't want people to remember is the 5 hour wait for Anna and Elsa like we had initially when they were in Norway.
I doubt they care much, nor do I think they should. It's not like there's a shortage of better ways to spend five hours in the Magic Kingdom. I've said this before, but if you're too A) spineless to tell your kids "no" or B) too detached from reality where you yourself want to wait that long to meet a cosplaying college student, that's on you. Lines have a way of self-regulating because once they get too long, people will simply skip the attraction until it reaches equilibrium.

SYRIK2000

I doubt they care much, nor do I think they should. It's not like there's a shortage of better ways to spend five hours in the Magic Kingdom. I've said this before, but if you're too A) spineless to tell your kids "no" or B) too detached from reality where you yourself want to wait that long to meet a cosplaying college student, that's on you. Lines have a way of self-regulating because once they get too long, people will simply skip the attraction until it reaches equilibrium.

We don't get in any queue over 30 minutes. But we generally travel off season.

dumboflyer

We don't get in any queue over 30 minutes. But we generally travel off season.
We acted like the Frozen Girls didn't exist when we were there in Feb. We got them "out of the way" on the cruise ship (where they are the *only* meet & greet that is a separate ticketed event) so we could avoid waiting in lines in the parks. Worked quite well. No one tell my nieces.

NowInc

I heard from a reliable source that they were going to be used for HKDL. I thought it was a little far-fetched to ship 25+ year old simulators halfway around the world to try to save a few bucks, but he insisted that was their intent. This conversation was a while back; I think it was before they had actually been removed from Epcot.

Clearly there is some sort of plan to use the simulators, or Disney wouldn't have gone to the expense of removing them. That part of the building isn't used for any of the special events, so it would be a lot cheaper/easier to just let them sit there and rot away, like Buzzy, the Backlot Tour, and River Country

They were apparently dismantled and used for parts to fix the star tours sims during the 2.0 upgrade.

IMFearless

I agree with all of that to an extent but Disney relies on people not doing A or B. They want people to say "yes" to their kids, "yes" to being detached from reality. How else can you explain BBB? Sinister Soirée? The whole business relies on people doing just that.

All I'm saying is, although it is ridiculous to wait for hours for a meet and greet, it is even more ridiculous to take out two sets of Frozen from PFTH and not take the opportunity to reduce what is a consistently uncomfortable wait for most. What would they put in there that is more popular?

SYRIK2000

We acted like the Frozen Girls didn't exist when we were there in Feb. We got them "out of the way" on the cruise ship (where they are the *only* meet & greet that is a separate ticketed event) so we could avoid waiting in lines in the parks. Worked quite well. No one tell my nieces.

I got fast passes for both the M&G and sing along. But since I do the planning for my family somehow my wife got the fast pass to take my daughter while I took the boys on other stuff.

SYRIK2000

I agree with all of that to an extent but Disney relies on people not doing A or B. They want people to say "yes" to their kids, "yes" to being detached from reality. How else can you explain BBB? Sinister Soirée? The whole business relies on people doing just that.

All I'm saying is, although it is ridiculous to wait for hours for a meet and greet, it is even more ridiculous to take out two sets of Frozen from PFTH and not take the opportunity to reduce what is a consistently uncomfortable wait for most. What would they put in there that is more popular?

Current IP M&G would be my guess.

TP2000

Disney is all about controlling the social media message, They don't want the critics upsetting the 'soccer mom' crowd thats why we have the 'Moms Panel' does it include guys like Spirit, Martin or Steve who collectively generate millions of Disney related page views,

No it has characters like Fadra Nally who's blog on the big invitiation only social media event garnered 87 count em 87 page views. Oh and she gets free trips cruises etc But they can trot her out on facebook and the DPB as an 'Expert' on being a mom taking your kids to Disney.

Disney's big fear is the overall staleness of WDW going viral and affecting bookings, That's why its important to discredit critics of Todays WDW

God bless you for remembering Fadra Nally! I'd almost forgot about her.

She's up to 74 (ironic number) views for her Day 2 video from the fabulous free WDW vacation her family received. As an East Coast girl she seems far more comfortable in Florida than she did when Disney flew her family out to Disneyland last year; she didn't seem to like it that much and the California culture seemed a bit foreign to her. But she's had a great time at the Beach Club Resort this year, and for her part she did this type of stuff.

Let's see if we can get the little lady up to 100 views.

Not to pick on her too much, as I'm sure she's a genuinely nice person when she's not holding an iPhone in front of her face. The point here is that this is a purposeful marketing strategy by Disney management. And it's horrifying the resources, money and energy that's poured into these women and their mommy blogs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom