Bob Chapek's response to Florida's 'Don't Say Gay' bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImperfectPixie

šŸ˜

I discussed the actual language of the bill with you. And you just stopped responding. Now you are angrily talking about the Gov as if I care.

If youā€™d like to discuss the bill, Iā€™d be open to that. But Iā€™m not going to defend Gov Desantis against your attacks. Heā€™s not my governor, and to be totally frank, Iā€™ve never voted for any Republican in my life. Iā€™m essentially a European progressive. So if youā€™re trying to bait me into an argument about Desantis, itā€™s not going to work.
DeSantis didn't author the bill.

lazyboy97o

šŸ˜

I discussed the actual language of the bill with you. And you just stopped responding. Now you are angrily talking about the Gov as if I care.

If youā€™d like to discuss the bill, Iā€™d be open to that. But Iā€™m not going to defend Gov Desantis against your attacks. Heā€™s not my governor, and to be totally frank, Iā€™ve never voted for any Republican in my life. Iā€™m essentially a European progressive. So if youā€™re trying to bait me into an argument about Desantis, itā€™s not going to work.
What attack? First, the governor didnā€™t write the law and wasnā€™t mentioned in my post. You claim the text of the bill does not reflect the authorā€™s intent. Please explain how the author set out to do one thing and ended up doing something different.

Lilofan

Well, I just got an email that the host hotel for Gay Days 2022 is now completely sold out, which just goes to prove what I've said from the beginning - no heaping batch of homophobia is going to keep a bunch of bubble headed circuit queens away from their precious dance floors and pool parties. It's actually pretty sad, really.
I hope there are many wearing red especially on that first Sat in June at Magic Kingdom. Gone are the days when DHS hosted the infamous One Mighty Party until 3am during Gay Days with DJs and celebrities offerings. My friends went to the Kathy Griffin stand up performance at the Lights Motor Action theatre one-year and loved every minute of her raunchy humor.

Disney4Lyfe

What attack? First, the governor didnā€™t write the law and wasnā€™t mentioned in my post. You claim the text of the bill does not reflect the authorā€™s intent. Please explain how the author set out to do one thing and ended up doing something different.
Can you link me to the ā€œintentā€ of the bill please?

TP2000

And meanwhile the voluntary exodus of people from California to Florida, Texas, and Idaho continues....

I'm moving to southern Utah myself, although I briefly considered Idaho. But I couldn't really convince myself to go east of the Rockies.

BuddyThomas

I hope there are many wearing red especially on that first Sat in June at Magic Kingdom. Gone are the days when DHS hosted the infamous One Mighty Party until 3am during Gay Days with DJs and celebrities offerings. My friends went to the Kathy Griffin stand up performance at the Lights Motor Action theatre one-year and loved every minute of her raunchy humor.
I went to One Mighty Party at MGM more times that I can count. Same with Riptide (formerly Beach Ball) at Typhoon Lagoon, and a couple of years, before it was discontinued, the one at Epcot. But that was before I knew about all these political donations,

Last edited by a moderator:

Disney4Lyfe

Can you link me to the intent? I know I asked already, but I would like to see. The bill I read doesnā€™t seem to be the correct bill. Would like to educate myself.

Tamandua

And Marvel released a statement today.

It's a basic human right to discuss sexuality in schools with children? Give me a break. I can't believe society has declined so far that there's even a debate on this, and that the biggest family entertainment company in the world took the side of "we need to be able to discuss sex with children." ridiculous.

Californian Elitist

It's a basic human right to discuss sexuality in schools with children? Give me a break. I can't believe society has declined so far that there's even a debate on this, and that the biggest family entertainment company in the world took the side of "we need to be able to discuss sex with children." ridiculous.
Sexuality is already being discussed in schools, unofficially. Sex education, however, is in plenty of elementary school curriculums around the country and has been for years.

Too late.šŸ¤·šŸ¾ā€ā™€ļø

Disney4Lyfe

Sexuality is already being discussed in schools, unofficially. Sex education, however, is in plenty of elementary school curriculums around the country and has been for years.

Too late.šŸ¤·šŸ¾ā€ā™€ļø
Sex-Ed for 6 year olds. I may be mistaken, but pretty sure I didnā€™t have that class in 1st grade. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

ParkPeeker

Idk if youā€™re creating a straw man or genuinely havenā€™t read the past few pages. ā€œSexual orientation and gender identityā€ already being in the formal curriculum implicitly has been discussed. This bill wasnā€™t meant for what youā€™re stating it to mean (prohibiting sexual education to kindergartners).

Lilofan

I went to One Mighty Party at MGM more times that I can count. Same with Riptide (formerly Beach Ball) at Typhoon Lagoon, and a couple of years, before it was discontinued, the one at Epcot. But that was before I knew about all these political donations, and that was before Florida political parties were run by flat out raging homophobes.
I read that GayDaysOrlando 2022 is having again the Riptide party taking over Typhoon Lagoon until 2am one evening and renting out House of Blues at Disney Springs another evening . It should be a fun, wet and wild time for all who attend!

Last edited:

Lilofan

Oh sorry. I thought we were discussing the bill in question.
The bill in question obviously energized the hard working and passionate cast members to discuss mass walk out. Anyone who is at WDW during the week of March 22 better pack a lot of patience if their vacation is slightly altered. It seems like the cast heard loud and clear on Chapek's message and cast are taking it to next level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom