Bob Hope died at 100

Mitzer

:cry: Very sad news about Bob Hope. He was my favorite actor/comedian from the old days. I was lucky to have had the opportunity to meet him about 20 years ago, one of the highlights in my life...I will certainly miss him.

blm07

I heard the news this morning, even if I don't know him very much, its sad what happpened. He wanted everyone to remember the funny times he gave us, and to me I remember his TV show with the 3 brothers at the inn.

cuteypatooty78

Originally posted by blm07
I heard the news this morning, even if I don't know him very much, its sad what happpened. He wanted everyone to remember the funny times he gave us, and to me I remember his TV show with the 3 brothers at the inn.

Um, I think you're talking about someone else....:lol: Bob Hope was a different guy then the person you mean. :)

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
UGH! All day on the friggin TV, Net (not here or the person that posted this :) but all the news sites) , and radio.... thats all I heard about is Bob Hope!... Enough already... we get it...he's DEAD!!! Does this come as a big shock to some people.... he was 100.... What...did people think he was gonna live another 100 years!? Its the same thing/coverage when Princess Di died.... overkill. ( no tasteless pun intended) :(

Ok... sorry ... had to very there.... :(

So long Pepsodent (sp?) Kid :(

GRUD

Sad News Indeed.

Being in the Military myself (even if only in the MO Army National Guard), I Greatly Appreciated everything Mr. Hope did for all my fellow Servicemembers, Past and Present. Even though he never served in the Military himself, I feel his contributions were every bit as important as anyone that ever served.

While there is a small Navy ship named after him (a supply ship of some sort, I think), I Wish some branch of our Military could come up with a more suitable way of Honoring a man that was So Supportive of our Troops. I also feel we should fly flags at half-mast for at least one week, if not longer. I don't know if he was on VH1's list of 200 Top Icons or not, but I feel HE should have been #1, instead of Oprah:)hurl: ).

I'm sure that wherever he is now, him and Bing are reunited, and still entertaining people. I doubt the Human Race will ever see the likes of him again. :cry:

Thanks Indeed for the Memories.

GRUD

More News About Mr. Hope.

I got this from a story about Mr. Hope from the Military.Com website.

"A gifted comedian who entertained audiences for decades with his unique talents, Bob Hope brought joy and laughter to our nation," President Bush said Monday in a special proclamation. It decreed that flags be flown at half-staff on the day of Hope's private interment, tentatively scheduled for Wednesday. The family also planned an Aug. 27 Mass and memorial tribute, which would be open to the public.

Also:

Turner Classic Movies changed its schedule to show five Hope films on Thursday - "The Road to Hong Kong" (1962),"A Global Affair" (1964), "Call Me Bwana" (1963), "I'll Take Sweden" (1965) and "Bachelor In Paradise" (1961).

I'm Glad to hear that the Country will show this Great Man the Honor he so Richly Deserves, even if only for one day.

ACE

Originally posted by DMC-12
UGH! All day on the friggin TV, Net (not here or the person that posted this :) but all the news sites) , and radio.... thats all I heard about is Bob Hope!... Enough already... we get it...he's DEAD!!! Does this come as a big shock to some people.... he was 100.... What...did people think he was gonna live another 100 years!? Its the same thing/coverage when Princess Di died.... overkill. ( no tasteless pun intended) :(

Ok... sorry ... had to very there.... :(

So long Pepsodent (sp?) Kid :(

Bob Hope deserves all the coverage he's getting plus a whole lot more. This man was a National Treasure and deserves to be treated as such. I know a lot of you young folks don't know much about Mr. Hope but I would think someone who claims to be a journalist would at least learn a little bit about the subject they are speaking on.

:wave: ACE

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom