Bob Iger at WDW now ... BoD to Follow?

flynnibus

Premium Member
And you will note Iger bounced Matt Ouimet out of TWDC... So the message goes out 'Creative Types NOT welcome at Today's Disney'

More like.. Ouimet said "Screw you, I'm going home" -- They passed him over, clashed with him, didn't reward him, and he said F'this and left. Darth Raulso then put Dead Ed in his place and started the '3yr Disneyland President' rotation they still use to make the DLR president position simply a stop on the executive carousal in P&R.

IMFearless

I disagree the frozen M&G is the most popular attraction at MK , people will follow it to Epcot. May just mean more hopping but should help crowds at MK and make it worst in Norway.

That's assuming Anna and Elsa come out of MK, my feeling is they will keep both sets, at least until their popularity dies down a bit.

P_Radden

They aren't even in the pavilion anymore. Body wars is opens into a big "pit" last I heard.

I would love to see a pic of this area. This pavilion has such a huge footprint and unique structure, it screams potential. But all potential means is that they ain't done squat yet. Hopefully WDI is working on some sort of replacement (even if it is years down the road) attraction for that pavilion.

SYRIK2000

I absolutely can. There are families with little girls who skip Epcot entirely because "there's nothing for kids."

I have people ask me if there's any way to get Frozen Fast Passes since they are generally scooped up very fast. Same with the sing-a-long at DHS. I'm surprised they haven't been added to one of the character meals yet.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Based on what Metric? How are you determining its popularity?

It has a very large demand based on that its a very low capacity attraction. All M&Gs are.

Regardless of throughput... the fact people will tolerate lines that exceed 2x-3x the lines of other available attractions speaks to it's popularity through people's tolerance to wait. Capacity can be used to justify the lack of wait tolerance if supply exceeds demand.. so wait tolerance is rarely tested... but capacity on continuously operating attractions won't dictate much how much people are actually willing to wait.

If people are willing to wait 2-3hrs when other alternatives are 30mins... it doesn't matter if its 100p/hr or 2000p/hr -- that is a crazy willingness to wait.

IMFearless

I absolutely can. There are families with little girls who skip Epcot entirely because "there's nothing for kids."

But are they going to reduce the time they spend at MK as a result of visiting Epcot?

I'm not saying Epcot won't see an increase in attendance, I'm just saying that MK will not be significantly emptier because of it.

PhotoDave219

But are they going to reduce the time they spend at MK as a result of visiting Epcot?

I'm not saying Epcot won't see an increase in attendance, I'm just saying that MK will not be significantly emptier because of it.

Side note, Epcot is drawing more days of larger crowds then this time last year.

SYRIK2000

I think with the popularity of Frozen it will. Even if it's one day of your trip switched from MK to EP. It will help with the balance some.

SYRIK2000

Well we know that the M&G will eventually move to Epcot. Its being built but wont open before the ride.... last I heard.

Yea the ride should open first but that little cul-de-sac that is Norway is not designed for large crowds. Plus keep in mind Akershus hosts a Princess character meal. It's gonna be insane when all three are going especially if the Frozen gals are added to Akershus as well.

IMFearless

I would love to see a pic of this area. This pavilion has such a huge footprint and unique structure, it screams potential. But all potential means is that they ain't done squat yet. Hopefully WDI is working on some sort of replacement (even if it is years down the road) attraction for that pavilion.

I had a good nose around during F&W and the pavilion is surprisingly intact to how I remember it.

The body wars wing was not easily accessible, but the rest of the theming was much the same as it was in 96 last time I was in WoL. It was like a time warp.

Sad to see it just left empty much of the time, on the plus side I picked up a nice fruit bowl!

CaptainAmerica

More time in Epcot means less time somewhere else. Any time in the MK currently attributable to Frozen will be given up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom